• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Washouts

marinermick

starfish said:
Sacko said:
No the CCF can't do anything about the rain, BUT:
They should have notified all players BEFORE they any cash was paid that the rules pertaining to washed out games have changed
They can use free weekends such the coming weekend to reschedule partly washed out rounds and replay washed out rounds and why are there 2 weekends during the season (in addition to Easter) when there are no games scheduled for MAA if washed out games / rounds are not going to be scheduled?

Otherwise put up and shut up.

Nice attitude and it is this type of arrogance that leads to the bad decisions made.

It is also convenient blaming the new board. If, as you say, the decision was made before the season started, wasn't the new board not in place by then?

Why can't the people who made these decisions accept that they made a bad decision, accept that the majority of the football playing/public are upset by it, and do everything in their power to rectify the situation for next season?

Instead they choose to attack the very people affected by the bad decision.

marinermick

If anyone out there on forum land who has access to legal advice or anyone else who might be interested in a class action to recover money paid and subsequently lost through this debacle please PM me.

FFC Mariner

Just as a matter of interest, I wonder how many club reps canvassed their players to see what their views were?

starfish

marinermick said:
starfish said:
Sacko said:
No the CCF can't do anything about the rain, BUT:
They should have notified all players BEFORE they any cash was paid that the rules pertaining to washed out games have changed
They can use free weekends such the coming weekend to reschedule partly washed out rounds and replay washed out rounds and why are there 2 weekends during the season (in addition to Easter) when there are no games scheduled for MAA if washed out games / rounds are not going to be scheduled?

Otherwise put up and shut up.

Nice attitude and it is this type of arrogance that leads to the bad decisions made.

It is also convenient blaming the new board. If, as you say, the decision was made before the season started, wasn't the new board not in place by then?

Why can't the people who made these decisions accept that they made a bad decision, accept that the majority of the football playing/public are upset by it, and do everything in their power to rectify the situation for next season?

Instead they choose to attack the very people affected by the bad decision.

No one is attacking the people affected by the decision - I think it is an absolute debacle as well. I was just stating the facts. To paraphrase them to make my point a bit clearer (which I probably didnt do before)
1. There was a lot of criticism of the board last year and especially those involved in the day to day running of the competition.
2. There was also a lot of very justifiable criticism of the CCF website and it not being used as an effective communication tool.
3. A new board was elected on the promise of a major overhaul and reform of many aspects of administration of the game including competition and the website (amongst many other things).
4. The new board made it very clear to all of the clubs what they proposed. The clubs endorsed the proposal and voted for it.
5. The Regulations were put on the website for all to see.

FFC Mariner said:
Just as a matter of interest, I wonder how many club reps canvassed their players to see what their views were?
Probably none - or at least very few. Thats why we elect club officials and executives to make decisions on behalf of the players using their football and administrative experience for what they consider the best interests of their members and for their clubs.

And that is also why the club delegates elect board members - to do the job of running the assoication.

Hopefully this will be reversed and a different system introduced next year. My main point was that none of this should be a surprise to anyone considering the publicity that was generated by it.http://marinators.net/forum/index.php?topic=4198.25

darrensprod

All on the Forum

The subject of washouts is very contentious one.  When the board was elected on December 16 last year we had 40 days (including Christmas) to write our competition plan for 2010 including regulations and a proposal for clubs to vote on regarding draw structure and washouts. 

We wanted to ensure clearly documented policy to ensure everyone was aware of the draw setup.  We implemented new competition software and wanted to get a full draw out for the whole season. 

There were two models put to the clubs.  One was to fill up the draw as much as possible and not leave room for washout replays and the other was to leave gaps for washouts.  We now dont have as much access to Council grounds midweek for washout replays and infact Council has strongly discouraged this.  This weekend was left free at the clubs request due to school holidays. 

In saying that let me say that CCF, including me as the Chairman, accepts full responsibility for the competition delivery this year and recognise there are a numbers of areas where we have done well and some where we need to do better.  We fully acknowledge that we need a better model for handling washouts and we are currently writing a plan for next season and I am open to any feedback that the football public may have in regard to this. 

You are all correct that we need to ensure am well managed competition across all grades and it has become quite clear that all players in all grades would like games replayed.  Therefore we need to look at a model that can incorporate this while satisfying councils requirements now that grounds are only used for 25 hours per week (including training). 

When elected I said we would be open and transparent and I want to ensure that this is the case and that while we believe we have moved forward in a number of areas this is the area that is causing most concern to the football public and you can rest assured it will be addressed for 2011.

We will be having a feedback session in September/October that will allow not only clubs but the football public to provide input into the competition and draw make up for 2011 however I am happy to receive any feedback directly to my email ( chairman@ccfootball.com.au ) as I am determined to deliver value for money along with a well managed competition for 2011. 

Regards
Darren Sprod
Chairman
Central Coast Football Ltd

marinermick

Thanks Darren.

It is good to see the CCF board take some much needed leadership on this matter for the best interest of the players and paying customers.

We would be waiting until the cows come home before the clubs could agree on a adequate solution or even acknowledge that there is a problem.

offtheball

Gosford City Council has let its fee paying constituents down big time over the past five to ten years. It now seems Wyong is going down the same path. Although in defence of WSC they do seem to have spent significantly more money on infrastructure than GCC.

If both councils have a policy of only 25 hours per week  use of grounds including training, why don't they reward clubs when they use grounds responsibly. Why can't clubs "bank" hours. In essence we had three weeks of total washouts, games and training. Nice little rest period for every ground. Why can't these lost 75 hours be made up?

Ranyen

The thing I'm most annoyed about with these washouts is that as part of my rego, I pay the full comp's ref fees upfrount instead of bringing $ per week. And from the looks of it, I won't be re-imbursed for the matches that are washed out that I've pre-paid for.

Like a few people I know, the cost of the rego (especially as Tim plays too, so we have to fork out a fair bit) means that we are eating baked beans on toast for dinner every night for a month just to pay for rego.

So those that are complaining about losing points, etc. Look on the bright side, at least you are keeping those $ you are meant to be paying each week when you play.

hasbeen

Ranyen said:
The thing I'm most annoyed about with these washouts is that as part of my rego, I pay the full comp's ref fees upfrount instead of bringing $ per week. And from the looks of it, I won't be re-imbursed for the matches that are washed out that I've pre-paid for.

Like a few people I know, the cost of the rego (especially as Tim plays too, so we have to fork out a fair bit) means that we are eating baked beans on toast for dinner every night for a month just to pay for rego.

So those that are complaining about losing points, etc. Look on the bright side, at least you are keeping those $ you are meant to be paying each week when you play.

Ref's fees as part of your rego? You should contact your club for a refund, this has nothing to do with the CCF.

Ranyen

hasbeen said:
Ranyen said:

Ref's fees as part of your rego? You should contact your club for a refund, this has nothing to do with the CCF.

I'm aware this isn't CCF's fault. Just making a point that competition points are not the worst thing people are losing because of these washouts.

And yes, I am bringing it up with my club

Kareem

well no games were scheduled on saturday...
would lol though, if sunday got washed out- as this is a designated make-up day for the A grade/1st grade teams

Alicia

Personally I've never understood why Tuggerah, not sure if other clubs do it also, but charge players ref fee's up front. Sure it makes sense to not have to worry about making sure you have cash on game day, but sometimes we don't even have a ref.  What happens with games where you have to find your own ref? Where does the money go then?

dibo

My association pays referees via EFT and we invoice clubs after the fact. We basically budget against our coverage and set fees accordingly.

Ranyen

I'm not sure about other Tuggerah Teams, but every game I've had so far has had a Ref + at least 1 linesperson

marinermick

Ranyen said:
I'm not sure about other Tuggerah Teams, but every game I've had so far has had a Ref + at least 1 linesperson

we have hardly had a ref all season

the upside is that the team kitty is healthy for end of season trip

masmariner

Ranyen said:

I think we are talking about how many you have lost due to washouts etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred