• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Washouts

mel35

It seems that there is a lot of confusion in regards to washouts and points this season.
From my understanding no washouts will be replayed except for: all A grade, MPL 1st and Res, MDiv1 1sts and Res and WPL games.
For all other games the following applies: If a game in your grade/ div is a washout then all games for that grade /div for that round is declared a washout regardless of any other games that may have been played
Points for washouts are allocated as follows 3 points to each team and 2 goals, the team that has the bye recieve 0 points and 0 goals.
Hope this helps
Cheers Mel

scottmac

Suspended
mel35 said:
It seems that there is a lot of confusion in regards to washouts and points this season.
From my understanding no washouts will be replayed except for: all A grade, MPL 1st and Res, MDiv1 1sts and Res and WPL games.
For all other games the following applies: If a game in your grade/ div is a washout then all games for that grade /div for that round is declared a washout regardless of any other games that may have been played
Points for washouts are allocated as follows 3 points to each team and 2 goals, the team that has the bye recieve 0 points and 0 goals.
Hope this helps
Cheers Mel

How the bloody hell does that work?

You have a washout and all teams get points except for the team with bye? Completely not fair IMO because if the games were played only half of those points would have been handed out and it puts the bye team at a major disadvantage.

Kareem

well spotted scottmac
Simply put it should be 1 point for a washout
it is technically possible (and occasionally happens) for a round to have all teams draw (in a small league say 10 or less)
It's impossible for all teams to win, so it really does suck for the team with the bye
If this is the wayCCF is doing it...the system is well and truly flawed!
NB: None of my comps has a bye....so i have no gain/loss from this crazy process

Gibbsy

Yes very unfair. As you say it is physically impossible for all teams to get 3 points in a round. The Bye team is seriously disadvantage. You either give everyone 1 point or everyone no points.. not 3. CCF stupid

hasbeen

I believe 3 points was chosen to discourage teams from not turning up if they already knew their round was a washout. My method would be
1 point for washouts, 0 points if you have a bye, and minus 2 points for a forfeit on a washout. No changes to goal diffs. 

Kareem

hasbeen said:
I believe 3 points was chosen to discourage teams from not turning up if they already knew their round was a washout. My method would be
1 point for washouts, 0 points if you have a bye, and minus 2 points for a forfeit on a washout. No changes to goal diffs. 
100% agree! (what's wrong with the world :p)

To Gibbsy- 0 points would then give an advantage to the BYE team (because its the opposite extreme- as its impossible for all teams to lose)

scottmac

Suspended
hasbeen said:

What kind of logic is that?

You know your round is a washout and you want them to turn up anyway? If the council states that the ground is unplayable, you can not play, which means you do not need to turn up. Having a rule that teams must turn up to a washout ground is bizzare.

dibo

it's about a washout round where you have friendlies. the task is to balance out the need to offer as many games as possible to players with the need to not let weather and the state of some grounds affect the competition standings.

that is to say, for the sake of providing value to players you want all possible games to be played but you don't want the fact that one ground is almost always open and another almost always clsoed to advantage or disadvantage any team in the standings.

hasbeen

scottmac said:
hasbeen said:

What kind of logic is that?

You know your round is a washout and you want them to turn up anyway? If the council states that the ground is unplayable, you can not play, which means you do not need to turn up. Having a rule that teams must turn up to a washout ground is bizzare.

I think you misunderstood me slightly here. If your ground is open but the others are closed, you must turn up to play. Of course you don't turn up to a closed ground ...

Bear

its still f**king shit, and ccf wont get a single $ out of me after this season is done until its fixed, and i know there are a LOT of other players who will be doing the same

(i am also aware that a rep from each club had to vote for this to pass, to those people, you are f**ked, how is this a good idea to help advance the game on the cc?)

dibo

my association doesn't do this, but my association isn't perfect either. if people don't like this solution, instead of going "this is f**ked", it would be better if they proposed an alternative to replace it. bear in mind the alternative's not going to be perfect either.

in my experience, football admin is the classic place for 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' decisions - there are plenty of people who can be relied upon to rise up and condemn but precious few who are willing to sit down and nut out a solution that is fair and reasonable for everyone.

mel35

Wilsons said:
KDSA does! No replays of washouts for them either!!
Well thats hardly a solution!!!  I'm sure I could find associations in Sydney that do reschedule as many washouts as possible, but it doesn't change the fact that there are many disgruntled players and parents out there!

Last years problem was the workload for club fixtures officers was just too much. Maybe CCF could look at emailing rescheduled games directly to team managers. Or clubs could look at having a fixtures assistant for each age group.......yes I know some clubs allready struggle to fill committee positions, if you let the parents/ players know that if no-one volunteers that age group will have to forfeit any rescheduled games, I'm sure someone will put their hand up

hasbeen

Bear said:
its still f**king shit, and ccf wont get a single $ out of me after this season is done until its fixed, and i know there are a LOT of other players who will be doing the same

(i am also aware that a rep from each club had to vote for this to pass, to those people, you are f**ked, how is this a good idea to help advance the game on the cc?)

Instead of pointing the finger and calling out those people who do work for the Clubs (as opposed to the majority who think paying their rego, turning up and playing is their 'commitment'), why don't you get involved and try and be part of the solution? Do you know your committee members at your Club? Especially the fixtures officer? Do you understand how much work (and grief) they went through last season?
Do you know who your CCF Delegate is and how to voice your concerns through him / her to the CCF? Or do you just sit back and wait for the weekend and hope you've got a game?   

Bear

So because I dont know my fixtures officer, committee member or club delegate, im not allowed to be upset that I have paid a shit load of cash for f**k all football?

So according to you, the only way your allowed to have an opinion on anything to do with CCF is if your involved with CCF?

Wow, CCF is going to have about half the registered players and all their parents/partners putting their hand up next year, happy days for them hey.

hasbeen

Bear said:
So because I dont know my fixtures officer, committee member or club delegate, im not allowed to be upset that I have paid a shit load of cash for f**k all football?

So according to you, the only way your allowed to have an opinion on anything to do with CCF is if your involved with CCF?

Wow, CCF is going to have about half the registered players and all their parents/partners putting their hand up next year, happy days for them hey.

Spoken like a true member of the majority I mentioned earlier ... pay your fees and expect everything to fall into place ... bet you're a real valuable member of your Club as well hey? Help out at the Oval each week, coach juniors, fundraise ...

Bear

So its wrong to pay $300 odd dollars and expect to play football?

And now, not only am I not allowed an opinion on the way things are run because i dont know my club officials, im now being talked down to by a total stranger because i dont raise money for my club or coach. Im assuming you do some of the above things?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred