• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Washouts

Paolo

Bear said:
So its wrong to pay $300 odd dollars and expect to play football?

And now, not only am I not allowed an opinion on the way things are run because i dont know my club officials, im now being talked down to by a total stranger because i dont raise money for my club or coach. Im assuming you do some of the above things?
Shhhh, hasbeen knows all from up on his high horse

Chimmi

hasbeen said:
Bear said:
So because I dont know my fixtures officer, committee member or club delegate, im not allowed to be upset that I have paid a shit load of cash for f**k all football?

So according to you, the only way your allowed to have an opinion on anything to do with CCF is if your involved with CCF?

Wow, CCF is going to have about half the registered players and all their parents/partners putting their hand up next year, happy days for them hey.

Spoken like a true member of the majority I mentioned earlier ... pay your fees and expect everything to fall into place ... bet you're a real valuable member of your Club as well hey? Help out at the Oval each week, coach juniors, fundraise ...

Maybe I am also in the "majority" - but having those club members organise and do whatever else they do (which I agree, is important work) is exactly why I pay so much in fees. We pay, therefore we play ... otherwise what the hell am I spending my money on?

Otherwise i'd just have a weekly kick around somewhere - at least then there would be no washouts

Bear

Chimmi said:
Maybe I am also in the "majority" - but having those club members organise and do whatever else they do (which I agree, is important work) is exactly why I pay so much in fees. We pay, therefore we play ... otherwise what the hell am I spending my money on?

This

hasbeen

Chimmi said:
hasbeen said:
Bear said:
So because I dont know my fixtures officer, committee member or club delegate, im not allowed to be upset that I have paid a shit load of cash for f**k all football?

So according to you, the only way your allowed to have an opinion on anything to do with CCF is if your involved with CCF?

Wow, CCF is going to have about half the registered players and all their parents/partners putting their hand up next year, happy days for them hey.

Spoken like a true member of the majority I mentioned earlier ... pay your fees and expect everything to fall into place ... bet you're a real valuable member of your Club as well hey? Help out at the Oval each week, coach juniors, fundraise ...

Otherwise i'd just have a weekly kick around somewhere - at least then there would be no washouts

Do some digging. I doubt your Club Officials get paid. Clubs pay a certain amount to the CCF and then add some for ground / lights, gear, trophies etc ... As for Bear paying over $300, your Club must be having a lend of you, I play Seniors at my Club and it's only $250. And Paolo, you assume rightly that I do those 'Club' things I mentioned, otherwise I'd be a right hypocrite wouldn't I (sitting up here on my high horse) ...

scottmac

Suspended
hasbeen said:
Bear said:
I said $300 odd, not over $300, fwiw

Now I am confused ... what does $300 odd mean if not 'over $300' ..?

it means around about 300. not over 300. fwiw i paid 290 and have only had 1 game cancelled in 4 weeks of washouts. It must be a CC thing.

dibo

I paid $405 (which includes all referees fees, I should note) and I've missed 3 games on the trot up til last week. We get a bunch of double-headers, but if we get any more washouts we'll probably start to lose games.

I don't and won't blame the association though, it's not like they control the bloody weather. The games that can be played all get played, and frankly while we do reschedule games it's a source of plenty of discontent every time as people whinge and bitch about the times and places of games. The number of teams that forfeit their second games unexpectedly and players that whine and bitch is unbelievable. The office gets abusive phone calls for having the temerity to organise double headers.

I don't think there'd actually be any more discontent had a a CCF-style rule been set up at the start of the season because after all, it was a rule from the start before players registered. You register directly with a club, not the association. It's not like this was spring on people - it's up to clubs to communicate these things after they've voted them in.

The rule is still set up in a way that all the games that are possible to play still get played (so it's at least as good as an informal kickaround). You get as many games per dollar as you can possibly get so bugger the value for money argument.

If people don't like the rule, they should propose an alternative. Idle whinging changes absolutely nothing.

bjw

bjw
People shouldn't lose site of the fact that CCF don't control the weather, and that if you decide to sign up to a club and spend $200-$300 then you can't expect to play every game rain-hail or shine. It's basically a financial risk, you've missed what, 4 or 5 rounds in a row due to rain and they can't possibly be replayed because the clubs only have precedence over the ovals until a certain date and then other sports take over and the world keeps spinning.

J

jiggles

Its not so much that. Its more the fact that some grades (MAA7 or whatever) will get replayed. Whereas, others don't. Its mostly about consistency.

Bear

MAA7 have now played 3 times on weekends where our grade have not had any game scheduled, reason is that they have more teams in their grade so have to play more games

Soooooooo why could games that were rained out for other grades not be played on these same weekends as make up games?

Not only do they also get more games than all the other divisions due to teams in the comp (good planning that), they also play when the others dont

How in any ways at all, is this fair to everyone else, who have paid the same amount of cash to "play"?

Bear

scottmac said:
hasbeen said:
Bear said:
I said $300 odd, not over $300, fwiw
Now I am confused ... what does $300 odd mean if not 'over $300' ..?
it means around about 300. not over 300. fwiw i paid 290 and have only had 1 game cancelled in 4 weeks of washouts. It must be a CC thing.

Glad someone had half a brain to figure that one out

hasbeen

poko said:
Its not so much that. Its more the fact that some grades (MAA7 or whatever) will get replayed. Whereas, others don't. Its mostly about consistency.

MAA7 games were normal scheduled games not replays. MAA7 has 12 teams which means 22 rounds. Compare that with 35ES (my comp) which has 9 teams, so only 16 rounds, and 3 of them have been washed out already.
The only teams getting replays are A grade, PL and Div1.
Most teams have had 3 weekends washed out, which could be anywhere from 2 to 5 games lost. I'm sure the CCF will throw this back to the Clubs for next season and a better system incorporated. Just bad luck this year.

On a lighter note ... take a look at the W12C division. Only five teams, which means you either make the playoffs or get the wooden spoon ... ! 

Ted

poko said:
What was Kanes double header then?

Same as mine, our scheduled draw. 12 teams = 22 rounds including one that was a midweek round at Pluim (although this was washed out and not played)

Sacko

No the CCF can't do anything about the rain, BUT:
They should have notified all players BEFORE they any cash was paid that the rules pertaining to washed out games have changed
They can use free weekends such the coming weekend to reschedule partly washed out rounds and replay washed out rounds and why are there 2 weekends during the season (in addition to Easter) when there are no games scheduled for MAA if washed out games / rounds are not going to be scheduled?

starfish

Sacko said:
No the CCF can't do anything about the rain, BUT:
They should have notified all players BEFORE they any cash was paid that the rules pertaining to washed out games have changed
They can use free weekends such the coming weekend to reschedule partly washed out rounds and replay washed out rounds and why are there 2 weekends during the season (in addition to Easter) when there are no games scheduled for MAA if washed out games / rounds are not going to be scheduled?

They did notify all the players before the season started - every club was aware of it and that was what they voted for. In fact the reform of the competition structure was probably the major issue that the board got elected on and there was no secret about what was going to happen. The regulations are also on the new CCF website - something that was pushed for by all those who didn't like being told to ask your club delegates about anything.

If you don't like it - vote out your club delegates who supported it and get them to elect someone to the CCF Board with a different option. Otherwise put up and shut up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred