• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Usain Bolt!

Antlion

More specifically:
Meanwhile Gallop revealed that if the Mariners offer a contract to the former Jamaican sprinter then the governing body will provide financial assistance.

“We’ve always said if it moves to a contract stage then we will certainly be interested into how we can help financially,” Gallop said.

"We see it as a bit of a delineation between the marquee fund which you have seen us use for (Keisuke) Honda and (Sam) Kerr - players who could play anywhere in the world but have chosen Australia and therefore we're committed there in a true marquee player sense.

“We would probably see this as a different arrangement and one that we would have to talk to broadcasters and sponsors about and see what could be done to assist the Mariners financially."
https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/mariners-want-bolt-ffa-prepared-to-make-it-happen-514010

pjennings

I still reckon we tell him give it till the next window. January will be 6 months of training FT. He's got a wad of coin in his pocket already.

If he wants to go now let him. We should not be pressured into moving for him unless he can prove himself at least at the level of a squaddie. If that is January fine, if it is next season fine, if it is never that is fine too.

Offsider

What I find perplexing:unsure: .......... somebody posted a throw away line earlier, but I am too lazy to go back and find it .........
that he (Bolt) was already better than arsedribble.:popcorn:
and after thinking about it ........... if you had one place left in your team ........... who would you pick????
arsedribble :vomit:or Bolt :wub:

Eh????............. so signing him now is not that out of the question is it ???

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

What I find perplexing:unsure: .......... somebody posted a throw away line earlier, but I am too lazy to go back and find it .........
and after thinking about it ........... if you had one place left in your team ........... who would you pick????

Eh????............. so signing him now is not that out of the question is it ???
That was me.
And look at it this way, if Asdrubal and Bolt both took 1 shot at goal for every dot you have in your post, I'd back Bolt to score more any day of the week.

Asdrubal was our answer to Mario Jardel.

Being dead honest, I'd take Bolt over Asdrubal any day of the week. Like, I'm seriously not being funny here. I wouldn't even need to hesitate on that decision.

Heck, if nothing else, at least Bolt plays with some f**king pride.

Wombat

Whoever posted that is an idiot.

Whoops.....I should have read more posts as someone admitted it.

Do I think it's a stupid comment.........yes, it's so dumb.

Do I understand the thinking behind it..........yes and it's a credit to Bolt that people with a reasonable grasp of the game can rate him above a seasoned professional.

Last edited:

Wombat

Ray Gatt reporting Bolt has knocked back Valetta. Staying to fight for contract here.

As I said to Middy. Malta only has 1 team. Valletta.....I think Leeds once beat them 10.0. They have a non existent league.
Lovely place for a holiday but not to play Football.....just a shithouse journalist as usual I think.

EDIT. Leeds only beat Valetta FC 7.0 over 2 legs of the UEFA Cup back when i was a kid. So they are better than i remembered.
They beat Lyn Oslo 10.0 (norway) and Spora from Luxembourg 9.0

Last edited:

MagpieMariner

That was me.
And look at it this way, if Asdrubal and Bolt both took 1 shot at goal for every dot you have in your post, I'd back Bolt to score more any day of the week.

Asdrubal was our answer to Mario Jardel.

Being dead honest, I'd take Bolt over Asdrubal any day of the week. Like, I'm seriously not being funny here. I wouldn't even need to hesitate on that decision.

Heck, if nothing else, at least Bolt plays with some f**king pride.
At least Bolt kicked his goals, not let the ball bounce off him.

Timmah

OLYMPIC champion Usain Bolt will have to decide how much he wants to be a footballer after the Central Coast Mariners tabled a low-key offer for him to sign a professional deal.

It’s understood that the contract does not involve a financial contribution from Football Federation Australia’s marquee fund, and is only a fraction of the $3 million that Bolt’s management had discussed months ago when the prospect of an Australian trial was first mooted.

Tabled on the back of an offer to Bolt from Maltese side Valetta in the past few days, the Mariners deal will test his resolve to become a footballer, and comes after FFA discussed a marketing agreement with Bolt based on promotional work for the A-League.

HIT LIST: TOP 50 A-LEAGUE PLAYERS

But it remains to be seen how the prospect of Bolt joining the Mariners’ squad full time plays out with the rest of the team, after coach Mike Mulvey claimed to have no knowledge of it in the wake of his side’s 1-1 draw with Brisbane in its opening game of the season.

The original deal that was put together in May – on the premise of Bolt passing a trial first – came in at around $3 million, based on FFA contributing $750,000 and other sponsors also topping it up.

Mariners owner Mike Charlesworth had initially pledged $1.5 million towards an overall figure acceptable to Bolt, but it’s thought the deal offered to the sprinter this week is around 10 per cent of that.

The decision to offer Bolt a contract represents a substantial acceleration of the Mariners’ timetable spelled out just weeks ago by Mulvey, who said the 32-year-old’s “open-ended trial” should not be judged a success or failure until at least January.

The player himself had concurred, telling The Daily Telegraph: “I’ve said that, that maybe in four months I’ll be at a level. That’s what I give myself, four solid months of training and working, getting games here and there, getting 20 minutes or half an hour.”

Usain Bolt has been offered a contract by the Mariners.
But on Sunday Mulvey queried how Bolt could expect game time after watching his team match Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium to earn a first-round point.

“We don’t talk about speculation – I don’t know anything about that,” Mulvey said.

“That’s a few pay grades above my level.”

When pressed, Mulvey expressed doubt about Bolt’s ability to play in his team.

“I do appreciate how important this story is for the rest of the world, but you have a look at our front line today and you wonder whether he’s get into any of those positions, wouldn’t you?” Mulvey said.

“I don’t know anything that you’re talking about, and that’s the God’s honest truth.”

Mulvey was disappointed his side could not hold on to the fourth-minute lead they had through Connor Pain, but was pleased with the Mariners’ effort.

“A draw in the end was probably the right result but when you go in front, you look at it and say ‘we could have held on to that’, but we had our chances, they had their chances … but overall I can’t complain,” he said.

“We did ride our luck and Brisbane Roar are a good side, so we’ll take a point.

“I want to win, but I cannot fault my players today, I thought they were fantastic. We really dug deep when we needed to.

“It’s the first game of the season. We will improve, we’ll get better and not many teams will come to Brisbane and take points off them I’m sure, because they’re a good side.”

Via the Tele: https://outline.com/8WupkZ

Offsider

Bolt may not be ready ??? .............. but I did not see a lot of difference from Bolt’s contribution, efforts, etc to what Athiu put in for victory against city at the weekend.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: and ............. he could have contributed better heading skills (being taller) than simon meeting the clearances from kennedy.

It is on record in this forum that simon provided a lot of mongrel against brisbane ????. What was needed was a better footballer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb