• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Usain Bolt!

Offsider

MagpieMariner

If the defence concentrates on Bolt then Big Ross, Matty, WeeMac and others will get a shipload of goals. If the defence ignores him, he'll get a few.
That is, of course, if Bolt plays.

Reactions: adz

pjennings

Central Coast Mariners in race to sign Usain Bolt in the face of offer from European club
Emma Kemp, The Daily Telegraph
22 minutes ago

CENTRAL Coast may have to move fast if they are to sign Usain Bolt, with revelations a southern European club has come in with a no-strings-attached offer for the Jamaican football aspirant.

The Daily Telegraph understands Bolt has been made a formal two-year offer to join a top-flight frontrunner and even play in the team’s upcoming cup final.

The club has recently been acquired by ambitious investors with aspirations of qualifying for the group stages of the European Champions League.

It’s understood the in-writing approach, which comes with attached commercial incentives, was made over the weekend after Bolt scored a brace in Friday night’s full Mariners debut against a Macarthur South West United team of NPL talent.

af0f167d94150e95d244c2b3928e5103

Bolt could be tempted in another direction. (Peter Parks / AFP)
MORE NEWS

BIG NAMES: Torres and Ibra headline A-League wish list

Unlike his past attempts to make it as a professional, and indeed his current “indefinite training period” at the Mariners, this deal would not require a trial.

It throws into sharp relief the 32-year-old’s situation at the Mariners, as the A-League club awaits confirmation from Football Federation Australia on how much and in what manner it is willing to contribute to a prospective $3 million A-League contract.

Bolt’s maiden goal, an impressive finish despite his overall elementary display, quickly went viral and was viewed more than six million times on Central Coast’s Twitter account.

Since arriving in Gosford two months ago the Mariners have reached a global audience of more than 500 million people courtesy of the world’s fastest man, bringing the A-League an unprecedented level of pre-season exposure.

After Friday’s game, Mariners coach Mike Mulvey praised Bolt’s hard work and improvement but reiterated his footballing attributes could not be properly judge until January.

227dbe50a0330792d240cca0ac3355d5

The former sprint star is winning people over with his commitment. (Matt King/Getty Images)
However it’s believed the spike in attention, along with Bolt’s desire for clarification over his future at the club, has brought forward negotiations.

As previously reported by The Telegraph, Mariners owner Mike Charlesworth is willing to front up a large chunk of any contract but is hoping FFA tip in the remaining sum.

The key now is the governing body, who acknowledged the effervescent sprint star’s powerful marketing power but emphasised the ultimate responsibility lay with Central Coast.

“The ball’s still in the Mariners’ and Usain’s court,” FFA chief executive David Gallop said.

“It was great to see him do well last Friday night. He’s worked hard over the last few months and that’s great credit to him and the Mariners’ staff.

“Whether they’re ready to take that next step and sign a contract is still very much their call. “Having said that, we’ve indicated in the past that if they do take that step we will look to see how we can feasibly help them financially.”

Progress: 0%
e47ea489eaf1d143519a8e652b64d104

c6d6b8f71513e981e6da62e2332e1633

Usain Bolt unimpressed by drug test
Gallop said any contribution would “not necessarily (come from) the marque fund”.

“But I think there would still be sponsorship and broadcaster interest we would need to discuss,” he said.

“More likely an ad hoc arrangement. We wouldn’t mistake it with the marquee player fund.

“There’s a delineation between proven footballers being enticed to play in the A-League or W-League when they could play anywhere in the world, as opposed to someone who’s a world champion in another sport trying to great into the professional football ranks in Australia.

“The metrics would be a reason why an ad hoc arrangement is something we’d have to look seriously at.”

07d194ef2bcba1e208b67aea1c60eb5c

Bolt’s erstwhile Mariners teammates don’t want him to leave yet. (AAP Image/Dan Himbrechts)
Bolt’s venture into the round-ball game has polarised opinion, with detractors aplenty but Matildas superstar Sam Kerr among his many supporters.

New Mariners teammate Tommy Oar felt his was not a case of measuring a players’ worth purely on footballing merits.

“He’s an exception to the rule,” Oar said.

“If you look at the amount of excitement he’s created in the country since he’s been here, the amount of attention he’s given to the league, and the fact that he’s working so hard and there for all the right reasons, I just don’t see how you can see it in a negative way.

“If it was the other way around and he was here just for a last pay cheque or something, but that’s not the case.

“He’s one of the first at training and he’s training harder than anyone, it’s like he’s got a point to prove.

“In the two weeks I’ve been there I’ve seen such a big improvement in his football.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...b/news-story/75835faba9ac00600715e8dee2f7f764

Ancient Mariner

I find it amusing that whenever there is procrastination over a deal, whether in football or real estate, an agent always comes with news of a third party being interested.

Reactions: adz

Tevor

I heard the offer was from either Romania or Hungary, he may prefer his Terrigal pad over both of those. There is a Mariners in every country so not surprised if the offer is legitimate, our coverage has been impressive and others may want to also try and cash in. I'm sure Bolt will make a decision in his best interests, that is from a training perspective and not just a contract.

adz

Staff member
He might be better off sticking around and training up as he has been, keep improving and see if he gets a January contract. That way he gets to play football and in an environment I assume he is comfortable in and enjoys, for the money he wants. If he doesn't signed, there will be other options for him then. I don't think this would be purely a money based decision otherwise he would have been off already.

localpom

It's quite simple i think, if he wants to play a year or two as a pro footballer he is far better off staying here. I think he will. He has been making progress, is getting massive exposure, looks like he likes it here....definitely he is is comfortable in this country. Also, seems to have made some friendships within the team. That and also there is no language issue here. The only reasons he would possibly go are for cold hard cash(which i don't think is a motivator for him in this case) or that he doesn't feel he will make it here (which i also don't believe).

Offsider

Another genius use of the Bolt circus ( I said effectionately)
Putting your club on the world map with an offer, genuine or not, will be seen for what it is. Idiotic to say the least in terms of Usain leading their line in champions league.
Having said that .......... it would suit both parties to have him in the side if they didn’t think they would progress anyway. Think of the gate and tv income from that one. The down side of course would be the termination of the Bolt dream.

Insertnamehere

Another genius use of the Bolt circus ( I said effectionately)
Putting your club on the world map with an offer, genuine or not, will be seen for what it is. Idiotic to say the least in terms of Usain leading their line in champions league.
Having said that .......... it would suit both parties to have him in the side if they didn’t think they would progress anyway. Think of the gate and tv income from that one. The down side of course would be the termination of the Bolt dream.
Leading their CL line... They just got dumped out I believe.... Classic stitch up.
Worse still I think Saudis own the club now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred