• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Usain Bolt!

style_cafe

I`ve said before he should be playing at right back.
It would be far easier for him to learn to defend rather than attack.
Teach him to use his head & at 6`5 he could be pushed up for corners or stuck in the middle of the box when defending corners.
If this is a serious attempt he needs to play to his strengths not to his fantasies of glory in scoring goals.
Be realistic....:popcorn:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

i can't see Bolt as a back. Without being able to read the game and the opponents you'll get torn to shreds, even more than up front. And with our structure, we can't afford a weak back.

Anyway, real interesting that he isn't even a sub against SFC tonight. Is it that Bolt isn't even close to being up to the standard, and they're happy to use him for marketing and a kickaround against an NPL side, but perhaps this game is a bit more serious and he just isn't up to that?
Or is MM resting him so he can have a proper go tomorrow?

Coastalraider

i can't see Bolt as a back. Without being able to read the game and the opponents you'll get torn to shreds, even more than up front. And with our structure, we can't afford a weak back.

Anyway, real interesting that he isn't even a sub against SFC tonight. Is it that Bolt isn't even close to being up to the standard, and they're happy to use him for marketing and a kickaround against an NPL side, but perhaps this game is a bit more serious and he just isn't up to that?
Or is MM resting him so he can have a proper go tomorrow?
That seemed to be another 50/50 lineup. There were a lot of names missing from that squad, likely to be saved for tomorrow.

I don’t know if we have had our expected full squad on field together yet??

Wombat

Pathetic line up and pathetic bench. Gave us no chance against Bling.

Adelaide in the FFA cup again......same MO same result.

yellowcake

SBS Late News' story on the Macarthur South West game concluded stating "Bolt's future with the Mariners will be decided before the start of the A-League next weekend".

I hadn't heard of a firm deadline being set for this week.
While I'll not argue that he's not a starting 11 player, I'm not sure i'm ready for his journey with us to finish either.

Offsider

And so the Bolt sideshow continues ............ the only difference between when it was announced and now is that I’m now on board.:thumbup::thumbup:
The huge jamaican partying disco queen has turned out to be a quality humble gentleman and roll model for the community dedicated to his sporting dreams.
It is still a sideshow to the aleague but being very well managed by the club. I have to admit I cheered when he scored and feel that the goal has given this whole exercise creditability with enormous cudos to the club and coaches ............ world wide.
I hope the schedule keeps on till january, it is a great ride and from the crowd there last night the kids are lapping it up.
Well done ccm.:shoutclap::shoutclap:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
it was pointed out to me ( by my boy the highly technical EPL snob) that bolts goals were due to keeper f**kups ...but ain’t a good percentage of goals keeper f**kups...the first goal was a damn good goal for a bloke whose been playing for 20 minutes...the second was no worse a cluster than that goal mcbreen scored at WSW when their keeper vanished into thin air....basically who fkn cares how he scored em as long as he scored em

Insertnamehere

it was pointed out to me ( by my boy the highly technical EPL snob) that bolts goals were due to keeper f**kups ...but ain’t a good percentage of goals keeper f**kups...the first goal was a damn good goal for a bloke whose been playing for 20 minutes...the second was no worse a cluster than that goal mcbreen scored at WSW when their keeper vanished into thin air....basically who fkn cares how he scored em as long as he scored em
Especially in the HAL.... Oh and when Karius is on the paddock for anyone evidently (Liverpool ex goalie for those don't know)

MagpieMariner

I only saw the highlights, so I can only comment on those. His first goal, he was making a run (how many of our "attackers" did that last year?) which was honoured by (I thought someone said) Big Ross. He then controlled it while holding off a defender then smacked it in. I thought he did bloody well. A more experienced player probably would have made it look a lot easier, but some of our more experienced players last year would have made cocking it up look a lot easier too.
The second undoubtedly was a defending cockup, but the important thing to me was Bolt (and another) was on the spot to capitalise, and who's to say that the cockup wasn't caused because he was on the spot.
I also liked the header which just missed in the first half.
Do I think he will make a first-team starter? No, not really, although I'd love it if he did. But I do think he's just as good for us as Assdribble was, as well as being twice the size.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Bolts instagram post of him scoring the first goal has almost 2.7 million views. That's what he brings compared other players
I noticed that a few posts about this really took off on reddit. Interesting that the ones ones talking about Bolt being bad/laughing stock etc are the aussies. Seems to have fair respect from everyone else.

Which highlights just what stupid bullshit the 'laughing stock of the league' crap is.

BrisRecky

Jqsnpl.png

Big Al

Interesting meeting coming up.

Usain you’re not good enough

Yeah I know but i put bums on seats, sell sponsorship and get you millions of social media clicks. Good luck saying no.

Mulvey will be saying he isn’t good enough Charlesworth saying i write the cheques

BrisRecky

Let’s see if he can trick defenders consistently for a season or so in the youth league before he even looks like him getting a run on at BT proper

yellowcake

I noticed that a few posts about this really took off on reddit. Interesting that the ones ones talking about Bolt being bad/laughing stock etc are the aussies. Seems to have fair respect from everyone else.

Which highlights just what stupid bullshit the 'laughing stock of the league' crap is.
Right from the start it's been almost universally critical Australian media and vitriolic Australian non-Mariners (and of course a few Mariners) "football" fans.

Look - he may not achieve or deserve the ($50K footballer + $2.95M publicity) professional contract here. I actually believe he will realise his dream and be a professional footballer in a league somewhere, but also that his time on the Central Coast will be by far his most valuable part of the journey.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Let’s see if he can trick defenders consistently for a season or so in the youth league before he even looks like him getting a run on at BT proper
Trick? Why? Just use his height, speed and build.
If we can get him to effectively head a cross, standing and at pace, then IMO that will be more than enough and he could manage a good few goals that way. If he ends up a one trick pony, that's fine with me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred