• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Usain Bolt!

Insertnamehere

Explain.

Faking the boot and crutches? Oi

I'm not his biggest fan. Newcastle people have an inherent cockhead nature.........and he has it. But he is a decent player.
Well a moon boot shouldnt confine him to bed. He certainly could doing low impact training or using ergometers. He wouldnt be getting on the pitch for 90 minutes until much closer to game 1 so his minutes could be all out.
Also I was responding to ozhammers comment more so about his presence rather than his condition. Maybe ive misinterpreted what he's written.
The other side that his attitude inclusive of his work rate has never impressed me so I'm biased against him.

Pirate Pete

Mariners to judge Bolt in January: Mulvey
27 September 2018 — 12:55pm
Central Coast coach Mike Mulvey says January will be the time to assess the progress of Usain Bolt, who's set to have his next pre-season hit-out for the Mariners on October 12.

The Jamaican sprint champion, who's striving to earn a contract with the A-League club, has been earmarked to potentially play against Macarthur South West United at Campbelltown Sports Stadium next month.

72f316cf1a04c3410acddc3fe7b8307f1efcfa85

Progress: Usain Bolt during his first appearance last month.

Photo: AP
“Usain is progressing and that’s the main thing. From the outset, we said he needed time, we said we would give him 12 months if need be," Mulvey said.

"A reasonable assumption would be that around January we should be judging where he’s at. We’re going to be ramping up our individual sessions with him over the next few weeks, so he will be given every opportunity."

Bolt has made one appearance for the Mariners so far, coming off the bench in the second half of a pre-season match against a Gold Coast Select team last month.

The 32-year-old, who has mixed training with the Mariners with a recent promotional tour to France with one of his sponsors, feels like he is on track in his bid to earn a contract with the A-League outfit.

"I'm definitely excited and if I get to start it will be a big thing for me," Bolt said. “It would show that the work that I’ve been putting in is really paying off and the coach has confidence in me – so that would be a big step for me.

"Playing 45 minutes for me was good, in the last 10 minutes I started to get tired but I pushed through and that’s because of training.

“I feel like I’m improving. My touch is getting better, I’ve got a while to go but with more training and more dedication to my craft I will be fine."

Insertnamehere

Mariners to judge Bolt in January: Mulvey
27 September 2018 — 12:55pm
Central Coast coach Mike Mulvey says January will be the time to assess the progress of Usain Bolt, who's set to have his next pre-season hit-out for the Mariners on October 12.

The Jamaican sprint champion, who's striving to earn a contract with the A-League club, has been earmarked to potentially play against Macarthur South West United at Campbelltown Sports Stadium next month.

72f316cf1a04c3410acddc3fe7b8307f1efcfa85

Progress: Usain Bolt during his first appearance last month.

Photo: AP
“Usain is progressing and that’s the main thing. From the outset, we said he needed time, we said we would give him 12 months if need be," Mulvey said.

"A reasonable assumption would be that around January we should be judging where he’s at. We’re going to be ramping up our individual sessions with him over the next few weeks, so he will be given every opportunity."

Bolt has made one appearance for the Mariners so far, coming off the bench in the second half of a pre-season match against a Gold Coast Select team last month.

The 32-year-old, who has mixed training with the Mariners with a recent promotional tour to France with one of his sponsors, feels like he is on track in his bid to earn a contract with the A-League outfit.

"I'm definitely excited and if I get to start it will be a big thing for me," Bolt said. “It would show that the work that I’ve been putting in is really paying off and the coach has confidence in me – so that would be a big step for me.

"Playing 45 minutes for me was good, in the last 10 minutes I started to get tired but I pushed through and that’s because of training.

“I feel like I’m improving. My touch is getting better, I’ve got a while to go but with more training and more dedication to my craft I will be fine."
Against a gold coast select team?? Basic journalism skills. Spelling, grammar and correct content.

pjennings

I listened to the pod. He is saying that Fox gave the money for a purpose. He certainly recognised the marketing potential.Reading between the lines I think he wants Fox to come to the party with another pot.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

On the FOX football podcast Greg O'Rouke said that the FFA will not financially support CCM for Usain Bolt.
Really interesting episode.. Not only hearing what really went wrong with the var at the gf, but also how the marquee fund really works (FFA picks players and invite the club to have a go. Imo under that system, ccm will never have a chance)

Capt. Awesome

Really interesting episode.. Not only hearing what really went wrong with the var at the gf, but also how the marquee fund really works (FFA picks players and invite the club to have a go. Imo under that system, ccm will never have a chance)
But if you listen carefully he hints that they may fund Bolt outside of the Marquee fund. Says something along the lines of "People think we can have football marquees OR players like Bolt - I say why can't we have both?". He just said the marquee fund won't be used for Bolt but hinted they may find it anyway.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I think he was saying the opposite. He was talking about how people try to say the FFA should fund both Honda and Bolt, and that's not how it works.

pjennings

But if you listen carefully he hints that they may fund Bolt outside of the Marquee fund. Says something along the lines of "People think we can have football marquees OR players like Bolt - I say why can't we have both?". He just said the marquee fund won't be used for Bolt but hinted they may find it anyway.

They or Fox Sports.

Insertnamehere

Bolt money from FFA was always coming from their marketing budget. It was said early in the piece.

Big Al

My take was Bolt doesn’t fit criteria for Marquee fund so FFA won’t use it.

However the social media hits of bolt were 2x more than both Cahill 1st goal and McGrees scorpion. Was basically saying that’s marketing not marquee.

Also interpreted it as they can be done separately.

Also earlier in the pod he says we have some money left for January signings.

No matter your opinion you couldn’t argue with the exposure from Bolt

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred