• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Usain Bolt!

Big Al

So they lied to the Gong bogans about Bolt playing tonight.
They just gave them hope not certainty.
Like he’s on the bus but not why.

But pretty evident it’s all about next week.

FFA saying Bolt doesn’t meet the metrics set for the marquee fund set by fox yet fox are now coughing up for a second preseason game?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

They just gave them hope not certainty.
Like he’s on the bus but not why.

But pretty evident it’s all about next week.

FFA saying Bolt doesn’t meet the metrics set for the marquee fund set by fox yet fox are now coughing up for a second preseason game?
What are they coughing up? The expense of screening it, but they figure that'll pay for itself. And those are rights they've already bought anyway.

sydmariner

Fox Sports to show Bolt's Mariners hit-out next Friday

Usain Bolt is set to make another appearance for the Central Coast Mariners next week, with Fox Sports confirming on Friday they will show the match live.

Mariners boss Mike Mulvey has earmarked his side’s clash with Macarthur South West United next Friday night as a likely hit-out for the Jamaican triallist.

The match will be played at Campbelltown Sports Ground and kicks off at 7.30pm.

SIGNING NEWS: Petratos a Jet until 2022
TOP 10: The key signings for your Hyundai A-League club
READ: Deng and Risdon named in Caltex Socceroos squad for Kuwait friendly

Tickets have already gone on sale for the game but if you can’t get to the ground you can see the eight-time Olympic gold medallist in action live on Fox Sports channel 503.

“I’m definitely excited and if I get to start it will be a big thing for me,” Bolt said.

“It would show that the work that I’ve been putting in is really paying off and the coach has confidence in me – so that would be a big step for me.”

Mulvey added: “Usain is progressing and that’s the main thing.

“From the outset, we said he needed time, we said we would give him 12 months if need be. A reasonable assumption would be that around January we should be judging where he’s at.

“We’re going to be ramping up our individual sessions with him over the next few weeks, so he will be given every opportunity.”

For full details, head to the Central Coast Mariners website.

Big Al

What are they coughing up? The expense of screening it, but they figure that'll pay for itself. And those are rights they've already bought anyway.
Yeah the cameras commentators etc. They don’t do that for any old preseason game. Fox are using Bolt just as much as the next person

sydmariner

Mulvey hints at Usain Bolt’s maiden start

Ahead of the Central Coast Mariners pre-season trial against Macarthur South West United, Head Coach Mike Mulvey provided an update on Usain Bolt. Kick-off at Campbelltown Stadium is 7:30pm.

Tickets for the pre-season clash are available via Ticketek by CLICKING HERE!

The game against Sydney South West's NPL All Stars has been earmarked as the next step in Usain Bolt’s football journey and will be broadcast LIVE on Fox Sports Australia 503.

Both teams will compete for the ‘Shake It Up Cup’ an initiative that will raise awareness for the Shake It Up Australia Foundation. Shake It Up Australia is a not-for-profit organisation established in partnership with The Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF) that promotes and funds Parkinson’s disease research in Australia aimed at better treatments and ultimately a cure.

Usain Bolt’s involvement on Friday night…

“I think from a fitness perspective you could probably start him. Whether we do or not… probably a good chance,” Mulvey said.

“But we’ll weight it up as the week goes.

“He came on for 15-20 mins last time and he’ll play longer this time because his level of fitness has improved.

“It’s ok having a level of fitness – you need to then get the football fitness, which is very difficult.

“We’re quietly pleased with the way he’s improved,” Mulvey said

Bolt’s double sessions…

“When he went to France that was a good break for his body and one that he needed,” Mulvey said. “When he got back we told him that he needed to ramp it up with some double sessions and drew out a roadmap for him to get to where he needs to be.

“After our sessions he has been doing one-on-one sessions with the coaches to put more work into him. Things like first touch, the ability to head the ball, running with the ball, passing. He’s responded quite well to that.

“On Friday, it will be a good chance to see where he’s at,” Mulvey said.

Match details
Macarthur South West United vs. Central Coast Mariners
Friday 12 October 2018
Venue: Campbelltown Sports Stadium
Tickets: CLICK HERE
TV: Broadcast LIVE on Fox Sports Australia 503
Kick-off: 7:30pm

UnitedsNo9

Don't know if there is mention of it but I caught a snippet of the Graham Norton show last night and Bolt was. Missed most of it but presume there was some chat and mention of ccm. Assuming it was recent and when he had that week or so off. Just in case anyone was interested in checking it out.

marinermick

Don't know if there is mention of it but I caught a snippet of the Graham Norton show last night and Bolt was. Missed most of it but presume there was some chat and mention of ccm. Assuming it was recent and when he had that week or so off. Just in case anyone was interested in checking it out.

I saw it as well. It was an old episode. It was just before his charity match in the UK and before the CCM time.

He did mention that his dream was to become a professional footballer. The funniest part was when Graham Norton asked him “what do you do on the football pitch after you run a hundred metres”? Unintentionally the most ironic call of the night as Norton knows nothing about football.

Insertnamehere

Bit of noise that this friendly is bolts last chance to prove to the club he can make it as a player. Even heard him say it on the radio.
Surely the club would give him as much time as possible given we've put what 2mill into him?

UnitedsNo9

I saw it as well. It was an old episode. It was just before his charity match in the UK and before the CCM time.

He did mention that his dream was to become a professional footballer. The funniest part was when Graham Norton asked him “what do you do on the football pitch after you run a hundred metres”? Unintentionally the most ironic call of the night as Norton knows nothing about football.
Haha. Most ironic. That was a rhetorical question right? Cheers Mick

Ancient Mariner

I suspect that Bolt has decided himself that it is time to make a decision as to what is possible and what is not.

I am sure that even if CCM is prepared to give him 12 months he will now have a good idea whether he is about to spend a year wasting his time.

I suspect the whole circus will soon be packed away.

Pirate Pete

https://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/spor...Coast-Mariners-determine-future-football.html
Usain Bolt says his performance in a trial game on Friday could determine his future with the Central Coast Mariners in Australia's A-League and his quest to play professional football.

The eight-time Olympic sprinting champion is expected to start for the Mariners against a Macarthur South West United team in western Sydney. United play in a second-tier competition.

'This is going to be a big game. I think it will determine if the club makes up its mind on what to do with my career,' Bolt said.

4910008-6259511-image-a-34_1539149852766.jpg

+4
Usain Bolt says his performance in a trial game on Friday could determine his future in football

4910114-6259511-image-a-42_1539149926088.jpg

After being used as a winger in his first trial in late August, Bolt hinted at a positional change

The Mariners begin the A-League regular season on October 21 in Brisbane against the Roar. Bolt, who holds the 100m and 200m world records, has retired from competitive track and field.

After being used as a winger in his first brief trial appearance in late August, Bolt hinted at a positional change for the match at Sydney's Campbelltown Stadium.

Coach Mike Mulvey 'wants to play me up top more,' Bolt said. 'The couple of games that I played, I didn't play with the first team.

'There's a few first-team boys in the team for Friday. So I'll get different service, better service, because they're more seasoned and more mature. So he just told me to make sure I'm focused and push myself, and I'll just take the chances when I get them.'

4910112-6259511-image-a-50_1539150012226.jpg

+4
4910110-6259511-image-m-49_1539150004435.jpg

+4
The 32-year-old Jamaican track great said was pleased with his progress in football

The 32-year-old Jamaican said he was pleased with his progress in football.

'That's always a good step, when coaches are satisfied with the fitness to put me in the starting line-up. That's always a big step,' Bolt said. 'I can say I've been improving, (but) you won't know what level you're at until you actually play a competitive game.'

In late September, Mulvey said he could wait until January before making a final decision on Bolt's status with the team.

Bolt saw his first action for the Mariners on August 31, playing 20 minutes against a Central Coast invitational side. He played the second half against the North Shore Mariners on September 19, when he alternated between left wing and forward.

Michael

Already talking like a striker. Blaming the service in the last game.

You’d be leaving a stud or two in a tackle in tomorrow’s session if you’re one of the players he’s referring too after reading that.

The nerve.

If he knew how and when to slide at a low cross he’d have his first ever goal.

pjennings

If he does end up playing as a striker, which I hope he does, it will be interesting to see how he goes. This is the position I think he has the most chance of making an impact and the one that will determine his future whether it is soon, in January or in 12 months time. If he can't show much on Friday I can see Mike and Monty having a frank discussion about his long term chances. If their review is poor then he masy see no point in continuing here and may make the decision himself.

He actually looked more dangerous in the CCS game when he went centrally and the service to him in that game was not as good at 70 mins as it was at the start of the game. He is such a big unit if he can get in the middle and dominate physically he could be a handful. I certainly think at this stage of his late development that he has more chance of making an impact in the middle than out wide. His pace might come in handy out wide, but without the necessary touch he will struggle out there even if he gets 12 months to try.

Big Al

Should this have been his coast debut instead of the CCS game? Or both?

Pretty much sounds like we are ready to cut him loose imo

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred