• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Usain Bolt!

Forum Phoenix

Yeah, because the media can claim a moral authority on not doing things to attract readers/viewers. Truly ludicrous level of hypocrisy.

He’s done nothing but good so far. If he can’t improve enough to play off the bench then he shouldn’t be signed. If he can. He should. Simple. And a prolonged trial is great for us. And anyone who wants to smear the only regional club that has contributed more to the NT than any other HAL side can go sit on the wrong end of Offy’s unicorn.

Last edited:

Offsider

Absolute shit article written by a shit hack.
So shit I think he should be forced to spend time with Offy to discuss...
1. Aldi v Coles.
2. If unicorns exist
3 How to treat bunions
4. Pensioners discounts at the Football
5. Why he doesn't have a girlfriend

Read the article again sweetheart before you call it a :poo: article.
Doesn’t the points he make all sound familiar .............. all points have been made in this forum ......... the threat of one to cancel his m/ship ??? Etc.

1.and just for the record .......... I prefer to shop at wooolies :cool:
2. You know they do.......... nothing to discuss there:rolleyes:
3. Is that shorthand for brown onions ???? ........... don’t try eating them raw unless you are a dickhead ex prime minister.
4. A topic dear to my wallet:overheadl:
5. Vicious rumour mongering wombat ........... I am riding my unicorn over to the paddock soon to meet my girlfriend .......... soon as she finishes chewing her cud :wub:

Offsider

5D29EA4C-F722-48E9-8CB8-0EAEDA3C71F8.jpeg
Yeah, because the media can claim a moral authority on not doing things to attract readers/viewers. Truly ludicrous level of hypocrisy.

He’s done nothing but good so far. If he can’t improve enough to play off the bench then he shouldn’t be signed. If he can. He should. Simple. And a prolonged trial is great for us. And anyone who wants to smear the only regional club that has contributed more to the NT than any other HAL side can f**k off.

Insertnamehere

Th
There's a comment on your article, saying how is this sustainable? It is a valid comment and unfortunately it probably isn't. However as rude as it is to answer a question with a question , I would say how is what CCM have been doing since GA left sustainable. In fact it wasn't sustainable for us to spend like we did to win the title.
So for us if it does work out as a 100k spend on bolt, the marketing opportunities might make us as a club sustainable.

Coastalraider

Th

There's a comment on your article, saying how is this sustainable? It is a valid comment and unfortunately it probably isn't. However as rude as it is to answer a question with a question , I would say how is what CCM have been doing since GA left sustainable. In fact it wasn't sustainable for us to spend like we did to win the title.
So for us if it does work out as a 100k spend on bolt, the marketing opportunities might make us as a club sustainable.

Yep, I just replied to that. I agree, the Bolt experiment is NOT sustainable, but if it unlocks spending for singings like Oar and McCormack, then it is worth doing.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Yep, I just replied to that. I agree, the Bolt experiment is NOT sustainable, but if it unlocks spending for singings like Oar and McCormack, then it is worth doing.
Exactly. It's not supposed to be 'sustainable'. Nobody is expecting crowds to be continuously multiplied by ten.
Good article though - glad to see somebody writing intelligently about it, for once, and actually using some facts.

Big Al

It’s a funny argument because how do you measure the sustainability?

Many factors come into play.

Live in the now. Better to have 1 good year than 2 shit ones

Insertnamehere

It’s a funny argument because how do you measure the sustainability?

Many factors come into play.

Live in the now. Better to have 1 good year than 2 shit ones
I'd take an ok one after 4 sh*t ones.
In reality sustainable should mean we have a competitive club for many years to come, not looking over our shoulder for the axe (certainly after they flick the nux).

MagpieMariner

How sustainable were FC's crowds during the Del Piero years? The first year, certainly, but after that not so much. The other question: how many of those extra bums on seats were non-football people? I'd say none. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying I'd never heard of him before he came. How many of those 10K bums at CCS the other night were non-football people? I'd say most of them. How many of those will come back? Dunno, but even a few hundred of them is a bonus, because we wouldn't have them otherwise.

Reactions: adz

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I reckon Clisbys double might bring back a few of those “nonnies” just to see if he can do it again

Offsider

I reckon Clisbys double might bring back a few of those “nonnies” just to see if he can do it again

I reckon Recky ........ that with some of the attacking weapons joining up with teams now ........ clisby won’t have time to worry about his golden boot dreaming. He will just need to concentrate on not putting the ball into a net. :-|

pjennings

With 23 players signed including 2 scholarship players and a mature age rookie we have 3 available spots. If Oar and McCormack eventuate we will have only one spot left.

People have identified RB/CB as an area of concern If someone is signed there then the only option left for Bolt is as a guest player. Given his quote of 4 months then his 14 game stint would likely cover 8 home games from 16/1/2019 through to round 26 on 20/4/2019. If we wanted to keep him after that we would need Michael Glassock to do another job on Hoole so that we can keep him as an injury replacement.

Woollybutt

With 23 players signed including 2 scholarship players and a mature age rookie we have 3 available spots. If Oar and McCormack eventuate we will have only one spot left.

People have identified RB/CB as an area of concern If someone is signed there then the only option left for Bolt is as a guest player. Given his quote of 4 months then his 14 game stint would likely cover 8 home games from 16/1/2019 through to round 26 on 20/4/2019. If we wanted to keep him after that we would need Michael Glassock to do another job on Hoole so that we can keep him as an injury replacement.
If Oar or McCormack is signed as a designated player it puts them outside the 23 and opens another spot or two.

Wombat

Had a quick peek at the boys today on the way to work.

Hoole, The Serb and O'Neill didnt play although O'Neill has smacking 30yrd passes to his team mate behind the goal.
Cisse and Murray we the starting players.....Golec and McGing were the reserves.
Tommy looked quality as usual but Wee Mac (im not gona call him Judas anymore) looked very impressive, probally the stand out. Melling was decent. Monty played for the reserves and some old roster so they just be short on numbers.
Mulvey is a much more hands on coach that Tony and Okunt (thanks Offy...i'll use that Unicorn boy!)

Insertnamehere

Soooooooooooo..... I just read that George Weah just came out of retirement. If bolt doesn't work out, we could sign him. He's only 51 so he's got 14 years till retirement age.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred