• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Usain Bolt!

NoDiggity

Bolt will attract the attention of a lot of currently non-football people.

If the game day experience is good, which does require actually winning some games, then many will retain and grow an interest in the game and the Mariners.
If the Bolt factor gets them in and then we play like last season - they will feel confirmed in their prior thinking that football is not for them and when Bolt wears off they probably won't be back

For me the biggest benefit of this is name recognition across the world. Players and agents that would have simply skimmed our name over on a list and dismissed it will now stop and consider it
100% agree. If MC was ever going to spend decent coin on a decent squad (he won’t) this season would be it. Assuming bolt makes the squad, you’d have to expect crowd numbers to be 12k+. Perfect time to expose some bandwaggoners to an exciting game day experience & a competitive squad.

nebakke

Nowadays it's the parcel guy ;)
Doubtful... That would require him to actually get out of the car, instead of hurling a 'Sorry we just missed you' card at the mailbox, from the front-seat of his van, at 70kph...

Last edited:

nebakke

200 million hits don’t equal any dollars but in today’s society where instagram models get paid for looking good and having followers and likes surely some of that will flow on its just hoping the maximize it. Like FP says we need some FFA consultants (sorry FP wants real consultants. My bad. Couldn’t help myself) to maximize it.
Now the circus has begun we my as well sell the shit out of it. We’ve dipped the toes now just jump in

You'd think it might make us more attractive to sponsors, at least.

Big Al

A black Hyundai for Bolt :D
From telegraph article which is pay walled.
Shaun also made a joke saying he hasn’t asked for french bottled water. He will drink tap water like the rest of us.

Also Tony Denny is in charge of accommodation and has some private places Bolt might be staying at

And when he drives, it will be in a Hyundai like everyone else at the club.”

Elsewhere, the Mariners will also shift a large chunk of the team’s training sessions from its intimate Tuggerah fields to the 20,000 seat Central Coast Stadium.

Extra security staff will also be on hand for all public appearances by the team.

scoober

A black Hyundai for Bolt :D
From telegraph article which is pay walled.
Shaun also made a joke saying he hasn’t asked for french bottled water. He will drink tap water like the rest of us.

Also Tony Denny is in charge of accommodation and has some private places Bolt might be staying at

And when he drives, it will be in a Hyundai like everyone else at the club.”

Elsewhere, the Mariners will also shift a large chunk of the team’s training sessions from its intimate Tuggerah fields to the 20,000 seat Central Coast Stadium.

Extra security staff will also be on hand for all public appearances by the team.
The first team currently have all their field sessions at pluim as MM deems the Tuggerah fields as insufficient quality

Wombat

They were training at Pluim today but I also saw them training at Tuggerah late last week so it looks like both grounds are being utilised.

Coastalraider

Ha ha! Imagine investing all that money in a ‘centre of excellence’ for your new coach to come in and say the fields are crap, I’m off to Pluim!!!

Last edited:

bikinigirl

Ha ha! Imagine investing all that money in a ‘centre of excellence’ for your new coach to come in and say the fields are crap, I’m off to Pluim!!!

. it's all part of the learning curve for Charlesworth (or a harsh reality) ... if he is willing to learn

. it would seem that the main pitch at the CoE was a quick 'stop-gap' ... but remember it has been down for a few years now

. proper preparation and proper maintenance take time and cost money. potentially another false economy in effect paying for two grounds. i am not trying to defend them but there were a couple of cousins playing for us in recent years that complained about the state of the training pitch ... you wonder how this may impact the motivation of some that were sold something it wasn't

. despite so many claiming Charlesworth is only interested in property we have to remember that he is not a property developer - his background (and presumably his skill set) lie elsewhere. there is also often a difference between property 'developed' to sell on quickly and property developed to own longer term

Wombat

I think the State Govt paid for half of it! I heard they paid for the two sloping ends and Pikey (I'll stop calling him that if the 3 extra players are true) bought the centre (of excellence) which is the flat bit.....credit to the original posters who came up with that pun last year.

They should level it out now. Get the bob cats in and level and returf it and we could be using it properly in a couple of months?.....any Groundskeeper know how long the turf takes to bed in properly?

bikinigirl

I think the State Govt paid for half of it! I heard they paid for the two sloping ends and Pikey (I'll stop calling him that if the 3 extra players are true) bought the centre (of excellence) which is the flat bit.....credit to the original posters who came up with that pun last year.

They should level it out now. Get the bob cats in and level and returf it and we could be using it properly in a couple of months?.....any Groundskeeper know how long the turf takes to bed in properly?

. i've heard that re-turfing is on the cards in the short term ... but i also think the issue is deeper than the turf - we'll have to wait and see what is done and how it holds up

. if anybody remembers back to the CCS re-surfacing/reparation fiasco may remember that the cold months are not a good time to do such work ... hopefully it warms up soon

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred