• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Usain Bolt!

midfielder

Puma is shit gear.
Best and Less or Big W standard.
I wouldn't be seen dead in any Puma gear unless Usian wants to sponsor East Gosford and Wyong Thai Massage.

Get him in for a back breaker and get photos and local radio stations there as well....

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
lRVxQm.jpg
Let’s just jump ahead to the bleeding obvious

Forum Phoenix

So much butt hurt in the comments

I’m loving this more and more. Possibility to change off field fortunes that will allow us to change our on field fortunes looking probable.

So many coasties who don’t usually give a shit about the Mariners are interested. Call it wrong reasons if you like, but they were never interested in the football. Even in our hey day.

Last edited:

Rowdy

Call it wrong reasons if you like, but they were never interested in the football. Even in our hey day.
& sadly those same 'so many interested' that 'never cared about the Football' WILL stop being interested once Usain .... Bolts

But I agree with you about the positives (IF there can be any had), especially long term deals with sponsors, for mine is of most importance.

Either that or he buys a share in the club, guaranteeing himself a spot in the 'CCM Legends' game EVERY fcuk'n year if he likes. :cool:

Rowdy

Piggy back a Central Coast Mariners Athletic Club/School along the same lines as the International Football School.
-(the IFS do Tennis too if you dont know;))

Do a deal with Mingara for use of Athletic Facillity up the road.

Puma provides a number of scholarships.

Usain hand picks Athletic Coaches from around the world, brings in some Big name ones for 'Guest Spots' on individual disciplines within Tack&Field

Bob's your Uncle :tophat:

turbo

So many coasties who don’t usually give a shot about the Mariners are interested.

Also a great chance to create a whole new generation of young fans. The team coming to your school is cool if you follow the comp, but Bolt coming to your school? That’s huge.

Forum Phoenix

& sadly those same 'so many interested' that 'never cared about the Football' WILL stop being interested once Usain .... Bolts

But I agree with you about the positives (IF there can be any had), especially long term deals with sponsors, for mine is of most importance.

Either that or he buys a share in the club, guaranteeing himself a spot in the 'CCM Legends' game EVERY fcuk'n year if he likes. :cool:

Yeah agree. Just happy to leverage their temporary interest to have a chance to climb up from under the boot a little.

Antlion

Bolt will attract the attention of a lot of currently non-football people.

If the game day experience is good, which does require actually winning some games, then many will retain and grow an interest in the game and the Mariners.
If the Bolt factor gets them in and then we play like last season - they will feel confirmed in their prior thinking that football is not for them and when Bolt wears off they probably won't be back

For me the biggest benefit of this is name recognition across the world. Players and agents that would have simply skimmed our name over on a list and dismissed it will now stop and consider it

Big Al

Two work colleagues. 1 a casual SFC supporter and a girl who likes RL and no interest in any other sport where suprised when i said we are a joke for the bolt circus.
They were but it’s Bolt and think of the press. They were why won’t you go to the preseason game.
I’m swimming against the tide.

Big Al

Todays TeRRorgraph says we have received over 200 million hits about the CC on signing Bolt.
200 million hits don’t equal any dollars but in today’s society where instagram models get paid for looking good and having followers and likes surely some of that will flow on its just hoping the maximize it. Like FP says we need some FFA consultants (sorry FP wants real consultants. My bad. Couldn’t help myself) to maximize it.
Now the circus has begun we my as well sell the shit out of it. We’ve dipped the toes now just jump in

TedShot

200 million hits don’t equal any dollars but in today’s society where instagram models get paid for looking good and having followers and likes surely some of that will flow on its just hoping the maximize it. Like FP says we need some FFA consultants (sorry FP wants real consultants. My bad. Couldn’t help myself) to maximize it.
Now the circus has begun we my as well sell the shit out of it. We’ve dipped the toes now just jump in

It’s a shame the club didn’t throw up sell google banner ads on their website so they would make money from the boost in traffic.

Forum Phoenix

Two work colleagues. 1 a casual SFC supporter and a girl who likes RL and no interest in any other sport where suprised when i said we are a joke for the bolt circus.
They were but it’s Bolt and think of the press. They were why won’t you go to the preseason game.
I’m swimming against the tide.

Yeah I think you are on this one BA. Have had similar experiences.

I appreciaye everyone who has worried at this the other way. We all know they just want good football prioritised and played.

But this can be a means to an end and I think Bolt as a human being is truly trying to stretch himself and is very sincere. There’s a lot to like in that I think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred