• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Turbulence (then calm sailing, then turbulence) thread.

adz

Staff member
A couple of questions for me out of that...

The Melbourne thing seems a bit far fetched? Surely if a deal can't be made to sell to an existing director, why are they more willing to sell to someone from Melbourne who will move the club?

If the players do strike, it will not only be a massive "up yours" to the CCM management, but the fans who have paid their memberships for 8 seasons, travelled thousands of km's and invested a lot of their own time supporting the team.

If it does get to the stage of players striking, we need names and details of how and why it got to that point.

It seems to me like there are investors lined up to ensure the future of the club (which includes paying the most important assets, THE PLAYERS) but someone is standing in the way.

Who, and why?

Einstein

The Melbourne thing seems a bit far fetched? Surely if a deal can't be made to sell to an existing director, why are they more willing to sell to someone from Melbourne who will move the club?

If the players do strike, it will not only be a massive "up yours" to the CCM management, but the fans who have paid their memberships for 8 seasons, travelled thousands of km's and invested a lot of their own time supporting the team.

If it does get to the stage of players striking, we need names and details of how and why it got to that point.

It seems to me like there are investors lined up to ensure the future of the club (which includes paying the most important assets, THE PLAYERS) but someone is standing in the way.

Who, and why?
What???

bikinigirl

. i don't know if anyone would be 'more willing' to sell to melbourne ... but having details to all the options is the only way to 'negotiate'

. for something that seemed so simple with a simple (and apparently available) solution a couple of days ago ... it has certainly blown out of all proportion rather quickly - to become a much bigger issue

. considering this isn't the first time we have been through this ... the only thing we need now is arnie to declare he doesn't understand why the team are not better supported :mad:

Gratis

the Geelong move won't happen, confident of that. the strike talk, like the open media attention is, I think, simply a way of forcing a resolution by putting pressure on (i suspect) Gorman to act rather than it going on for an eternity in the background as it has in the past. i'm also doubting it'll come to a strike, and hoping even more

FFC Mariner

I agree with Adz, while I support the players right to strike over unpaid wages, the real blame is not on them.

Its on the person whos greed and avarice to screw money out of this has brought us to this point.

And the FFA for allowing such conflicts to exist in the 1st place. Lets not forget, he is an employee of theirs!

nebakke

Who, and why?

I think that's a bit harsh on the players... Essentially that argument says that they should be willing to work for free, because we've paid out membership fees to the club... The club which in turn hasn't paid the players. The articles today suggest that several of the players are getting into trouble financially because of the non-payment... Can't really blame them for getting to a point where their families and themselves become the primary focal point I think.
Would you keep working if your employer stopped paying you?

However, I couldn't agree more with the second part of your post. If it gets that bad (God forbid) some transparency is needed, we'll need to understand why/how it was allowed to get that out of hand.

The fact that they haven't all packed up and left during the last couple of seasons, in particular, in-and-of-itself is a huge statement about the culture and personal relationships in the club... I doubt it that a lot of clubs in this situation would have any of their players left after what they've seen financially in the last couple of years.
If it reaches the point of a strike though, it's starting to feel like a really risky situation though... On the upside, I too think it's more of a pressure technique than anything else, otherwise, surely they would have announce the strike to be sooner...

adz

Staff member
Essentially that argument says that they should be willing to work for free, because we've paid out membership fees to the club...

Not at all, if the players are forced into that position then they should do what they need to do. I'm just saying that more people are affected by strike action than CCM Management.

nebakke

Not sure I understand your wording then, but fair cop none-the-less :)
Yep, it certainly does affect everyone, and it's upto CCM management to sort it...

midfielder

Who, and why?

Given PT has publicly said he will sell and stand aside... Charlesworth wants to buy ... the list shortens ... maybe its our man in Sheffield ... maybe someone closer to home ....

The Russian offer cannot be proved, nor can other deals referred to, unless we sight the offers however FFA have indicated in the pass and now they are happy with the process.... the Charleworth offer is there.... hopefully something will break sooner or latter...

style_cafe

I love these reports from un-named sources.The players? What a bloody low act by The AUSTRALIAN.

Margaret Thatcher said "If you can`t say names then it didn`t really happen".
If the Australian is not willing to name which players have said what then they can F**k off & leave our Mariner`s alone.

dibo

I don't doubt the veracity of the story. I can't blame the players either - would you show up to work if you knew you weren't getting paid? This is back to the old Northern Spirit days - Lawrie's going to be making huge tuna casseroles to feed the youngsters soon.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Really good opinion piece
http://www.fromthestandsal.com/2013/03/20/the-mariners-must-survive/

I love this guy's attitude, and it's one we should all share. Basically, it doesn't matter if we support CCM, Jets, SFC, Victory, whoever - at the end of the day, we're all supporting Aussie football. Seems like he'd be the sort of guy that would think that if you can't have a beer with opposition supporters before/after the match, then something's wrong...

adz

Staff member
The new arrangement would see the Mariners relocate three of their home matches - those perceived to draw the lowest gate - to Melbourne.
F**k that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred