• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Turbulence (then calm sailing, then turbulence) thread.

dibo

MF - not the same bloke. That's Kevin McCabe. Charlesworth owns some phone number business with a funny name.

elevated position

funny how all this shit surfaces as we have a very real chance of taking out the GF this year createing a destabilising effect amongst players and staff?
Second place fixed in so Arnie can rest tired players this week and have a refreshed team for the ACL game on wed and screw over the heart on the last day followed by another week off. For once the gods are aligning with us and we have a new pope,named after a saint who looked after the poor and down trodden.
So Arnie dont F##k this up even if there is no money play for pride for 4 weeks.

Ancient Mariner

Just on Gorman, I thought he stated that it was his wife who owned the part interest in CCM when confronted with conflict of interest problems when he was with FFA.
Curious.:headbutt:

Roy Law

Dibo thanks for that info on Charlesworth I guess he is the guy from Sheffield United that invested in the COE about five years ago and formed the sisiter club relationship..

On the Geelong thing ... Heart IMO should be on the phone now ...
Kevin McCabe is the guy from Sheffield United not Mike Charlesorth.

midfielder

MF - not the same bloke. That's Kevin McCabe. Charlesworth owns some phone number business with a funny name.

Thanks...

Why / who is Charlesworth interested in our club ... if he lives in England .... just wondering if anyone has any background info as to why he invested in the first place and is so keen to help us out...

As for Gorman .... to the best of my knowledge he was the initial driving force behind the COE ... but he has put little money in and most of the key assets have been achieved by PB...

If he is holding out for a Superannuation type payment ... taken to the absolute it means the COE is up for sale to the highest bidder ... wherever or whoever that maybe... i.e. AFL NSW training centre [not suggesting this but as an example]

nikko

Suspended
Just on Gorman, I thought he stated that it was his wife who owned the part interest in CCM when confronted with conflict of interest problems when he was with FFA.
Curious.:headbutt:

Gorman Family Trust owns the shares in the club. Trustee of the Gorman Family Trust is Mr and Mrs Gorman

elevated position

MF, any sale of the COE would very interesting as to the fed goverments $10m.(and Im wondering what they have done with it because what they have built is not $10m worth)This money was for community style investment i.e. medical centre community facility etc. If the COE is up for sale does it mean that the Gov funds will be returned?

midfielder

EP

I am not suggesting the COE is up for sale ... more saying how much a person wants for their share can change over time...

I have read the COE is worth somewhere between 40 & 60 million .... less whatever is owed and is being built ...

So what do you want if you own say 10% .... nothing or 4 million ... or somewhere on between...

If you are a buyer what would you pay and if you are forced to pay ... how do you view what you have purchased as a sell-able asset or a community asset...

FFC Mariner

In its current state, the CoE is worth little more than land value. If it was worth more, getting funding would be easy.

World is full of developments with potential that never get built.

Very hard to see $10m. I hope they kept the receipts.

MagpieMariner

A very moving article, and I'm extremely grateful for his eloquence. I hope the money-men of Australian football are reading it. I have only become a fan of Australian football (I have no interest whatsoever in overseas football) because the Mariners exist. I live on the Coast and they are my team. If the worst comes I doubt that I'll be able to follow any other team (unless one starts up in Tassie). I guess I'll just keep on following Collingwood in the winter and getting bored shitless watching the cricket in the summer.

Roy Law

From the club's facebook page -

"Valued Mariners supporters,

We appreciate there is a substantial amount of interest in the Club's ongoing ownership situation. Please be assured a significant amount of work is happening behind the scenes to guarantee a bright future for the Club on the Central Coast.
Among the current ownership group there is a resolve and commitment to continue to fund the Central Coast Mariners FC. While current discussions are likely to result in a change in the mix of the ownership model, they are aimed at placing the Club on the strongest financial footing possible. Any change in ownership will not result in a variation from the well-established cultural and brand values of the Mariners.

We will update fans as soon as further information comes to light."

That's good enough for me:)

Gratis

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...-brink-of-strike/story-fn63e0vj-1226601976769
ANGRY Central Coast players are prepared to take strike action over the failure of the club to pay their wages on time.

The dramas at the embattled Mariners escalated yesterday after club officials again failed to come up with the money to pay the players their overdue monthly wage, which is now five days late.

The Australian, which broke the story of the club's financial battle earlier in the week, was told the players, who had been promised payment by Monday or Tuesday, met last night in a bid to force the issue.

It is believed the players will strike, including not attending training and even boycotting matches, if they don't receive their money by close of business on Monday. Professional Footballers Australia is expected to issue a statement today, backing the players.

Sources said the players, some of whom are in financial stress and have been forced to borrow money from friends, had lost patience and believe their only way to get action is to make the strongest possible statement.

The players had to be convinced to turn up to training this morning. On a day of ongoing developments, The Australian also learned:

The club's ownership problems remain unresolved.

One of the club's owners flew to Melbourne yesterday to talk to a consortium interested in taking over the club and is also headed interstate today looking at further options.

There are suggestions a Russian group with connections to a club in Moscow could be close to finalising a deal for the Mariners, who have lived with their financial plight for the past three or four seasons.

There is scepticism surrounding the Russians' interest given there have been talks with the club for 18 months and nothing has eventuated, despite their Australian-based representatives being in regular attendance at Central Coast games in the past two seasons.

According to ASIC records, Mariners owners Mike Charlesworth, chairman Peter Turnbull and Lyall Gorman - executive chairman of rival A-League club Western Sydney - jointly own 64 per cent of the club. They met for three hours on Tuesday night to discuss the situation.

It is understood multi-millionaire Englishman Charlesworth put forward an offer to Turnbull and Gorman late last week to take control of the club, assume its considerable debts and inject some much needed funds into the Mariners.

It is believed that Turnbull, who already has put $4 million into the club, is looking to step aside, but will remain as chairman until the end of the season.

There are also suggestions that should the well-connected Charlesworth take control he will install a new board as well as seek to bring in new investors, possibly from overseas.

The group issued a statement yesterday. "The majority ownership group are in discussions at this time regarding the ongoing future of the FC. There is a resolve and commitment among the owners to continue to subsidise and fund the operating deficits of the FC moving forward.

"These discussions are likely to result in a change in the mix of the ownership model, but all aimed at securing the future of the FC on the strongest possible footing. Any such change will not result in any variation from the well-established cultural and brand values of the Mariners."

There also remain conflict-of-interest fears in some quarters over the involvement of Gorman, who helped start the Mariners in 2004 and was head of the A-League before moving into his role at the Wanderers. It should be stressed he has not broken any rules as the Asian Football Confederation allows for multiple involvement in clubs.

The Mariners situation is being monitored by Football Federation Australia. Chief executive David Gallop told The Australian last night the head body wanted the situation sorted as quickly as possible.

"We are in constant contact with the various stakeholders at the club and we have impressed on them our desire to see their internal issues resolved urgently so that the pay situation is fixed," Gallop said.

"That said, it is a discussion among shareholders and it is not our place to adjudicate on a club owners' discussion."

nikko

Suspended
There are suggestions a Russian group with connections to a club in Moscow could be close to finalising a deal for the Mariners, who have lived with their financial plight for the past three or four seasons

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred