• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Turbulence (then calm sailing, then turbulence) thread.

iEatHands

I don't know what to think. At the moment all I feel is pissed off but I don't know who at.. I don't want to share our team with melbourne! If that happens I don't think I can follow the mariners anymore. But that feeling may subside, it may get worse.. I'd rather the mariners fold than be torn between 2 locations.. surely there is another option where someone believes we belong where we are now and we don't need to move games elsewhere..

adz

Staff member
How much would it cost to fly the team + staff to Melbourne for 4 home games compared to getting extra bums on seats at Gosford?

nebakke

dafuq!? Wtf would be the point of that? They hoping to start getting rid of players and shove in South Melbourne players in stead... Aiming for a slow but inevitable push to just move the team altogether and let South Melbourne run it?
I can see no other reason why anyone would consider that a reasonable thing to do, financially... At the very least for the first couple of seasons, the team would effectively just get another four away games, in terms of the feel of the thing. Combined with the additional cost etc..
Also, to do that to a club that is so strongly rooted in the community is a disastrous thought... I too struggle with the concept of supporting a team split like this... It is a ludicrous idea... As much as we need the money...

Ancient Mariner

f**king bullshit.

Worst outcome possible. Would rather we didn't have a team than a semi melbourne/gosford team.

Anyone remember what happened to the Northern Eagles?

I followed the North Sydney Bears from the age of 10 years old (and that was along time ago). I have not watched a game of Rugby League since the Beagles were formed.

I have very similar feelings now.

I am a foundation CCM member and attended the first ever game at Christie Park, but at the moment I feel if this is the solution it will be "so long and thanks for all the fish".

midfielder

I guess the board control unless the Russians move in is in Melbourne... so in time do we have any guarantee its only four games ... or will it be SFC, WSW & Jets at Bluey and others to Melbourne..

Imagine the derbies it brings... SFC, WSW, Jets, MV, Heart....

nebakke

I guess the board control unless the Russians move in is in Melbourne... so in time do we have any guarantee its only four games ... or will it be SFC, WSW & Jets at Bluey and others to Melbourne..

Imagine the derbies it brings... SFC, WSW, Jets, MV, Heart....

I think it's a fair assumption that, such a setup, would be a matter of SM proving that they can draw bigger crowds than Gosford. Then it becomes a matter of business viability, which they'll use as the case for moving more games. In the long term, I'm guessing even the SFC/WSW/Jets games would be moved as well as they'd probably draw bigger crowds down there as well (once those of us too disillusioned to follow the team, stopped showing).

dibo

Smelt like bullshit from start, simply because it's completely implausible/impractical. FFA would never accept that - more likely they'd put the cash up themselves than do that.

adz

Staff member
PFA MEDIA RELEASE

Sydney: Thursday 21 March 2013

The playing group of the CCM has instructed the PFA to express, in the strongest possible terms, their frustration and disappointment surrounding the negotiations of change of ownership at the club.

Despite been assured on a number of occasions that payment of their salaries would be imminent, these promises have failed to materialise placing the players under enormous financial pressure and hardship. In some cases the players have been unable to pay for their families groceries.

The players have acted in good faith however there is a limit to their goodwill. The players have agreed not to take any industrial action at this time but the PFA does not rule out this possibility in the coming weeks.

President Simon Colosimo said “Once again this matter shows the precarious nature of being a professional footballer in Australia and ironically comes at a time when the PFA is seeking to negotiate greater contract security with FFA as part of our new CBA”.

Chairman John Poulakakis said “The players have suffered enough. Once again they are being forced to subsidize poor governance and management of the game. The players’ basic entitlements have been trampled on. Whatever is creating this delay must be addressed immediately. It’s time for certainty and the FFA and the club’s Directors to do the right thing by the players and the fans.”

ENDS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred