• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Turbulence (then calm sailing, then turbulence) thread.

Gratis

Players, sponsors - let's hope it doesn't extend to coaching staff any time soon!

Ray Gatt -

"The Australian understands Primo Smallgoods, which has supported the club for the past three seasons and is its back-of-shirt sponsor, will shift allegiance to new A-League club Western Sydney.

Primo is owned by Paul Lederer, now chairman of Western Sydney. Lederer is reportedly worth $400 million and is regularly included on BRW's top 200 rich list.

Primo's sponsorship is believed to be worth about $250,000 a season to the Mariners, who have struggled to keep their head above water despite being one of the most successful clubs in the history of the A-League on the field.

The club has had to rely on selling players to help its bottom line. Last season it sold Matt Simon and Rostyn Griffiths to clubs in Asia and it could lose Tom Rogic, Matt Ryan and Bernie Ibini to European clubs in the January transfer window.

It was revealed last week that the club is due to pay $3m for the land on which the Mariners' Centre of Excellence has been built at Tuggerah. Mariners chairman Peter Turnbull, who has fought hard to keep the club going, remains confident about its viability and says the payment will be made.

Given the Mariners are leading the A-League and continue to produce great talent, it should be well placed to find another sponsor."

Ancient Mariner

General turbulance? I hope this captain of industry chairing WSW does not lead to major problems and someone has at least the colonel of an idea. :doh:

nebakke

This stuff is actually beginning to annoy me a bit. I realise that Peter Turnbull has given us plenty of reason to be uncertain in the past but...
The article that all of these "Oh no, the Mariner are in strife" articles refer back to for the 3 mill. payment, was actually reflecting Peter Turnbull making a statement that that is the only major outgoing that we have in the next 6 months and it is catered for. Furthermore, they have made several of those comments to point out why exactly it is that players are heading off on trials etc. - They can't reallly stop them - and for the entire first half of the season all anyone could say about us was "Let's see how the Mariners go when Rogic and Ryan get sold in January"... So it's not exactly like it's a major surprise. Yet, now that those players are potentially being sold off, it's suddenly seen as a sign of something more sinister...

Give me a break... I don't know anything about the club's financials - obviously - but compared to last year, it was fairly public knowledge around this time, that there had been problems with players' super etc. this year, there's been nothing concrete, so it feels a bit like Fox drums it up, just for a bit of drama...
GOD I'd like it if they'd just shut up, unless they have something intelligent to say... But I suppose we'd just be left with a lot of dead air then :(

Loosing PRIMO will surely hurt, but I wouldn't think it'd be THAT big a problem to find a shirt sponsor worth $250.000... So I'm hopeful.... What about Bluetongue? Just to stick it up the bogans ;)

dibo

Can't get Bluetongue - can't have alcohol sponsors, Australian Government deal worth $$$ to the FFA means they're now a prohibited category and we have all these 'be the influence' signs around and messages discouraging binge drinking.

Gratis

I agree - finding a 250k sponsor shouldn't be too difficult a prospect esp. front of shirt

Gratis

This stuff is actually beginning to annoy me a bit. I realise that Peter Turnbull has given us plenty of reason to be uncertain in the past but...
The article that all of these "Oh no, the Mariner are in strife" articles refer back to for the 3 mill. payment, was actually reflecting Peter Turnbull making a statement that that is the only major outgoing that we have in the next 6 months and it is catered for...
yeah I thought this $3mil thing was explained, done and dusted by now already. the media is loving stirring up trouble.
it's one of the reasons why politics is such a farce these days too

mainly posted the article to inform of the sponsorship changes, i looked for a sponsorship thread (which I'm sure I've seen) but couldn't find. thought this could serve as a general changes-and-things-going-on thread in any case as there's a bit to talk about popping up currently

Roy Law

I am sure next season's TV deal will go someway towards alleviating financial pressures. It is curious how not only do the Russians no longer figure in conversations but neither do the two local entities who wanted to buy into the club. there is money out there - PT has to find it.

FFC Mariner

To be fair to this particular journo, his stories tend to be well researched and he spends a bit of time on the coast.

The fact that a guy who owns our sponsor would prefer to sponsor the club he is chairman of seems not unreasonable but is the NRMA deal only 1 year or is it longer. I believe it's also for a lot more than $250k

Our business model is that of a developer of quality young Australian footballers, surely the model needs to allow them to move on to be valid.

I also doubt that the players looking to move are pleading to stay here on less money and are being forced out by the club. As Lawrie has said, contracts have been offered and knocked back.

Mumbles

$250k is very cheap for 90min of TV time x 27 rounds for any medium to large business. Should be easy to find another sponsor.

Back of the shirt is better on an attacking team. Front is better for Sydney FC and other frequent losers

Forum Phoenix

Yep. Still standing tall. They do seem to love these stories.

Never liked the primo logo in any case.

And we are worth the money. They can't keep us out of the press at the moment :piano:

HEY! SMILEYS ARE BACK!!!

:overheadl::pirashoot::thumbup:

iEatHands

The fact that a guy who owns our sponsor would prefer to sponsor the club he is chairman of seems not unreasonable but is the NRMA deal only 1 year or is it longer. I believe it's also for a lot more than $250k

Yes like everything WSW it was only a 1 year deal.

Mumbles

Masterfoods are cashed up (Mars Family) not sure why they haven't graduated from flying toys.
Local employer.

Masterfoods, Singo's meats and Bakers delight and we got a sausage sizzle. Woohoo!
A sausage sanger on the back of the strips will make the lads hungry while they're chasing Pedj and Rosie down the flanks.

Reactions: adz

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred