• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Turbulence (then calm sailing, then turbulence) thread.

Tassiemariner

Stuff the other Spill going on at the moment, Whats happening here! 4 games in Melbourne!

These days it's not "In Arnie we trust", it's "In Gatty We trust".

Reactions: adz

midfielder

If SBS have f**ked this up .... shows there true colours regarding the old NSL teams getting bad in.... just like Lucas Neil told the players to ignore PVB game plan... and they scream their tits off as the home of football...

I remember Hal 2 to Hal 6..... Sour Bitter Shits was their name...

Not Happy SBS .... expected better if this turns out to be complete bullshit...

adz

Staff member
It looks like something is moving anyway... hopefully there are documents being signed and faxed/emailed all over the place and they can show us it doesn't really take 2 years to sell a football club after all.

MrCelery

Central Coast Hellas? F@$k me dead. I'd rather follow the Scum.

I've posted a number of times elsewhere, that as a long time NSL follower, it would be a disaster if South Melbourne Hellas were allowed into the A-League. It would be back to the ethnic in-fighting of 'old football'.

Surely CCM and FFA would not be that stupid.

If it comes off, that's me gone from the A-League.

nebakke

Ya... CentralCoastMariners Twitter account:
"We can state that moving matches from Gosford to Melbourne is not in our plans. #aleague"

Well, that's a start :)

Gratis

craziness - had a couple of hours away from the news and this forum and coming back to it made me sick initially, and then hopeful again. Central Coast/South Melbourne Mariners? seriously cram a scorpion down your pee hole, utterly unacceptable!
reading that Gatt tweet was sweet sweet honey on the burn wound. if it starts even looking that way it's time for a fan revolt. aside from the reams and reams of reasons why the Mariners are awesome is the fact that they really have given an identity and additional focus of pride to the community of the coast, instead of it being one town or another it is now more than that, it is the Central Coast. the team being so ingrained in the community cannot be simply shared around like that

I've been living away for the better part of 4-5 years now, first in Wagga, currently in VIC, and when i tell people i'm from the coast people know what i'm talking about - mainly because of the Mariners. The spirit, the mateship, the community work they do, the sheer quality produced by the smallest club in the league - my pride and love in this team is through the roof.
i'm in the process of returning home to live one the coast (once I find work to make the transition), and the thought of coming back to a half or full Melbourne Mariners IS NOT OK!
At all.

midfielder

COY Hellas ..... everything is indicating SBS have been sold a dump ...

Well we can at least look forward to the odd flare ...

dibo

Can I note one thing - this time around (in stark contrast to last year) the fanbase is united and strong.

This place isn't a funeral. It's full of people who want to fight for their club. There's a lot of love for the club on here that transcends the ownership, the staff, the players etc. People shouldn't doubt our passion for the club, and when we play on Saturday week we've got to show it in the stands, no matter what the league situation is.

We'll have two more games in Gosford (at least) before the end of the year, we've got to rally our numbers to show that the Central Coast is 100% yellow and 100% behind our Mariners.

morrijo

Can singo chip in some coin

What's it cost to run the club

When the extra money comes from tv will it be break even

PHANTOM

The Russian ship is sailing into Brisbane waters. Dont believe all this media hype its all rubbish. I have said it 100 times it just takes time.Once it happens i will break the news a day before papers just to prove im not talking shit, then PHANTOM will retire.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Ray Gatt@Gatty54 1m
Mariners deal done. Papers to be signed off tomorrow. Mike Charlesworth now controlling owner. Club in good hands

That's good....but so far all we have is one newspaper saying another newspaper is full of shit. Waiting for something a bit more concrete (though I do have 100% confidence in Gatt over this)

Who is Charlesworth anyway?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred