• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Trial matches 2010...

Wilsons

marinermick said:
Wilsons said:
kevrenor said:
Wilsons said:
curious said:
Broadmeadow Magic V CC Lightning
1st grd 5-1
u23 1-0
u18 3-2

Sheesh

1. It is only trials
2. You don't think Magic are quality? (I've only seen a couple of NBN league games but I'd say it is a little bit above Super League).

1. I understand
2. Magic are quality. NBN is not above State League!

he didn't say state league, he said super league

You should become my sub-editor Mick.

Anyways Super League is above State League and the Magic are above neither with the exception of old mate Peter Haynes and maybe Shaun Matthews,nearly all of the superstar Newcastle boys that have come down to the coast have been far from good. Ok in the 20's but have not been able to make us competitive in the State Leagues/Super or Premier!! A number of the Magic first team have come to the coast and either trialled and not made it or have been poor when playing for the coast.

ccf

So you are saying Lightning are s... if Magic are no good then it follows!!!  Yes I know these are only trials.

grendel

Wilsons said:
marinermick said:
Wilsons said:
kevrenor said:
Wilsons said:
curious said:
Broadmeadow Magic V CC Lightning
1st grd 5-1
u23 1-0
u18 3-2

Sheesh

1. It is only trials
2. You don't think Magic are quality? (I've only seen a couple of NBN league games but I'd say it is a little bit above Super League).

1. I understand
2. Magic are quality. NBN is not above State League!

he didn't say state league, he said super league

You should become my sub-editor Mick.

Anyways Super League is above State League and the Magic are above neither with the exception of old mate Peter Haynes and maybe Shaun Matthews,nearly all of the superstar Newcastle boys that have come down to the coast have been far from good. Ok in the 20's but have not been able to make us competitive in the State Leagues/Super or Premier!! A number of the Magic first team have come to the coast and either trialled and not made it or have been poor when playing for the coast.
If we're getting picky about it, NBN is the 1st tier State League for NNSW Football, whereas Super League is the 2nd tier of the FootballNSW State League.  You could argue that the standard of talent in NNSW is less than the FNSW competition but you'd be there till the cows came home and it would reach the heights of "my dad's bigger than your dad!"

curious

I'm afraid the 4 top nnsw state league clubs are a class above most in super league, Wilson. They are about the level of the bottom half of PL. Make no mistake, they are a top side along with several others. A friends son plays with magic and I attend games with him, seeing many trials the last few years against Pl sides including their sister club a number of times, Bankstown Lions. It's also not the first time I've seen lightning thrashed by one of the top sides in the last few years, and that's no shame to them as you can see below.

magic's other trials with PL sides so far this year have been a 1-1 draw with Bonnyrigg and a 1-2 loss to Marconi
edgworth also had a 2-2 draw with manly

Wilsons

Lightning lost 1 nil to Manly goal in 89th min..Curious with all due respect I think I am a little more qualified to have an opinion on this discussion.

marinermick

Wilsons said:
Lightning lost 1 nil to Manly goal in 89th min..Curious with all due respect I think I am a little more qualified to have an opinion on this discussion.

even though you have played in both leagues it is still your opinion wilsons

the standard of the NNSW state league is very, very high and i believe as curious as said the top four teams are better than lightning

Wilsons

I do not agree. John Bennis who is a superstar in Newcastle was a complete muppet at the coast I could name a dozen or so!! we have many players from local premier league who go up there and perform very well. In the last 5 years It is the first time I have been beaten by a team from Newy and the oposition include.Edgeworth,The Magic,Azzuri,Lake Macquarie,Phoenix,Hamilton, Toronto and Western.

curious

Wilsons said:
What is the qualification required to have an opinion? You may have meant to say "my opinion may be a little more qualified"?

I do not agree. John Bennis who is a superstar in Newcastle was a complete muppet at the coast I could name a dozen or so!! we have many players from local premier league who go up there and perform very well. In the last 5 years It is the first time I have been beaten by a team from Newy and the oposition include.Edgeworth,The Magic,Azzuri,Lake Macquarie,Phoenix,Hamilton, Toronto and Western.
You don't remember being beaten by Azzurri at Highfeilds about 3 years ago in preseason, with Simon, Porter and Boogard all playing with lightning? I remember sitting next to Nigal's dad to watch the game.

marinermick

I also remember one Wilsons not performing anywhere near as good in the NNSW comp as compared to the lightning team.

curious

You must remember the newcastle boys Troy Halpin, Josh Mitchel and Haynsey (that i can remember) that played together for lightning then? Pretty shite players though.  ;) Nigel Boogard? Another shite player.  ;)
If they are still there, you presently have at least two nnswsl players in the lightning squad, Dane Fearnly and the little bloke from Phoenix. Cannot remember his name. His brother played nsl.

Wilsons

What about the winners against UTS ACPE and making the Australian Team..Not the Micky Mouse team aka the green and gold team..The real deal..Must of done something right

Ranyen

WAA5 Tuggerah Def Doylason 3 - 1 last Sunday.

Next trial match - Tuggerah V Wyong 21st March

We were meant to play mountains, but they pulled out.
Last time I heard, we were trying to get a game with Kariong :)

Wilsons

Troy Halpin was poo to great. Josh Mitchell outstanding see new signing thread.Haynesy was above average too very very good (even better at the minute).Boogs was good keegs was better. Shaun Matthews good, Smithy average, Beckler average, Thomas and Bingley average. Pete Ritchie good, Ricky Metcalf good to average, Mick Willliams good to very good,Jamie Subat poo,Macguire good. And they are the ones I can remeber off  the top of my head.

marinermick

Wilsons said:
What about the winners against UTS ACPE and making the Australian Team..Not the Micky Mouse team aka the green and gold team..The real deal..Must of done something right

geez mate, i was on the committee most years that picked the green and gold team

of course there was going to be an over-representation of newie players and you know it was only a paper team with subjective selections

was worth coping so much shit from the UNSW coach year after year to do so

marinermick

marinermick said:
Wilsons said:

geez mate, i was on the committee most years that picked the green and gold team

of course there was going to be an over-representation of newie players and you know it was only a paper team with subjective selections

was worth coping so much shit from the UNSW coach year after year to do so though

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred