• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

trial games/results

marinermick

Bearinator said:
mariners4ever said:
marinermick said:
8:30am game this sunday at narara valley high - ouch

be careful mick, that oval is TERRIBLE, goalmouth ditches and not a great deal of good field areas without ditches/bumps. so better strap your ankles/knees 

played there last week Harry, its not to bad tbh

yeah it was ok

i didn't injure myself so it must have been passable

mariners4ever

Bearinator said:
mariners4ever said:
marinermick said:

be careful mick, that oval is TERRIBLE, goalmouth ditches and not a great deal of good field areas without ditches/bumps. so better strap your ankles/knees 

played there last week Harry, its not to bad tbh
fair enough
it was pretty bad on tuesday night at training

Ted

Killarney 35Cs defeated Budgewoi 35Ds 5-4.

Not a bad effort by the boys considering the Budge 35D coach was the ref.

BAD BULLZ

Kanwal went to moorebank last night for a trial reserves got beat 4-1 but it was alot closer game then it sounds just they took there chances we didnt i got to play a full half for rezzys in midfield farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkk me its "slighty" different to aa7s loved it think i went alright not sensational but its a big step up and its comin slowly.

1sts got called off after like 5mins due to lightening storm long way to go for a called off match but it was in the intrests of player safety i guess.

Ted

Well we (AA3) copped an an absolute flogging today. I had organised to borrow a few extra players, but they failed to turn up. Started with 10 on the pitch and then reduced to 9. Budgewoi had a full team and the constant subbing of fresh players just run us ragged. Stopped counting goals against us once they were well into double figures. Very dissapointing to say the least.

marinermick

Ted said:
Well we (AA3) copped an an absolute flogging today. I had organised to borrow a few extra players, but they failed to turn up. Started with 10 on the pitch and then reduced to 9. Budgewoi had a full team and the constant subbing of fresh players just run us ragged. Stopped counting goals against us once they were well into double figures. Very dissapointing to say the least.

constant subbing when we had the bare eleven got us as well, 3-1 down

only ot an extra in the second but we were carrying a couple of injuries and they scored two very late goals

again we had most of the play and opportunities but could not convert

kareem did a great job of reffing us (except for the missed handball in the box which had their defender rubbing his forearm because it hit him there so hard)

Ted

marinermick said:
Ted said:

constant subbing when we had the bare eleven got us as well, 3-1 down

only ot an extra in the second but we were carrying a couple of injuries and they scored two very late goals

again we had most of the play and opportunities but could not convert

kareem did a great job of reffing us (except for the missed handball in the box which had their defender rubbing his forearm because it hit him there so hard)

Yep, hard to keep going when you have a new sub marking you every 5 minutes. I had already filled in for another AA team prior ours, so i was knackered before our game started.

I think O35Cs are up against Ourimbah 35s next week and and there is no game for AA3.

Redline

Well Woy Woy  MAA6s beat Kariong 3-0 this morning...was a smaller pitch as it was on a junior rugby league pitch...bobbly as all hell. I played RB/RWB...coach runs a 5-3-2 and the wing backs have license to run the length of the pitch. Reasonably happy with how I went, considering I've never played a proper competitive game. Seem like a good bunch of guys...I've forgotten half their names though..it'll take a while to get those down pat. Our main keeper wasnt there today, so our 2nd played...he's a bloody brick wall!

trev

thought it was you that played against us ted, i was playing keeper in the AA6's game we drew 2 all

Part_Timer

morisset vs doylo

ressie 1-4 doylo  (closer game than sounds morisset missed 2 pens :S and spayed numerous chances)

first 3-1 doylo (score also doesnt do game justice, we scored first only to run out of gas in midfield)
well done doylo

Ted

trev said:
thought it was you that played against us ted, i was playing keeper in the AA6's game we drew 2 all

yeah mate that was me. the old man as some of your team mates referred to me as, lol.

wish my own game had as good a result.

kanewillow

simmette said:
marinermick said:

the game is so early because some of the Gosford City boys will be playing in cricket semi's at 12 for Lisarow (Club Championship winners again) and need to be at the grounds about 11am

club champion ship means nothing because there will be beers drank when the wyong boys bring the first grade title you bewdy

grendel

marinermick said:

So you're suggesting he had no chance to move his arm?  That sounds like it wasn't deliberate - let's get it right at the start of the season shall we - not DELIBERATE - Not handball, penalty box or otherwise

BAD BULLZ

Kanwal reserves and 1sts went down to moorebank on saturday night short numbers so i got a run :thumbup:

reserves lost 4-1 was not that much in it overall
and 1sts got cancelled due to servere lightning storm

Kanwal aa1s lost 3-2 to berklyvale :(
18s won against berklyvale 3nil i got to fill in and scored a header Kanwal 18s will win the comp if they stay consistent imo from what saw played sexy sexy football

marinermick

grendel said:
marinermick said:

So you're suggesting he had no chance to move his arm?  That sounds like it wasn't deliberate - let's get it right at the start of the season shall we - not DELIBERATE - Not handball, penalty box or otherwise

it did hit him from a kick twenty yards away so i guess he did have time to move his arm

just because it hurt him doesn't mean it wasn't a pen

Kareem

Ourimbah played Wyoming

Reserves- 0-2. Wyoming scored  tap in from very ordinary defence late in 1st half
They then scored an absolute screamer far post- brilliant goal- followed by a humerous celebration (a not as impressive cartwheel). They had majority of possession 2nd half
As one of our coaches said- there won't be any teams like them in div1, probably not many 1st grade teams like Wyoming reserves in div1)

1sts- 3-0. Really unlucky for our boys- especially with the goals. Scoreline was a bit unfair but oh well. Our boys played well against wat is IMO going to be a team battling Budgie for Premier League this year!

northernspirit

Ted said:
trev said:

yeah mate that was me. the old man as some of your team mates referred to me as, lol.

wish my own game had as good a result.
Ted it was always going to be a tough ask for 10 and often only 9 men against 15/16 guys in that heat. As soon as one of their boys was feeling the pinch a new fresh sub would come on and with their extra numbers as soon as we were getting the ball there were 2 or 3 of them to one of us due to their extra numbers.

I thought some signs were good, of course the passing needs major improvement so maybe we need to do some 2 v 2 stuff at training... wouldnt worry about the fitness too much as we are all getting there, when its 11 v 11 with subs it will be a different story... the heat yesterday only added to that problem

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred