• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

trial games/results

W

Wilson

Budgewoi MPL travelled up to Toronto.

Reserve grade got beat 2-1
First Grade had a 3-3 draw. Missed a penalty just on fulltime and the tap in rebound.

grendel

marinermick said:
grendel said:
marinermick said:
kareem did a great job of reffing us (except for the missed handball in the box which had their defender rubbing his forearm because it hit him there so hard)

So you're suggesting he had no chance to move his arm?  That sounds like it wasn't deliberate - let's get it right at the start of the season shall we - not DELIBERATE - Not handball, penalty box or otherwise

it did hit him from a kick twenty yards away so i guess he did have time to move his arm

just because it hurt him doesn't mean it wasn't a pen

Fair enough...sounds like a Mile jedinak shot!  Why would you get in the way of that?

Ted

northernspirit said:
Ted said:
trev said:
thought it was you that played against us ted, i was playing keeper in the AA6's game we drew 2 all

yeah mate that was me. the old man as some of your team mates referred to me as, lol.

wish my own game had as good a result.
Ted it was always going to be a tough ask for 10 and often only 9 men against 15/16 guys in that heat. As soon as one of their boys was feeling the pinch a new fresh sub would come on and with their extra numbers as soon as we were getting the ball there were 2 or 3 of them to one of us due to their extra numbers.

I thought some signs were good, of course the passing needs major improvement so maybe we need to do some 2 v 2 stuff at training... wouldnt worry about the fitness too much as we are all getting there, when its 11 v 11 with subs it will be a different story... the heat yesterday only added to that problem

Maintaining possession is where we failed miserably.

marinermick

grendel said:
marinermick said:
grendel said:
marinermick said:
kareem did a great job of reffing us (except for the missed handball in the box which had their defender rubbing his forearm because it hit him there so hard)

So you're suggesting he had no chance to move his arm?  That sounds like it wasn't deliberate - let's get it right at the start of the season shall we - not DELIBERATE - Not handball, penalty box or otherwise

it did hit him from a kick twenty yards away so i guess he did have time to move his arm

Fair enough...sounds like a Mile jedinak shot!  Why would you get in the way of that?

kareem reffed well

i'm sure if he saw he would have given it

northernspirit

Ted said:
northernspirit said:
Ted said:
trev said:
thought it was you that played against us ted, i was playing keeper in the AA6's game we drew 2 all

yeah mate that was me. the old man as some of your team mates referred to me as, lol.

wish my own game had as good a result.
Ted it was always going to be a tough ask for 10 and often only 9 men against 15/16 guys in that heat. As soon as one of their boys was feeling the pinch a new fresh sub would come on and with their extra numbers as soon as we were getting the ball there were 2 or 3 of them to one of us due to their extra numbers.

I thought some signs were good, of course the passing needs major improvement so maybe we need to do some 2 v 2 stuff at training... wouldnt worry about the fitness too much as we are all getting there, when its 11 v 11 with subs it will be a different story... the heat yesterday only added to that problem

Maintaining possession is where we failed miserably.
that should be our main focus, fitness comes as we practice these things - 2 v 2 possession games (i.e no shooting) is what we probably need to be doing... practicing making and using space and keeping possession

Redline

I' always thought the possession work the Mariners did in the circle of witches hats before games was really good. Do any teams actually do that sort of thing?

tikky

grendel said:
marinermick said:
grendel said:
marinermick said:

+ 1
But if the ball was 20 yards away who would get hurt from a MAA kick? It would have to surely be a Mrdja (by accident) or Jedinak (on purpose) style kick.

Sounds like the Gamba penalty vs Manure in CWC, except that it got called (sucked in Manure)

EDIT: found the clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHbpboq8bfU
7 minutes in, the commentators were saying that some referees give it some don't. After the replay they said the penalty call was harsh. Oh the offending player was Neville.
Maybe a bad example considering that was CWC vs. MAA :ashamed:

Ted

Redline said:
I' always thought the possession work the Mariners did in the circle of witches hats before games was really good. Do any teams actually do that sort of thing?

Yep, both the teams I coach are required to do it.

offtheball

BAD BULLZ said:
Kanwal reserves and 1sts went down to moorebank on saturday night short numbers so i got a run :thumbup:

reserves lost 4-1 was not that much in it overall
and 1sts got cancelled due to servere lightning storm

Kanwal aa1s lost 3-2 to berklyvale :(
18s won against berklyvale 3nil i got to fill in and scored a header Kanwal 18s will win the comp if they stay consistent imo from what saw played sexy sexy football

Not exactly an outlandish prediction since they won the Champion of Champions as 17 year olds!

Ted

Seems we wont get to play Ourimbah AA6 on the 29th.
KDSC are finding it hard to secure a field for us to use.
:(

BAD BULLZ

offtheball said:
BAD BULLZ said:
Kanwal reserves and 1sts went down to moorebank on saturday night short numbers so i got a run :thumbup:

reserves lost 4-1 was not that much in it overall
and 1sts got cancelled due to servere lightning storm

Kanwal aa1s lost 3-2 to berklyvale :(
18s won against berklyvale 3nil i got to fill in and scored a header Kanwal 18s will win the comp if they stay consistent imo from what saw played sexy sexy football

Not exactly an outlandish prediction since they won the Champion of Champions as 17 year olds!

Anything can happen from 1 year to the next i'm just saying they'll take it out this year if they played like4 they did on sunday throughout the season.

Ted

Have found a field for the Killarney v Ourimbah AA game. Will have more details soon....

Redline

Woy WOy seniors don't have another trial game til next sunday...times TBC....I move from Forster to Woy  Woy on the saturday :( I'm going to be wrecked BEFORE I get on the field.

Ted

My Killarney 13B team played our first trial game today. We were meant to play the Terrigal 12As, but ended up playing Terrigal 14Ds. Most of the team stood at the 6ft mark dwarfing my 95% of my team. We played some really nice football and held possession for most of the game. Getting anxious with our final touch, cost us a few easy goals. Happy with a nil all draw and good to see Sam keep a clean sheet in his first 'real' game as keeper.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred