• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

To the pitch invaders......

adz

Staff member
Horza said:
Whaddaya talking about? I'm sure Ex-Marinator is totally legit and no more a trolling sockpuppet than SydGirl.

note all: If you're going to pretend to be an ex-fan, it's usually better to build up a profile first. Barring that, go all out topgun-jimmy styles rather than this 'Dear Sirs, I am a longtime Moosetown FC fan but I have to admit that I was offended beyond words at their uncouth mannerisms and cocky stride as they walked onto the pitch last night...' guff

you're funny

BAD BULLZ

There is No way the cove were there in majority looking for trouble just like the majority of marinators were not the ones on the pitch or starting shit with the cove all teams have there vocal supporters group that everyone blames for trouble but they are usually the ones found trying to fix the problems.Yes we go marching down streets on away trips pub crawling and chanting but how is this hooligisim?It might look imtimidating but its part of the trip the walk to and from the station via the pubs is half the fun.When the marinators/cove or any other group chants at opposition supporters the the trouble only starts when the supporter who doesn't have a witty enough comment/chant to fire back with trys to fight. These people are not usually vocal supporters group members.
I have been assaulted by sydney fans a few times but i do not blame the cove for it at all.Its just random muppets the marjority of cove members are traditionally the BEST supporters to have a pre match beer and chant with.
When people go past you yelling out go sydey bragging about the score and stuff thats not hoolagisim thats just excited fans celebrating a we would've been doing the same thing had we won the best retaliation at this time is simple "we r top of the league" don't take offense.

P.s LOL my Grandparents bought the paper with them to xmas lunch tried telling me that i was the rooney look a like and that i should lay of the piss and start conducting myself more professionally ::)this is because in there opinion if your a mariners fan in trouble you must be a marinator and if a marinators causing trouble it must be me ::)

Bear

Eggy said:
P.s LOL my Grandparents bought the paper with them to xmas lunch tried telling me that i was the rooney look a like and that i should lay of the piss and start conducting myself more professionally ::)this is because in there opinion if your a mariners fan in trouble you must be a marinator and if a marinators causing trouble it must be me ::)

I see nothing wrong with there opinion of you egg ;)

Tassiemariner

I'm sure u've already read it but for those of you who boycott the Advocate.

http://www.expressadvocate.com.au/article/2007/12/27/5129_news.html

Crackdown on pitch invasions

PITCH invaders have been threatened with charges, fines and possible bans if there is a repeat of wild behaviour at Saturday night's Mariners clash with Sydney FC.

Bluetongue Stadium managing director Monique Marks has vowed there will be ``no other warnings'' for unruly fans who run on to the field.

Mrs Marks took the tough stand ahead of Monday night's A-League clash between the Central Coast Mariners and Melbourne Victory, when a bumper crowd is expected.

The move follows as many as 75 supporters entering the field at the northern end of the ground after Saturday night's epic match.

While Mrs Marks conceded the extraordinary 5-4 result would have made people ``emotional'', she said it would not be toletated a second time.

However, Mrs Marks said emotion would count for nothing if there was a repeat of Saturday night's wild behaviour at future games.

``I don't believe the majority of people who did it knew what they were doing - it was a controlled emotion, they weren't agressive or violent,'' she said.

Under State Government laws, fines of up to $5500 can be issued, as well as year-long bans. Should an invader try to re-enter the stadium during that 12-month period, there was the capacity to ban them for life.

Mrs Marks' stance was supported by Marinators president David Redden, who helped police and security guards remove supporters from the field.

He said a significant proportion of those involved were aged between 16-20 and were ``expressing themselves with impaired judgment''.

``Virtually none of the regular Marinators joined in and we don't condone what happened in any way,'' Mr Redden said.

``We have full and unconditional support for the stadium and the players.

``It's a nightmare for security and police and we just don't need it happening.''

Part_Timer

Eggy said:

looks just like you eggy (if you were a hobbit maybe ?)

Sean

Foriegnmariner said:
I'm sure u've already read it but for those of you who boycott the Advocate.

http://www.expressadvocate.com.au/article/2007/12/27/5129_news.html

Crackdown on pitch invasions

PITCH invaders have been threatened with charges, fines and possible bans if there is a repeat of wild behaviour at Saturday night's Mariners clash with Sydney FC.

Bluetongue Stadium managing director Monique Marks has vowed there will be ``no other warnings'' for unruly fans who run on to the field.

Mrs Marks took the tough stand ahead of Monday night's A-League clash between the Central Coast Mariners and Melbourne Victory, when a bumper crowd is expected.

The move follows as many as 75 supporters entering the field at the northern end of the ground after Saturday night's epic match.

While Mrs Marks conceded the extraordinary 5-4 result would have made people ``emotional'', she said it would not be toletated a second time.

However, Mrs Marks said emotion would count for nothing if there was a repeat of Saturday night's wild behaviour at future games.

``I don't believe the majority of people who did it knew what they were doing - it was a controlled emotion, they weren't agressive or violent,'' she said.

Under State Government laws, fines of up to $5500 can be issued, as well as year-long bans. Should an invader try to re-enter the stadium during that 12-month period, there was the capacity to ban them for life.

Mrs Marks' stance was supported by Marinators president David Redden, who helped police and security guards remove supporters from the field.

He said a significant proportion of those involved were aged between 16-20 and were ``expressing themselves with impaired judgment''.

``Virtually none of the regular Marinators joined in and we don't condone what happened in any way,'' Mr Redden said.

``We have full and unconditional support for the stadium and the players.

``It's a nightmare for security and police and we just don't need it happening.''

I read this.

Good stuff from the Auburnator, im very happy that they got in touch with us and made sure our input was included, but im very tired of all this anti-football crowd nonsense and really think these journos should put more effort into supporting the team, getting behind the coasts boys instead of taking every opportunity to add a negative to something so so special to this area.

fish

Troy said:
serious14 said:
0,,5813250,00.jpg

"Whadda mean we can't root our sisters"

Thats the funniest caption ever lol

Alicia

It wasn't an ideal situation; the games result, or the "pitch invasion".

I'm not about to lay blame on either supporters groups for any or all actions, as no one person can be present for every little fisty cuffs, sledging, or commendations.

However I would like to thank and congratulate the core marinators for not participating in this behaviour.  I think that shows how far the core group of supporters have come, and we as a group need to continue our efforts to get the word out and show mariners fans it's okay to support your team passionatly...within reason.  We need to lead by example and show others that our actions, do reflect on the team and the Central Coast Mariners as a club.

I am dissapointed with the Express Advocate with their front page display of Friday 28th's edition.  The front page of the paper show's the above picture, with the heading "Be Warned".  To holiday goers, and any people who (have been living under a rock) are not aware of our local team, that headline to me says, Be Warned, you shouldn't go to a Mariners game, or you shouldn't take your family to the games.  I realise with further reading and thanks to Auburn, The Marinators Club President the article does go into more detail.  However, I would have thought one of the sponsors of the Central Coast Mariners would have put more thought into their headline.

Please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, but if that was my first reaction, with knowing most of the details of the "incident" what would other people think?

marinermick

despite all this hype the paper reported that only three people were ejected for the wrong behaviour

compare this with the cricket on boxing day where there were over 100 ejections and this puts all those negative types saying that we are badly behaved to bed

perspective please...

you go to any nightclub on a saturday night with the same amount of alcohol involved and you get many more ejections, fights and bad behaviour

Part_Timer

marinermick said:
you go to any nightclub on a saturday night with the same amount of alcohol involved and you get many more ejections, fights and bad behaviour

and some bad dancing too....

Pokes

My boyfriend pointed out to me after the game...notice that not one of the people who attempted to run onto the pitch had a jersey on, or even any yellow?

There really is a difference in the people who come because they love and appreciate the game, and those who come to get pissed, and talk the entire way through.

Shame, shame. Hopefully there won't be a repeat at the Melbourne game. Was a terrible way to ruin what was an amazing, amazing game (even if we didn't win! Although it would have been nice...)

uncleyellow

forzamariners said:
when i saw the pitch invaders i was concerned for my safety  :'(

I hope you seriously were not concerned for your safety. I was in bay 15, 90% of the children (thats it, they were children, not adults) that ran down there didnt know what they were doing, they just stood around and laughed, along with the some security guards. (I saw at least three of them laughing with each other). It had to be the most UN violent, semi pitch invasion ever!! they hardly made it onto the pitch...

There was a small scuffle...but...

If that scared you!! Geez... ???

loyalist

uncleyellow said:
forzamariners said:

I hope you seriously were not concerned for your safety. I was in bay 15, 90% of the children (thats it, they were children, not adults) that ran down there didnt know what they were doing, they just stood around and laughed, along with the some security guards. (I saw at least three of them laughing with each other). It had to be the most UN violent, semi pitch invasion ever!! they hardly made it onto the pitch...

Not so much i was scared but my young children were scared at what looked from afar to be a very hostile situation, they are not sure if they want to return to mariners games from now on

Andy

forzamariners said:
uncleyellow said:
forzamariners said:

Not so much i was scared but my young children were scared at what looked from afar to be a very hostile situation, they are not sure if they want to return to mariners games from now on

;D

FFC Mariner

I was in bay 15 and all I saw was a group of non yellow wearing, pissed up children trying to be really naughty.

Erina Fair on a Friday is more threatening if teens running amok concerns you :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred