• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

To the pitch invaders......

Andy

awayday said:
Greenpoleffc said:
After tonight, I am starting to have a lot of sympathy for the Tards fans.

What a bunch of wanky twats a lot of the Bling fans were - intent on trouble and more like squadrunts than what we usually see from them.

how many melbourne vs sydney games have you been to at the telstra dome?

i cant believe there is even a thread on this barley anything happened.

I've got a question for you;

Why are you still here?

tyson

Greenpoleffc said:
Did anyone else see the poor family who had their car attacked under the Baker St car park (by Bling fans) while 6 police walked slowly behind them??

this probably happened not long after i drove past them. a bunch of kids being 'greenstreet hooligans' and some bling fans making stupid chants... ironically, one chant was 'anti-social football hooligans' ...hmmm.

my mum was actually scared of them and hid our mariners shirts. pretty disgraceful from the sack 'em fans.

jubal1

Sad to see once again the holier than thou attitude from some of the marinators, especially around events that none of them witnessed (melbourne especially), we've always had a heathy rivalry with the marinators, something that most of us welcome and enjoy.

But i'd suggest that you  should clean your own house before commenting on ours. I don't recall a single trip to Gosford that did not include some drunken local prat assulting one or more of our fans either in the ground or outside it. Your fans are far from the saints that some of you seem to believe.

It's worth pointing out that the aggro outside the Leagues club was started by a drunken aggressive Mariners fan (who had been giving us shit all night from the bays above us) who was bashing on our drum, despite being warned off numerous times. It might sound innocuous, but the guys actions were very provocative given that emotions were running high, its a good job cooler heads prevailed on both sides.

Are there stupid aggressive Sydney 'fans' who try it on?, of course there are, but for every one of them there are 100 of us who will do everything to stop them, just like you guys. I get tired of getting between these clowns and their targets, but I'll keep doing it while I have breath in my body.

Some of you need to climb down from that high horse that you're on and quit making idiotic comments about things that you know nothing about.

Omni

I don't recall a trip to Sydney that didn't involve "some drunken local prat assaulting one or more of our fans" either. (Myself included, walking to the train station and not trying to stir anything, just wearing yellow, trust me I'm a slight man I don't stir trouble.)

Gen (MarinerMum)

If you think that was a pitch invasion my goodness, we are pathetic at it.  They all stopped at the second lot of advertising, no one went any further. 

Last night passions were hight, you don't have to simply blame alcohol, I would have thought that I would never have done anything, or thrown anything or spat on someone, but gee, I really felt that if I did nothing, all that our boys had done was ruined by one man in a black shirt, in the middle of the field.  THAT WAS A PITCH INVASION.

radar

"You guys are an embarassment to the league with the sort of behaviour we saw tonight."

I'll post this on the FC forum then. That shit you drunken f**kin' idiots were getting up to outside the club was disgraceful.

March on, you bandwagoneers.

kevrenor

I didn't see any problems outside so can't comment.  There are always drunken fools trying to be hard, usually in the most cowardly way but both clubs have them as so called fans.

In regard to the subject of this thread: when the players were coming over to thank us for support a couple of guys I''ve not seen before, totally tanked, opened the gate and staggered onto the field.  At this the assorted emos and a few very young Mariners fans in the front of Bay 16 though that it must be OK to follow.  They rushed forward and leaned on the advertising - which of course is just leant back on the supports - so it fell over with them on it. 

Meanwhile where were the security and police .... thinking about their choice of maccas on the way home!  It was left to our club people, including Ivan and Lyle himself to sort it out.

If (when) the club gets fined they should be deducting it from the security and police bill. 

Generally though it was our fans wanting to get close to our own players in support.  Invasion? Technically yes.  A riot, get away!  The Fox footage did indeed show it as a happy drunken few and a kiddies rabble.

EastEnder

I was at the back of Bay 14 with Sacko and a few others and thought the 'pitch invasion' looked great, it wasn't a violent event and everyone had the sense to stop behind the second lot of advertising. Shame some took the advertising boards etc. but looked like good harmless fun all in all. Although as I was in Bay 14 I couldn't make out the altercation near the end when everyone was leaving the pitch. Did something escalate then?

More worrying I found, was the little bird (15 or 16) down the front of 14 who was being led out by OB only a minute or two into the game and couldn't walk she was so pissed, tried to grab onto the fence along the front row but grabbed the gate that leads on to the field and went face first through the gate. Quite funny at the time, but quite a shame how a girl can get herself so f'ked up so early.

tyson

yeh she was planning on going to the Daft Punk show in sydney but got so smashed she went to the wrong venue. Probably disappointed there was no neon pyramid and no 'robot rock' or 'around the world'.

as for the incident at the end, i think some drunk macho fool with a southern cross tattoo refused to leave and tried assaulting them so they tried arresting him and other drunks tried helping them out.

as for the rest of them... it was just kids having fun, trying to get closer to the players and from my observation, the 2 or 3 security didnt seem to care until people started ruining the sponsor boards... then things got a little nasty and stupid.

but as i said earlier... i still dont condone running onto the pitch...

Part_Timer

there is nothing wrong with having a southern cross tattoo.....i was behind these twats atthe game..obviously blow ins as they asked me how much extra time would be played after a draw.. :O to anyone who ran onto the field you are a fool...there were a few youngsters on the train i was on the way home, saying how cool it was to run onto the field, thats when i flew into a rant about how much damage they had done to the mariners and marinators image..they looked stunned and went on about how they didnt know it wasnt aloud they were just following there friends...its the myspace thats warping there brains haha

poetryintheblood

Maybe it's just me, or the fact that I'm merely female but I see police presence is far more hefty when Sydney are up here? I know bantering goes on with all sides we play, but Sydney for some reason are real dirty and seem to always be out for some kind of blood or incident. The pitch invaders caused us being labeled unruly amongst other things, and as a close knit and passionate Mariners community I know that's not true, so yeah didn't do us any favors, only added to the blings happiness in fact, but Breeze set off a lot of people last night,and I guess hot heads don't think rationally, I for one was very revved up, seeing our boys treated like crap always gets to me, and last nights game was as corrupt as any politician.

S

Sydgirl

I've just got back to Sydney from a 2 day Christmas cruise for work, so missed the game and had no access to internet etc.  After reading all this and the other threads my head is spinning (I need a BEX and a good lay down).
Fortunately I have IQ'd the match on Foxtel and will watch tonight. I'll get back with my thoughts then - can't comment on what I don't know, but sounds like Sydney disgraced themselves both on and off the field - fan bloody tastic!!!! :fireup:

kevrenor

poetryintheblood said:
Maybe it's just me, or the fact that I'm merely female but I see police presence is far more hefty when Sydney are up here?
Easy over-time and fits a 12 hour shift.

mariners4ever

it really is a f**king disgrace, we are top of the league and all we need is articles for all the crap reasons, heff gone for the season, breeze ref for the derby, more injuries fustrating our charge for the title and players suspended

Gen (MarinerMum)

I've just read the hearld and dummygraph and no mention of any trouble.  More hyp here than the papers.  The picture just looks like kids keen

krusty

I sit in bay 17 to all the marinators well done telling the idiots to get off the pitch.It was a great game i was so proud of the boys lets have that atmosphere at all the games it was fantastic.Go YOU YELLOW

serious14

"Mariners supporters get rowdy after the final whistle" combined with a postage stamp sized photo of some of the kids "confronting" security in the Telegraph, and nothing more.  Surely it couldn't be that the media is starting to learn how to report on something like this responsibly??    I have a suspicion that if this happened in Season 1 there would have been a front page "Soccer Hooligans" headline.......

Surely the wankstains at News Limited havn't woken up to themselves??  Surely??

M

mariners_4_ever

its bad because the ones that only have started to join the mariners and starting to support them get drunk and make complete idiots of themselves and ruin it for the marinators that are there for every game. they dont realise that the papers are going to be writing about this it was really digusting its a shame to see supporters do this its only the fun of the game but people decide to take it too far.

im glad to say that our boys put 150% into that match and everyone i know cant wait until the nye match at BT
:pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

serious14

0,,5813250,00.jpg

Wayne Rooney was at the game last night??  :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred