• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

To the pitch invaders......

MrCelery

uncleyellow said:
forzamariners said:
when i saw the pitch invaders i was concerned for my safety  :'(

I hope you seriously were not concerned for your safety. I was in bay 15, 90% of the children (thats it, they were children, not adults) that ran down there didnt know what they were doing, they just stood around and laughed, along with the some security guards. (I saw at least three of them laughing with each other). It had to be the most UN violent, semi pitch invasion ever!! they hardly made it onto the pitch...

There was a small scuffle...but...

If that scared you!! Geez... ???

As an old NSL supporter, this thread makes me laugh. What a fuss about nothing.

Just be thankful that it's not like the bad old days where fans chased each other around the pitch with corner posts, knifes were pulled on pregnant women, goalkeepers punched and kicked fans (a la Cantona), missiles were thrown, and away supporters bus windows were smashed and pelted with rocks\bricks.

That's not condoning the idiots that are currently making fools of themselves and putting the Club at risk of a fine. These idiots are NOT football fans concerned about the sport. Just drunken immature louts.

The positive out of all of this was that it had no affect on the next match attendance!

Personally I was more distraught and disgusted about our defensive effort on the park than any minor 'argy bargy' in the stands.

But a bit of perspective is needed. Just don't expect local paper to have any.

It's already been said, but football matches in Oz are also sooo tame these days when compared to other codes. Don't let a biased media fool you into thinking otherwise.

We done to those who assisted on the night, and Eggy, stay just as you are, mate - shirtless, harmeless(to others) and unprofessional!

uncleyellow

IMO children shouldnt be anywhere near bay 16.... its a big stadium with much better veiwpoints.

You should be taking the where they wont feel so scared maybe. :-\

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred