• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Stajcic Era, a Partnership of desperates or a Marriage Made in Heaven?

Pirate Pete

Pretty sure that’s the first time we scored 3 goals all season, I want to see Simon benched and Jem as captain for the rest of the season. Weird feeling being a winner. Simon wouldn’t have scored in that game.
I was going to write exactly the same thing regarding Simon not being able to score the goal Murray got.
Some pimply kid in the queue for burgers at the back of the hill would have copped a Simon shot on the back of the head.

BaysideMariner

I was going to write exactly the same thing regarding Simon not being able to score the goal Murray got.
Some pimply kid in the queue for burgers at the back of the hill would have copped a Simon shot on the back of the head.
It's Simon not Kwasnik
Funniest thing I have read today.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Just saw the SMH headline
Mariners go from tragic to magic under Stajcic ...try saying that after six schooners and a rum or three

Forum Phoenix

Pretty sure that’s the first time we scored 3 goals all season, I want to see Simon benched and Jem as captain for the rest of the season. Weird feeling being a winner. Simon wouldn’t have scored in that game.

No way Simmo scores that first one Murray scores. But our attack was almost 3 attacks, 3 goals. Can’t expect that ratio to hold up. But building from the back is a no brainer.

We still ran out of puff by the end. Jem looks fitter than everyone else and he’s been here the shortest. Ridiculous.

Tevor

Staj was spotted at this Sydney v City game tonight.
Did Mulvey ever bother to watch upcoming opposition in person?
Mulvey didn't even watch the HAL for about 4 years let alone attending other games. However I do recall in January there was two of our clubs personnel at a Melbourne game. Pretty Shaun was one of them and possibly Mulvey, that was when there was rumors about Fornaroli.

If he has gone there to watch because City is one of our up and coming games and it's easy for him to get there then this is the kind of attitude I like in a Manager. So far I'm very happy with what I've seen over a very a short period of time and if he can keep it up for another 5 games then I think the Club would need a good reason not to give him a crack at it for at least 2 years. Breath of fresh air having a Manager that had a game plan then also made some adjustments on the fly during the game. I know there was a bit of luck however finally some had to come our way, glad we won other wise the extremely soft pen awarded to the diving snake would have overshadowed the good points of the game.

Others have said it already, it wasn't just a win but beating the scum (especially when Snake O'Donovan had a few pops at us before the game) was something special and now if they don't make the top 6 it will be just icing on the cake knowing we did that to them.

I did notice he keeps mentioning he was in dark place before starting with us, seems this is all the motivation he needs to succeed which is a benefit because it could easily work in the opposite direction.

Michael

So.... Marco Kurz has been told he won’t get a new contract from Adelaide for some absolutely f**king unknown reason.

Surely, if Staj doesn’t end up working out we make a play for Marco? Or do we go for him anyway?

Forum Phoenix

Shame they weren’t competent enough to actually get a deal over the line though eh?

That we can’t keep our own youth products or NPL promotions I see as incompetence, mixed with a dash of the age of the agent and entitlement.

But I doubt this one came down to incompetence in negotiations. Much more likely all connected to on field and recent history.

Some people think all we have left to play for is pride and some well deserved respite for the fans. But they’re wrong.

We’re now playing for credibility. A credibility we have lost and has made it even harder to recover. To gain the confidence back of players and fans would be a monumental achievement by Staj.

To then build on it next year and push us back up the ladder would prove his worth in a way nothing else really could.

Mourinho needs money to be a champion. So did Arnie. Lawrie was one of those special managers imo with enough charisma and skill that he can inspire battlers into ferocious competitors and boys into men. Then combine the two and make a team far greater than the sum of its parts, capable of being champions.

But it’s a rare skill set.

Staj has shown superior tactical nouse in one game to his past four predecessors for mine. I’m hoping he has that extra dimension that can let the team with the least $ punch wellabove its weight again, ideally by playing great football like Betis in La Liga, but I’ll take McKinnas win ugly any day to Okon ball or similar.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
So.... Marco Kurz has been told he won’t get a new contract from Adelaide
Surely, if Staj doesn’t end up working out we make a play for Marco? Or do we go for him anyway?
I saw that and thought the same thing... An interesting conundrum

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb