• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Stajcic Era, a Partnership of desperates or a Marriage Made in Heaven?

Jacob

He might benefit from a drop back to NPL or a lower asian league for a season to get the drive to do more.
If he intends to keep football as his career a move to Asia might benefit him over a drop to NPL. Very hard to break back into an A-League squad after playing in the NPL.

Forum Phoenix

Hoole isn’t our worst and gets flamed more than he deserves imo. Stajic will see whether or not he fits, good call clearing the slate. We need to wash the memory of the last 12 months away and start fresh. Everyone gets a chance, they sink or swim from here on out. If he sinks, cool. Goodbye. If he swims, good.

Greenlig, I can’t remember where you’re based. Are you at live games? Was it you who used to be based in Japan?

I can live with Hooles hogging the ball at times and even his consistently turning back into trouble, but his movement off the ball is literally the worst in the team. Lazy in attack and in defence. I don’t know if it’s mental, fitness or both, but it’s shocking to watch in a young professional footballer.

Reason I ask is because that is not shown/evident with the TV coverage.

Last edited:

Ozhammer

I can live with Hooles hogging the ball at times and even his consistently turning back into trouble, but his movement off the ball is literally the worst in the team. Lazy in attack and in defence. I don’t know if it’s mental, fitness or both, but it’s shocking to watch in a young professional footballer.

Reason I ask is because that is not shown/evident with the TV coverage.
THIS absolutely.

Hoole’s stats are apparently the worst of the entire squad by some margin and he is fortunate Mulvey never bothered reviewing the reports that were produced after every game, otherwise he would surely have been called out.

I honestly cannot believe that Staj rates him highly as I am hearing, the bloke does too little, too sporadically to be any sort of real asset in games. Add to that his apparent disregard for club discipline and you end up with a worrying blend of chracteristics.

Hopefully our new coach will see that for himself quickly enough.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
“Hoole is not our worse and gets flamed more than most” ...really, well I reckon the only way he could get worse than his repetitive snap turns , crap passes and hogging the ball is to put on a pair of keepers gloves...If he survives into next season, I want his phone checked for blackmailable items his using on the club

turbo

I honestly cannot believe that Staj rates him highly as I am hearing

Not sure what you’re hearing but there could be a real win in silencing a dissenting/toxic voice in the dressing room. Who knows who he’s close with and a common enemy or frustration especially with an authority/boss can be a real bonding moment. If he gives Hoole a shot to get in the good books maybe he gets the best out of him or maybe he just gets him onside for a little bit but either is a positive.

FFC Mariner

Watch Hoole when we dont have the ball - I think he is actually incredibly dumb. He has no awareness of the game at all, he just stares (usually the wrong way)

Michael

I’m blown away that a Hoole Hate threat hasn’t been started.
I’d be a $1.10 fave for top poster in there.

adz

Staff member
2w6m6n.jpg

Forum Phoenix

It’s almost like having a back four and not having your players spread out up the park makes you more defensively sound. Weird.

Forum Phoenix

1 out of 1. :overheadl:

100% strike rate.

Should have signed a one game deal. Desire to quit now while he’s ahead must be very strong. May be another season before he gets another win.

In all seriousness. Great work. We had a bit of luck,but the passion, organisation and work was there. And his not starting Hoole was a key part of the reason we get a win and Kennedy playing like a completely different and proper keeper.

This week I hope he continues on defence, but also can spare time for a little work on attack.

Tevor

100% strike rate.

Should have signed a one game deal. Desire to quit now while he’s ahead must be very strong. May be another season before he gets another win.

In all seriousness. Great work. We had a bit of luck,but the passion, organisation and work was there. And his not starting Hoole was a key part of the reason we get a win and Kennedy playing like a completely different and proper keeper.

This week I hope he continues on defence, but also can spare time for a little work on attack.
Pretty sure that’s the first time we scored 3 goals all season, I want to see Simon benched and Jem as captain for the rest of the season. Weird feeling being a winner. Simon wouldn’t have scored in that game.

MagpieMariner

Pretty sure that’s the first time we scored 3 goals all season, I want to see Simon benched and Jem as captain for the rest of the season. Weird feeling being a winner. Simon wouldn’t have scored in that game.
No, we scored 3 against Roar, but they got 5. We have scored 3 goals twice this season, but we've had 3 against 10 times!

Reactions: adz

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred