• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Stajcic Era, a Partnership of desperates or a Marriage Made in Heaven?

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I hear fkn Hooles back in the squad, so much for punishment for breaking a club requirement, you would think that after all the BS that Staj has had to put up with from spoilt athletes, he’d put his foot down HARD...well one can only hope

Antlion

At the same time he needs ti get some points on the board and we lack players

I'm happy to support Staj's decisions for a while until he proves himself (or otherwise)

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
True but fkn Hoole only shows up 2 games a year , and by my count , his done his bit for this season

Michael

The article that was posted somewhere on here today said that Hoole will still be punished for break the clubs code of conduct.
Staj just sticking to his word of a clean slate for everyone. Pretty much meaning he’ll make his own opinion. And you can put money on it he’ll realise how much of an oxygen thief Hoole is.

nebakke

True but fkn Hoole only shows up 2 games a year , and by my count , his done his bit for this season

It's outlined fairly well in the article that someone posted here I think. Sounds like the club didn't have a chance to respond to the actual sanction request and Stajcic started that he'd like to try for a clean slate for all, which i guess sort of makes sense given the chance that at least some of them were just fed up with the old coach.
Hoole clearly is problematic but I see some reason in the overall approach so I'm moot stressed about him getting off cheap this time.

Ancient Mariner

The article that was posted somewhere on here today said that Hoole will still be punished for break the clubs code of conduct.
Staj just sticking to his word of a clean slate for everyone. Pretty much meaning he’ll make his own opinion. And you can put money on it he’ll realise how much of an oxygen thief Hoole is.

I would be pretty sure he knows this already. Unlike Mulvey he has been watching our past games.

greenlig

Hoole isn’t our worst and gets flamed more than he deserves imo. Stajic will see whether or not he fits, good call clearing the slate. We need to wash the memory of the last 12 months away and start fresh. Everyone gets a chance, they sink or swim from here on out. If he sinks, cool. Goodbye. If he swims, good.

turbo

Hoole isn’t our worst and gets flamed more than he deserves imo.

Theres a few things at play there IMO:
- corners and set pieces not up to scratch more often than not and that’s really frustrating to see as well as hurting our limited chances to score. Admittedly had a great patch mid way through the season when he scored a few.
- costs us enough to be a starter but doesn’t show enough to stay there very long
- seems to have attitude issues
- our attack and midfield going forward has been weak and we really need a CAM, he’s one of the candidates that could fill that role but hasn’t

I can see how he might tempt a coach into thinking they can bring out his best but that hasn’t happened consistently yet.

greenlig

- corners and set pieces not up to scratch more often than not and that’s really frustrating to see as well as hurting our limited chances to score.
I completely forgot about his crosses and corners. f**k me dead, does he bang them in at training or something?? I'm SHOCKED at how often he fails to clear the first man. Please bring back Monty's floated corners.

Michael

I’d argue he has shown at a maximum 5 matches in his entire career to date that he can play football. The other 148 have been wage theft.
I’d also argue he doesn’t get roasted enough.
I’d also like to add that he 1000% has attitude issues. Anyone with his face and haircut, on face value can be seen to have attitude issues.

Side note, he’s a scummer c**t that still hangs out with David Carney.

shipwreck

Watching the clip from training today, looks alot more professional and the boys looked a lot more fired up than I've previously seen under Mulvey.

I know it's early days but I really get the feeling he is gonna be a f**king great coach that we should keep and it'd the one time we don't lock in a coach long term and wish we had!

FFC Mariner

I’d argue he has shown at a maximum 5 matches in his entire career to date that he can play football. The other 148 have been wage theft.
I’d also argue he doesn’t get roasted enough.
I’d also like to add that he 1000% has attitude issues. Anyone with his face and haircut, on face value can be seen to have attitude issues.

Side note, he’s a scummer c**t that still hangs out with David Carney.

^ What he said - drinks at the shit derro's pub at the lights at Jesmond and deserves all the stick he gets

Big Al

It's the only face he's got!!
He is talented but one of those could be really good and everyone thinks they can get it out of him consistently but never happens.

Has no left foot
Turns backwards every time
Trys the monty dive and refs laugh
Horrible corners hits one good one every year
Shocking attitude when gets subbed dropped etc
Loves the piss

Otherwise he’s not to bad :D

That said he has potential and was the leading assist leader for us last season and can score a few nice free kicks. He is very patchy. Will play good for two weeks then shit for 10

FFC Mariner

Talking to a local coach from Newcastle this week and he said that at 16, Hoole was easily the most talented footballer in his age group up there - arguably one of the best he had seen. He reckoned that it was too easy in a small pond whereas in Sydney he would have needed to work harder and been more dedicated.

Wombat

Watching the clip from training today, looks alot more professional and the boys looked a lot more fired up than I've previously seen under Mulvey.

I know it's early days but I really get the feeling he is gonna be a f**king great coach that we should keep and it'd the one time we don't lock in a coach long term and wish we had!

Shipwreck is not one for giving easy praise. This pleases me. Also i spoke to the best female player on the coast and she told me EVERY Matilda she knows rates him as a coach..........so only the Lesbians with a political axe to grind caused a problem.

( If you have ever worked with ladies in a group and you give them too much self control......problems happen!.
I'm the least sexist man you will EVER meet. I worked in marketing in the 80's which was the stronghold for ladies then.....i loved it and learnt.
When i developed as an employee I always promoted ladies because they work harder but you have to control the "inner bitch" especially in a group. I had 12 girls working for me last year and it worked because i never let one be dominant. If you are too compliant you will suffer)

I came to training this morning but it was different. They loosened up and got massages before training and then went inside for 20 min pep talk (i presume) before they came out. I was too busy for these professional games and went to work after about 30 mins...thankfully No Diggetty gave us some excellent intel.

I glimpses it but it felt more professional already and Tom was right there was a few new faces.....and friendly too.

Wombat

He is talented but one of those could be really good and everyone thinks they can get it out of him consistently but never happens.

Has no left foot
Turns backwards every time
Trys the monty dive and refs laugh
Horrible corners hits one good one every year
Shocking attitude when gets subbed dropped etc
Loves the piss

Otherwise he’s not to bad :D

That said he has potential and was the leading assist leader for us last season and can score a few nice free kicks. He is very patchy. Will play good for two weeks then shit for 10

Again in the words of Roy Chubby Brown and these can be applied to 99% of the people from Newcastle......." Basically He's a c**t"

go you yellow

Whilst I share the frustrations with Hoole - an interesting piece from Scott Miller on FNR this week regarding Hoole and the man management capability required to get the best out of your squad, Miller was complimentary of Hoole - but spoke of how he needs to be continuously challenged and learning so he feels like he is being developed - I think he just needs tight management - so he doesn't default into over playing his hand in the game ie taking the seventh touch rather than playing forward and bringing others into the game.

turbo

Miller was complimentary of Hoole
He's bounced through a few teams now so maybe it's not all of the managers styles that's the issue. It may be possible to get more out of him but sooner or later people will start asking if it's worth the effort when they can pick up someone who doesn't need that extra attention to produce the same thing. He might benefit from a drop back to NPL or a lower asian league for a season to get the drive to do more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred