• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Stajcic Era, a Partnership of desperates or a Marriage Made in Heaven?

Ads

We have always been restricted by playing players simply cause we paid big $ for them and became a matter of principle that we had to get our money’s worth from them.
Or agreements made to get them here in the first place.
What’s to say there isn’t agreement’s still now like with Sheffield that we have to play Sam & Steve a certain amount of games, etc.

Would be amazing if Staj doesn’t put up with that nonsense and we can have better recruiting with no strings attached.

I’m really worried we are going to end up with a team full of medium grade players again like a team full of Jai Inghams and Gaimero’s.
Maybe even get Caceras, Fitz and Lachie Wales back when they end up back on the branch for there respective teams.

Big Al

Can't believe Kurz is getting the boot from Adelaide. Would take him in a heartbeat.
His system suits us perfectly. No striker.

Seriously though they are mad

Not sure his foreigner recruitment has been any good though. Thought he had a good one last year but can’t remember any standout

Ozhammer

I am hearing that Andy Thompson is no longer with the club but I am unsure if he jumped or was pushed?

Perhaps he is the first casualty of Phelan’s review?

Michael

His system suits us perfectly. No striker.

Seriously though they are mad

Not sure his foreigner recruitment has been any good though. Thought he had a good one last year but can’t remember any standout

Mirko Boland is a brilliant player, just been constantly injured.
I thought Ken Ilso would be better than his output tbh.
He’s made Blackwood an above average striker this season. That in itself is an achievement and he’s never had an out and out striker. Annnnnnnd Halloran chose kurz/Adelaide over Mulvey/CCM despite having history with Mulvey.

Kurz is a hard c**t with a few different styles he rotates against different teams. I’d take him in an absolute heart beat if Staj doesn’t work out.

Ozhammer

There was a "large" guy doing agility drills with Kennedy pregame.
Might have been Dave the physio?

Luca is the guy that has just come into the club and I understand that he is a rehab physio, whose job it is to manage players recovery programmes.

Wombat

I am hearing that Andy Thompson is no longer with the club but I am unsure if he jumped or was pushed?

Perhaps he is the first casualty of Phelan’s review?

He didn't last long. Can we get one that looks fit. Someone that knows fitness drills as well as Football drills.

Insertnamehere

He didn't last long. Can we get one that looks fit. Someone that knows fitness drills as well as Football drills.
Mainly can we get one who is good at their job. S&C is about ensuring these guys not only don't get injuries but are capable of making good decisions in the 95th minute. On both counts we've lost out.
It's not that hard. Honestly.

Wombat

We massaged a Matilda today.
She was a super cool lady and very open and honest.
She loved Staj even though she went from a super sub under him to starting 11 under the new bloke.
She told me the ousting had nothing to do with the players at all.......and was from high up the food chain of muppets at the FFA.
She told me GVM is a decent human although he was blamed by some for the ousting...he has now gone to 3rd coach rather than 2nd coach...proving that he wasnt to blame for the knifing.
She told me Staj is a real proffessional and the Mariners will benefit big time.

Antlion

Stajcic sounds like he can actually coach

Strong Mariners crucial for Hyundai A-League: Stajcic

Dominic Unwin

Central Coast Mariners interim boss Alen Stajcic is adamant the club can return to past Hyundai A-League glories.

Stajcic took the reins of the struggling Gosford outfit two days after Central Coast's 8-2 defeat to Wellington Phoenix in Round 21, a result which culminated in the dismissal of former coach Mike Mulvey.

But the ex-Westfield Matildas coach has had an immediate impact since his appointment on March 11 and led his new charges to a famous 3-2 F3 Derby win over Newcastle Jets in Round 22.

The 45-year-old caretaker believes a strong Mariners, two-time Premiers (2007/08, 2011/12) and Championship winners in 2012/13, is important for the strength of the Hyundai A-League.

"It’s such a great club with a massive opportunity to be a strong regional club," Stajcic said ahead of Sunday's clash with Adelaide United, his first home match at the helm.

"We’ve probably lost our way over the last couple of years..

"As I’ve said many times, the A-League needs strong regional clubs to be successful and healthy.

"There really needs to be stability and harmony to be able to attract the right kind of players to have a club that can show promise and excitement.”

dddddd.jpg

The Mariners celebrate their F3 Derby triumph against the Jets in Round 22
While some fans may be plotting a swift return to the top following the high of Round 22's incredible F3 Derby triumph, Stajcic urged his players to focus on their immediate concerns.

Although ultimately a morale-boosting evening, familiar frailties were still exposed and the Mariners nearly surrendered their 3-0 goal lead against the Jets, with goalkeeper Ben Kennedy required to make two penalty saves in stoppage time.

“At the end of the day we’ve got a structure that we have to put in place and we have to make sure we’re disciplined and concentrating for the whole period of time and not having lapses,” Stajcic said.

"Even in the Newcastle game we showed that we haven’t been able to do it for 90 minutes yet.
"To be able to pull out a performance that has all those factors in it for a full game is the first big step we have to achieve.

"And even though we won that game we didn’t achieve that goal of finishing out a full 90-95 minutes, to be able to win matches consistently.”

Stajcic said the international break had come at a good time for the Mariners with a number of key players back in contention, including club captain Matt Simon, who returns from a two-week suspension.

"It’s been good, we’ve got two weeks of training under our belt,” Stajcic explained.

"We had a few days off after that game but it’s been good to just get a good block of training in and just prepare for this game against Adelaide.

"We’ve got Matt Simon, [Michael] McGlinchey and [Andrew] Hoole back in contention.

"We’ve obviously got Aiden O’Neill and Kye Rowles back in contention so it’s been a pleasant reinforcement of the troops and now we’ve got competition for places which is what we want.”
https://www.a-league.com.au/news/stajcic-hyundai-a-league-needs-mariners-be-a-strong-club

Antlion

Anyone who thinks Judas makes things better is a fool or a liar
Weemac is well past his prime. But who knows what a different coach can get out of him. We didn't see Jem's best until he had a coach who knew how to play him and the squad around him

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred