• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The official all-purpose trolling bogan scum thread

true believer

This demonstrates to me perfectly the Millennial problem.

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”​

Socrates

bloody millennials :D:D

Michael

Yeah good guess. Certainly wants away.

Re people’s thoughts of wanting him back.

We obviously can’t know what’s actually going on. And everyone rates Bernie, but if he’s having mental health issues, whilst I’m hoping we’ll come good this year, you wouldn’t pick us the place to be for stability or to get yourself on track.

Conversely of all clubs we need players who are mentally tough and up for a challenge.

I love Bernie and always will, I’d welcome him back.
BUT
I’ve always had a feeling that his mental health has always been on the edge. Without knowing him personally and obviously looking from the outside in, it seems like he is the provider for his entire family and a father figure for his siblings which is a huge burden for a young man and not easy for anyone. And perhaps the stress of all of that takes a big toll from time to time.
just my 2 cents.

marinermick

It looks like all of the clubs are going to have to bail out the Jets after the prospective investors pulled out:

New owners were in advanced negotiations but the club couldn’t produce audited financial statements for the past two years. What a clusterf**k!

Ironbark

We don't have a massive treasury...but, especially after hearing Shaun in the podcast, at least we have a club full of heart and quality people, a future and a soul to hang onto. Jets fans must be feeling pretty shtty right now

Avoca

For the sake of the F3 Derby, I sincerely hope the Jets survive. We need them, & they need us. Kind of like Batman & the Joker.

turbo

Alternatively it could really help us if they went. They get support from the North of the Coast (and the disputed territories).
We lose our best attended fixture and there’s no guarantee we’d pick up a substantial amount of supporters in the areas you mentioned. If the situation were reversed the sentiment here has been pretty clear. I feel it would be a loss for us and the league overall.

Competitively I think whoever replaced them would be well funded and make it harder for us to put some distance on the spoon.

Wombat

Scum aint going anywhere.
They have good support (if somewhat inbred)
Great Corporate support
Excellent Media coverage.......we can learn alot from them in this regard.
They are the 2nd biggest City in Aus outside of the capitals.

We hate them because they really are Shit c**ts from a inbred Shithole City........but as Football fans they are our cousins.

Football in Australia needs those mouthy Bogans to be in the mix.

pjennings

Less than a week ago WSW owner Lederer confirmed that when A-League independence is complete that no club will be allowed to perish, as the likes of Gold Coast United and North Queensland Fury have in the past. He explained funds would be at hand to forestall any worst-case scenarios from developing.

The A-League needs to be adding teams - not losing them. We need to get to 16 teams ASAP. With a pause between a June end this coming season and what looks increasingly like a re-alignment to winter the following year there is plenty of time to bring in at least 2 extra clubs for 2022.

Canberra seems to be favourite for one but there are plenty of other areas that want to come in.

The investment environment might be a bit murky at this stage but with Covid 19 vaccines on the way 2022 hopefully will be closer to normal than this season will be. A cashed up investor prepared to invest in the Jets would likely pick it up cheaply since all they are selling is the license and goodwill.

pjennings

Scum aint going anywhere.
They have good support (if somewhat inbred)
Great Corporate support
Excellent Media coverage.......we can learn alot from them in this regard.
They are the 2nd biggest City in Aus outside of the capitals.

We hate them because they really are Shit c**ts from a inbred Shithole City........but as Football fans they are our cousins.

Football in Australia needs those mouthy Bogans to be in the mix.
The problem here is the aggregation of the MSM landscape since our foundation. NBN don't do as much down here as they did, 2GO is now 2MMM and we have no equivalent to the Newcastle-Herald.

If you don't follow football you wouldn't know about the Mariners on the Coast. I think we need to do better - but Newcastle has a more friendly media landscape.

Wombat

The problem here is the aggregation of the MSM landscape since our foundation. NBN don't do as much down here as they did, 2GO is now 2MMM and we have no equivalent to the Newcastle-Herald.

If you don't follow football you wouldn't know about the Mariners on the Coast. I think we need to do better - but Newcastle has a more friendly media landscape.

100% Pat but who at CCMFC is working with the media?

Forum Phoenix

A.... looo a looo oh... oh..,ai... I say the way you spell... newy yeah yeah

(I hope some get the song)

Last edited:

pjennings

Football Federation Australia are expected to strip Newcastle Jets absentee boss Martin Lee of his licence this week, leaving the 11 other A-League clubs to fund the team whilst a new owner is found.

Avoca

The article mentions not being able to afford playing at their stadium. I wonder what other options (& cheaper locations) the Jets have?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred