• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The official all-purpose trolling bogan scum thread

dibo

So between the scum and the Roar, there are at least two clubs that are more of a cluster than us.

So there's always that!

Gratis

I do get the distinct impression the goal of the new owners is to increase Chinese involvement...coaching, players etc.

Rowdy

I do get the distinct impression the goal of the new owners is to increase Chinese involvement...coaching, players etc.
If that's the case, he gave the job to the wrong Mayor.

Lee Martin should of appointed Doug Eaton instead of Lawrie McKinna :cool:

Rowdy

Im hearing Mark Jones, (former Newcastle Jets Assistant) is in the running for the top job.

If so current Youth League Coach, Clayton Zane may become his assistant.

Rowdy

Its 'Zane vs Zane' tomorrow, with the Jets taking on Edgeworth for the 2nd time this pre-season.

Clayton is taking the helm of the Jets, for a sacked Scott Miller whilst his cousin Damian Coaches the Eagles.

Pretty certain which side of the argument the Zanes 'sit-on' in relation to the Scott Miller incident .....

Damian was none too impressed with Scott Miller and his 'mouth' when they played the Jets in their 1st pre-season meeting back in August, with Miller likening the game as 'training session' quality.

Miller also made disparaging comments about the Edgeworth player's in having no chance to impress him for a contract,
"there’s no spots for those minimum-wage players at this point. I’m looking at the higher earners in our squad to continue our progression . . . the higher-echelon player from Europe.”

Europe ! ??? :rolleyes:

China ! It was only ever going to be China you chump.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4034002/zane-upset-with-jets-approach-to-npl-trial/

Luca Brasi

Im hearing Mark Jones, (former Newcastle Jets Assistant) is in the running for the top job.
Apparently he was promised the scum head coach role by Con but was then sent packing by Cullina when Tinkler bought them out in 2010. He had the CCMA head coach role in 2013 in NPL with pretty ordinary results. Technically he was reported as good but was lacking player management skills, at one stage he had lost the dressing room and Lawrie had to come in and help him out. Will have to deal with bigger egos in the A League.

Rowdy

Jones puts his hand up for ‘dream job’ at Jets:
mark_jones.jpg

Mark Jones has publicly declared his interest in the Newcastle Jets coaching job, saying the combination of an A-League head coaching role in his home city would be his dream job.

“I’m interested in the job,” the highly-respected former Jets assistant coach told The World Game. “They know I’m interested. Obviously these opportunities don’t come up very often, so if I was offered the job then of course I’d be more than interested.”

Jones has been mentioned as a likely strong contender for the job, which became vacant due to the club’s shock sacking of Scott Miller on Wednesday.

The Jets are naturally keen to appoint a new coach as soon as possible. Their season kicks off with a home game against Adelaide United on Sunday, October 9.

Jones, 50, played as a defender with several clubs in the National Soccer League, including Newcastle Rosebud and Newcastle Breakers.

He has since forged a successful coaching career, in some cases as an assistant at A-League level and also as a head coach at levels beneath that.

Most recently, Jones was appointed youth team coach for Adelaide United at the start of this year and recently took charge of the club’s W-League side as well.

Jones was assistant to Gary van Egmond at the Jets when they won the A-League championship in the 2007-08 season. He also returned there as an assistant towards the end of the troubled reign of coach Phil Stubbins, in the 2014-15 season.

When The World Game suggested to Jones that coming home to coach the Jets would probably be the dream job for him, he replied: “It is. Everyone wants to aspire to reach the highest level and that’s no different from a player to a coach.

“So I would love the opportunity to be an A-League coach and obviously to do it in your home town would be an added bonus.

“I’ve been at the Jets a few times. For the last seven or eight weeks of Phil Stubbins’ reign I was there, and during Gary’s time obviously.

“I’ve been an assistant coach at Perth Glory and I’ve filled the assistant coach role overseas in a number of places as well.

“I’ve been the head coach in some of the younger age groups, in Singapore and now the youth league in Australia, and I’ve been an NPL coach in NSW with the Central Coast team and an NPL coach in Adelaide.

“So I’ve sort of filled all the roles at that level and obviously I would like the opportunity to see how I would go at the top level.”

Jones worked with Lawrie McKinna, who is now the CEO at the Jets, at Chinese club Chongqing Lifan, several years ago. McKinna was head coach and Jones the assistant.

“We enjoyed our time in China and then we both had offers to come back to Australia and that suited for family reasons,” Jones said.

“I do know Lawrie well. I know a lot of people in the game. I’ve been around for a long time and I’d like to think I’ve got good relationships with a number of people in football.”

Jones said he was enjoying what had developed into a dual role for him at Adelaide United.

“I’ve just taken on the job with the women’s team and I’ve got a vested interest in women’s football because my daughter, Adriana, plays,” he said. “She will be in the team.”

Asked if he had spoken to the Adelaide management about his interest in the Newcastle job, or whether he had an agreement that if he secured an A-League job he could leave, Jones replied: “At this stage it’s very premature.

“I’ve got a good relationship with the owner of the club, and the club knows there is some interest and some speculation.

“If something was to eventuate I would go to the owner and ask for his thoughts.”

Rowdy

Can the Jets be Gilligan's island:
jimmy-gilligan-4340-1411095_478x359.jpg

Jimmy Gilligan, the English FA’s coach of coaches, has emerged as competition for Mark Jones for the vacant Newcastle Jets top job.

Gilligan, the man who helped nurture the talent of Australia star Tom Rogic during his three years in charge of the Nike Academy, also had a brief stint as first team coach at Championship side Nottingham Forest, one of nine clubs he played for during his professional career.

He also played in European competition while under Graham Taylor at Watford, and was also responsible for honing the gifts of teenage starlet Oliver Buke while in charge of Forest’s development academy.

The winger has just moved from Forest to Germanys RB Leipzig in a $24 million deal, and has been hailed as a “natural phenomenon” by the club’s sporting director Ralf Rangnick.

It’s understood that that Jets CEO Lawrie McKinna is looking closely at Gilligan as a possible replacement for the sacked Scott Miller, who was shown the door along with assistant Luc Trani after the pair had a bust-up during the club’s recent Chinese tour.

Gilligan also helped develop Michael Hector during his time at Forest, with the defender subsequently sold to Chelsea and now on loan to Eintracht Frankfurt.

Where the Jets to land Gilligan – one of 40 applicants who have shown an interest in the job – it would take them down an path of youth develop combined, with a knowledge of elite coaching acumen at the other end of the spectrum thrown in for good measure.

In his current role as FA England’s National Coach Educator, Gilligan oversees courses for A, B and Pro Licences for coaches looking to hone their craft – his pupils include former England Under -21 coach and Forest firebrand Stuart Pearce and his successor Gareth Southgate.

Gilligan, who is also a close confidence of FA director of elite development Dan Ashworth, is now keen to spread his wings and move into cob management, and sees Australia as fertile ground for a new career trajectory.

Though McKinna has worked with Jones before during his time when he was coach of Chinese club at Chinese club Chongqing Lifan and has identified him as a leading candidate, it’s believed that Gilligan, 52, has peeked his interest due to the diversity if his background.

Rowdy

I think the Scummer's debacle is going to be a little longer than the infamous '3 hr cruise' ....

If Gilligan is appointed the new Coach of the Jets then ......

alanhalejr_zpslmdyocyr.jpg

... roles are reversed and 'The Skipper' becomes Gilligans Assistant.

images_zpswqeyk9cg.jpg

'The Professor' becomes:
Tech.Director/ Tactician / Video Analysis

images-1_zpsvacjmio8.jpg

Ginger becomes:
Physio / Masseuse
overseen by Wombat (30mins is $40) ;)

images-2_zps0dvke3cn.jpg

Thurston & Mrs Howell take up offer of part-ownership with Martin Lee, as you'd expect 'The Millionaire's' to do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred