• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The official all-purpose trolling bogan scum thread

FFC Mariner

Miller has fallen out with the assistant coach and he was the one punted.

Been trolling scummers about Hutch going there.

priorpeter

McKinna on ABC radio earlier said:
"there was some senior management decisions...I have not made this decision... this is something that I, the playing group and the supporters never wanted to happen."
McKinna re finding a new coach: "I will make a recommendation to senior management but I don't see why they would take it"
Sounds stable up there

Rowdy

Miller sacked by Jets due to 'differences within club' :
gettyimages-506537288.jpg

Scott Miller's tenure as Newcastle Jets coach is over with less than a month to go until the start of the A-League season.

As first reported by Goal Australia, Miller departs the Jets after allegedly falling out with assistant coach Luc Trani during a recent pre-season trip to China.

Miller's time with the Jets was filled with frustration, culminating in an eighth-placed finish last season after taking over in June 2015.

Newcastle confirmed the departure in a statement, claiming the move was "based on differences related to football matters within the club."

"Newcastle Jets can confirm that the club has parted ways with head coach Scott Miller, effective immediately," the statement read.

"The club’s ownership and senior management made the decision on Wednesday morning. Since the decision was made Newcastle Jets chief executive officer Lawrie McKinna has met with Miller to discuss his departure from the club.

“We acknowledge that the timing of this decision is far from ideal given the proximity of next Hyundai A-League season,” McKinna said.

“But once the decision was made to move in a different direction regarding the head coach role we deemed it to be in everyone’s best interests to act quickly.

“I met with Scott this morning to inform him of the decision and discuss it.

“We thank Scott for the work he has done at the Club since being appointed by Football Federation Australia (FFA) last year and wish him well in his next position,” McKinna concluded.

McKinna has sought to notify all club players and staff today.

No time frame has yet been set for the appointment of a new coach at Newcastle.

The Jets have recently returned from China where they won all three of their pre-season matches.

Rowdy

Perhaps Luc Trani may be the front runner as his replacement, he's obviously just won the battle on differences of opinion relating to Football matters.

Has been around the HAL for ages, Wellington, Adelaide, Brisbane (Champions) , Melb.City and now at Newcastle.

dibo

Trani would be fine as head coach, but it sounds like it's gone to hell in a hand basket up there

Rowdy

Perhaps it was his actions in dealing with with some of the club's players seeking PFA assistance following allegations of some heavy-handed tactics by Miller.

x3 fringe players had been identified by Miller as surplus to requirements, but are refusing to take reduced salaries to walk away from the Jets.

Miller is believed to have put the heat on the trio, trying to force them to leave, with the club unable to sign its transfer targets until they are off the books.

The x3 were deliberately left behind from the pre-season tour of China.

'Senior Management' had reportedly told him to ease up on the pressure as the FFA were monitoring the issue also.

At a guess, I'd say Luc Trani also didn't agree to these tactics with the x3 players and expressed it to 'Senior Management'

JoyfulPenguin

Perhaps it was his actions in dealing with with some of the club's players seeking PFA assistance following allegations of some heavy-handed tactics by Miller.

x3 fringe players had been identified by Miller as surplus to requirements, but are refusing to take reduced salaries to walk away from the Jets.

Miller is believed to have put the heat on the trio, trying to force them to leave, with the club unable to sign its transfer targets until they are off the books.

The x3 were deliberately left behind from the pre-season tour of China.

'Senior Management' had reportedly told him to ease up on the pressure as the FFA were monitoring the issue also.

At a guess, I'd say Luc Trani also didn't agree to these tactics with the x3 players and expressed it to 'Senior Management'
Well if that's the case he deserves what he gets I was feeling a little sorry for him before I heard this. Contracts should be honoured by both sides of the negotiating table not one or the other. Especially when you're trying to get rid of players for less than they are owed.

Wombat

Miller is a very highly strung person.....but looked like a decent coach.
Maybe, the bloke is just too angry for most people to cope with?

Last edited:

Big Al

McKinna on ABC radio earlier said:
"there was some senior management decisions...I have not made this decision... this is something that I, the playing group and the supporters never wanted to happen."
McKinna re finding a new coach: "I will make a recommendation to senior management but I don't see why they would take it"
Sounds stable up there
McKinna regretting his decision to be scum already.

Can he hang on long enough to run from Mayor again next September. Not looking good, might be with Hutch sooner than he thought

Rowdy

Lawrie has '2 hands in the air' as the plot thickens ......

McKinna declares he never wanted Miller sacking to happen:
gettyimages-545296644.jpg

Newcastle Jets CEO Lawrie McKinna said the release of coach Scott Miller was something he, the club’s players and Jets fans 'never wanted to happen'.

McKinna said the sacking of Miller on Wednesday was a decision that had been “made above me” and was “out of my hands”.

News emerged of Miller’s sudden downfall with reports that he and assistant coach Luc Trani had fallen out during the team’s recent playing tour of China, but that while Miller had sent Trani home early the club had subsequently sided with Trani.

The Jets issued a media release which read, in part:

"Newcastle Jets can confirm that the Club has parted ways with Head Coach Scott Miller, effective immediately.

'The Club’s ownership and senior management made the decision on Wednesday morning based on differences related to football matters within the Club."

McKinna was quoted in the media release, saying:

“We acknowledge that the timing of this decision is far from ideal given the close proximity of the next Hyundai A-League season.

“But once the decision was made to move in a different direction regarding the Head Coach role we deemed it to be in everyone’s best interests to act quickly.

“I met with Scott this morning to inform him of the decision and discuss it.

“We thank Scott for the work he has done at the Club since being appointed by Football Federation Australia (FFA) last year and wish him well in his next position.”

McKinna was subsequently interviewed by Paul Bevan on 1233 ABC Newcastle and said the club’s ownership, after examining the situation, decided that cutting Miller was the best option.

“Obviously the boys were in China for the last 10 or 11 days and they had three great results and the boys did tremendously well,” he said.

“But there were just some senior management decisions that are related to football matters within the club and there were some differences and that’s when ownership looked at a few situations and came back today with the result of Scott Miller getting his contract terminated.”

McKinna was asked about previously having said he had a free hand in the decision-making at the club and whether this decision came back to him.

“No, I’ve not made the decision, I’ve not made this decision," he responded.

“I do have a reasonably free hand when it comes to running the club, but this is one that has been taken away from me and made above me.

“I’m the CEO and I’ll take the brunt of that, but this one is slightly out of my hands. But if I have to cop it, I’ll cop it.”

It was suggested to McKinna that most onlookers would have thought the team’s performances in China would have cemented Miller’s position.

He answered that while the performances were “great, under difficult circumstances”, there were still some team-related matters that weren’t “clicking right with the Ledman Group”.

“There were just issues that came up that had to be dealt with.” McKinna said.

McKinna said some of the issues had been “ongoing, but they came to a head in China”. He said representatives of the Ledman Group attended Newcastle’s games there.

Asked what would happen now, McKinna said: “Well, obviously this has all just happened today.

“It’s something I never wanted to happen, and the playing group never wanted to happen, and the supporters never wanted to happen, because it’s been the smoothest pre-season the club’s had for many years, but obviously we’re going to need to look for a new head coach and we’ve not even thought about that because this has just happened today.

“I’m sure there will be 30-odd people who put in for the Central Coast Mariners job last week who will be first on the phone and I think I’ve actually been contacted a few times on Facebook already, so there will be plenty of people who put their hands up for the job.”

But when asked if he would make the decision on a new coach, McKinna interestingly replied: “I’ll make the recommendation to senior management, but I don’t see any reason why they would take my recommendation.”

Despite that, McKinna said he was still “feeling fine” about his position at the Jets, adding: “I feel my situation at the club is good, the pre-season and things going on and off the park have been going well and this is something that has happened and I’ve had to speak to the owners of the club and they’ve made a decision.”

The club’s media release said the players would return to training on Friday to prepare for Sunday’s trial game against Edgeworth Eagles at Jack McLaughlan Oval.

Rowdy

• "senior management decisions that are related to football matters within the club"

• "team-related matters that weren’t “clicking right with the Ledman Group”.

adds even more weight in my eyes to it all pointing towards the players Miller was trying to punt from the Jets.

Throw in the blow-back from the PFA over the issue and then subsequently the FFA that perhaps new owner Martin Lee didnt want to jeopardise his 1st season starting off on a negative with both organisations, the FFA in particular.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred