• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The official all-purpose trolling bogan scum thread

Rowdy

Unlucky Luciano becomes a victim of his dedication:
88b4571e-52e4-4a8e-afda-4c9d82cca735_1473551762.jpeg

Jilted assistant trainer Luciano Trani has emerged from the Newcastle Jets' double sacking saga as the villain in the piece, the master manipulator who would back-stab his head coach to pursue his own agenda.

At the end of yet another scene in the never-ending soap opera surrounding the once-proud Newcastle club, Trani was sacked a day after Scott Miller was relieved of his job.

The simmering feud between the two coaches who have a strong personality came to a head in the recent tour of China when they clashed over training procedures.

Miller joined the team a day later and blamed Trani for a training overload three hours after they touched down in China that could have led to a calf injury to Finnish striker Alexsandr Kokko in the team's first match against Liaoning.

Miller was warned not to demand action on Trani

The Jets got rid of Miller due to "differences within the club" and later dismissed Trani "to give the club's new head coach the opportunity to appoint his own assistant".

But the general view within the football family is that Trani was sacked so as to prevent another farcical situation at the crisis-torn club.

Reports have emerged that the Jets' playing squad were looking at boycotting Trani's training session the day after Miller was sacked because it is understood that they were keen to express their support for Fulham's former assistant coach.

The fact that the Jets did not deny such reports and widespread suggestions in the media that Miller did not have the full backing of Trani added weight to the theory that Trani suddenly had become unwanted at the club and that the players had got their way.

The upshot from the Jets' week from hell is that Trani, whom many cognoscenti regard as a highly respected figure, is jobless and has a battle on his hands to convince people that he would be a valuable addition to any club's coaching staff.

An A-League club senior official who would not be named said it is clear "the club bowed to player pressure" while a leading agent said "Trani was punished because he tried to take the players away from their comfort zone".

An Australia player said he had "a lot of time for Luc and I hope the full story comes out".

Three prominent Australian footballers who worked with Trani and who currently play abroad came out in full support of the demonised coach.

Former Brisbane Roar defender and captain Matt Smith, ex-Wellington Phoenix, Adelaide United and Australia midfielder Jon McKain and Erik Paartalu, who played for Brisbane and Melbourne City, all said Trani had made them better players.

"I worked with Luc during our time at Brisbane Roar when he was assistant coach," Smith, who pays for Bangkok Glass in Thailand, said.

"My relationship with him as a person was great. He was always humble and good with me and the rest of the players.

"As a coach, he is very passionate and knowledgable about football. Working hard is a given but he was always well prepared.

"I once asked him in casual conversation to give me three things I could do to improve my match play. He came back a few days later and gave me three honest, logical and achievable improvements to my game which I still implement today. I guess you could say small one per cent things but specific to my game. This shows his attention to detail."

McKain, who plays for Kelantan in Malaysia, was equally effusive in his praise for his ex-mentor.

"I worked with Luciano at Wellington and Adelaide," McKain said.

"Luc was very hard working, intense and was always looking to improve the team and individual players.

"He could talk football 24/7 and was very passionate about it.

"It is more than just a job for him. I really enjoyed learning under him."

Paartalu, who is on the books of Jeonbuk Motors in the Korea Republic, expressed similar sentiments.

"Luc is a great guy who would always take the time to help anybody," Paartalu said.

"Aside from being a very switched-on coach there were many times when I needed to understand things further and he wouldn't hesitate in having a coffee with me outside of football hours and genuinely cared about the game of football.

"He is a guy whose love of football is his whole life and then some, constantly thinking about the team or the game itself to try and help players get better.

"I am grateful for Luc and all of his help, coaching and extra sessions when I asked for help.

"I don't know the full story about the Jets but like Melbourne City, they have lost a massive attribute to the club."

It is blatantly obvious from talking to people that Trani is seen as a competent coach who knows what he's doing and who works his socks off to improve the general standard of our football.

So let's not destroy Trani because Australian football would be the biggest loser in this sorry shemozzle.

Rowdy

Stubbins warns Jets after latest act of player power:
20150410001120534493-original.jpg

Former Newcastle Jets coach Phil Stubbins believes the crisis club's Chinese hierarchy must give whoever takes the coaching reins time to change the culture of the club after the latest episode of player power claimed another victim on the Hunter.

In 2014 it was Gary van Egmond, who led the Jets to the A-League title in 2008, who was forced out by perceived player subterfuge, and then it was Stubbins himself who faced a mutiny under Nathan Tinker's ruinous reign before being moved on when Football Federation Australia took over the franchise.

Sacked assistant coach Luciano Trani has become the latest to be ousted by a dressing-room revolt, led by senior players, after last week's axing of head coach Scott Miller.

The removal of Miller after his row with Trani over the latter's training methods led to players refusing to train under Trani, who was immediately shown the door as the club's new owners, the Ledman Group, acceded to the demands of their employees.

"Whoever comes in needs a reasonable amount of time to make decisions and allow those decisions to be bedded in and that hasn't been happening at the club," said Stubbins, with the double exit of Miller and Trani making it a turnover of seven coaches in four seasons for the A-League club.

"Platforms need to be laid and if there is a constant change year after year at the top, then that's difficult.

"There's been a lack of continuity at the Jets and the process of rebuilding has had to start over again because of the regular changes made at the top."

Stubbins, who presided over an unprecedented player cull as he sought to change the Jets culture before ultimately being denied the chance to rebuild from ground zero, said that Miller had made some in-roads in his rookie season as he sought to stabilise the club.

"He was laying a pretty solid platform and building a decent squad," he added. "It's disappointing for the Jets, who potentially have massive support and you have to feel for them.

"There needs to be a better decision making process within the club where everybody is gravitating towards the one vision, otherwise you have a difference of opinions everywhere and for Miller and Trani not to be on the same page from the get-go suggests to me that the process to appoint the pairing initially was flawed.

"You have to feel for the supporters ... there was disgruntlement when I was there as I made some strong calls in trying to change the culture and it was unfortunate for me not to see a second year and now you have the same thing with Scott."

Miller's refusal to undertake mediation with Trani, after the assistant sparked a player revolt by conducting a training session in China players perceived as too demanding, led to his sacking.

Players took their grievances to Miller when he arrived in China and when new signing Aleksandr Kokko pulled up with a calf strain during a tour match, Trani was blamed.

Miller's 'it's me or him' ultimatum to his pay masters backfired and Trani's fate was sealed when the players declined to work under him.

It's an all too familiar tale at the Jets, with Stubbins saying: "I am sure both Scott and Luciano are both feeling terrible at the minute.

"Just as Gary van Egmond would have and as I did ... it just seems like it's a recurring theme over the years.

"On the basis of the dismissals you'd have to say that it was an error for the club to bring Miller and Trani together yet it is hopefully a lesson learnt for them.

"Let's hope whoever they bring in next is allowed the time and his own hand-picked staff to gain some forward traction. Relationships within the club will be key."

Rowdy

Screenshot_2016-09-12-18-35-43-1_zpsjervsicq.png

Newcastle's A-League campaign kicks off in just under a months time and captain Nigel Boogaard says they must put the current dramas behind them.

In a tumultuous week for the Jets players, coach Scott Miller and assistant Luciano Trani departed the club during the club’s pre-season tour in China.

“It was upsetting, a lot of the boys were obviously close to Scott, but it was out of our control and out of our hands and we’re here to play football,” Boogaard told the Newcastle Herald.
ImageResizer.ashx

The Jets were looking to get back on track and did exactly that on Sunday with a 4-0 win over NNSW NPL champions Edgeworth.

Obviously the boys had a bit of a point to prove today,” Boogaard said.

“We had some good results over in China, and to get back, a bit of a rocky week, and we move on. I think it was a good performance.

“The biggest way we could move forward was by getting back on the park and doing what we can control, and that was putting a good performance in against a very strong opposition as well.”

Newcastle open their A-League campaign against Adelaide on Sunday, October 10, and the club is looking to have a new boss within a fortnight.
ImageResizer.ashx

Meanwhile, Clayton Zane, former Jet’s coach, and current Jet’s Youth coach took charge for Newcastle against Edgeworth and was proud of the team's performance.

“We were starting to work well as a unit, and some quality players had to come in as well to add to that, but it is what it is and we have to move on,” Zane said.

“It was a good attitude shown by the boys, not only today but at the last two days of training to really knuckle down and make sure we represent the club with some pride and make sure that they know we’re here to do the business.

“Come the start of the A-League season, regardless of who’s coach, we’ll be ready.”

Rowdy

Screenshot_2016-09-12-18-49-03-1_zpsn6xxjepr.png

Newcastle Jets CEO Lawrie McKinna intends to personally call dissatisfied members to explain his side of the story to maintain the club's public image following Scott Miller’s dismissal.

Jets coach Miller and assistant Luciano Trani were sensationally ousted in midweek, only a month out from the start of the new A-League season.

There has been widespread speculation about the actual reasons behind their sackings although the Jets have cited a confidentiality clause and not told the full story.

It’s left McKinna in an awkward position trying to save the club’s ailing public image following the events which is all too familiar for the Hunter club.

McKinna said the club had received around 40 emails and phone calls from dissatisfied members talking about cancelling their memberships.

“I’ll phone each one of them individually on Monday and, without going in depth, go through the basics of what’s happened,” McKinna told FourFourTwo.

“Their memberships are valued to us. I want to explain there are two sides to the story.

“The last thing I wanted was getting rid of coaches just weeks out from the new season.”

McKinna has been public in stating the decision to sack Miller came from chairman Martin Lee, who headed up the Ledman Group which bought the club in June.

The Jets CEO insisted speculation that the new owners were intent on sacking Miller from the outset of their reign were incorrect.

“If the owners wanted to get rid of Scott Miller that would have happened when they bought the club, that wasn’t the case,” McKinna said.

“Scott miller was kept at the club to go through this season and hopefully be successful.

“Some people were under the impression this was always planned. No it wasn’t planned because if it was, it would’ve been done earlier.”

McKinna also implored Jets fans to maintain the faith in the club.

“The club will always be here longer than any player or manager, that’s football,” he said.

“It’s important when times are tough you support your club. That’s all I can ask, support your club, get behind your team.

“We’ll be doing our best when the new coach is in.”

He also rejected suggestions any new coach would be able to fall back on the squad not being ‘their’s’ as a reason for failure.

“Some people are saying the new coach will have this excuse but any coach who takes the job will be taking it because he thinks he can do something with this squad, not looking for an excuse because it’s not his squad,” he said.

“That’ll be part of the process. I’ll ask, ‘we understand it’s not your squad but it’s a decent squad, can you work with this squad?’

“I wouldn’t be expecting anybody to use that as an excuse.”

McKinna told FourFourTwo on Saturday he hopes to have a new coach and assistant in place within a fortnight. He will compile a shortlist on Monday.

Rowdy

Brockie urges Jets to give Sheringham, Bridges a go:
gettyimages-141470080.jpg

Former Newcastle striker Jeremy Brockie has urged the battling Jets to appoint Teddy Sheringham and Michael Bridges as senior coaches.

Experienced England international Sheringham and Jets hero Bridges have put their hand up to steer the coach-less club out of its predicament with three weeks left to the start of the A-League.

The Jets sacked head coach Scott Miller and his assistant Luciano Trani over a series of disagreements between the two and Sheringham and Bridges have emerged as a "double act" ticket for the two positions.

Sheringham would be head coach and Bridges his assistant.

It is believed the Jets have narrowed down the applications to six and chief executive Lawrie McKinna will start interviewing the candidates on Thursday.

Brockie, who scored 11 goals for the Jets in two seasons from 2010-2012, plays in the Premier League in South Africa for Pretoria club SuperSport United.

But he still follows the Jets and is disturbed by the negative publicity that has surrounding the club in recent years.

"I think Sheringham and Bridgey at the Jets is an exciting prospect," Brockie said from South Africa.

"I know Bridgey very well and I know the love he has for the Jets. And knowing him the way I do, he would be very saddened like a lot of us to see what has happened at the club not just recently but for a long time now.

"I think he will bring passion to the club and have the support of the fans.

"He obviously knows the league well. Add to that the experience of someone like Sheringham and what he could bring to the club and I think they would complement each other well and bring back the good times for the Jets.

"I still have a big piece of Newcastle inside of me so I follow the news very carefully and I hope, like I know the rest of the Newcastle Jets community will be hoping, that the club an get on the right track and not look back."

Brockie said he had full sympathy for the players and the fans who have had to endure grim and uncertain times for too long.

"I just feel very sorry for the fans of the club and the players," he said.

"I remember on a good day in Newy we were getting more than 20,000 to a home game.

"The fans are very loyal and don't deserve to continue to have to wake up every morning and wonder if there's another bad situation going on.

"The players themselves, not far out from the season's start, have more weight put on their shoulders which is not needed.

"I don't know exactly what happened but I'm talking more about the repetition of having to start over and over again.

"I've got some great friends and Jets fans still in Newy and I'll live in Newcastle when I'm finished playing. Let's hope it's a stable club by that time."

Brockie, who played for New Zealand in the 2010 FIFA World Cup, joined SuperSpot in early 2015 after a stint with Wellington Phoenix and is loving life in the Rainbow Nation.

"In the 18 months I've been here I've managed to win a major trophy named the Nedbank Cup. I also was named player of the year in the competition," he said.

"I've managed to score 28 goals in just over 50 games as well which always helps when you move to a new country and you're a striker.

"My family and I are very settled here and we love the lifestyle. It's cheap to live in, the people are football mad and very friendly. We are enjoying it so much that I've recently extended my stay for another four years."

Wombat

hmmm....where is liveable in Scum City???.......that Brockie would want to live there?

Eleebana.
Merewether.
Redhead.
Caves Beach.

its slim pickings in that City but I'm interested to know which are considered a liveable suburb??

Last edited:

Rowdy

SBS's Lucy Zelic will write Bridgey's kiss arse letter of recommendation.

brother Ned will negate it by writing one saying Bridgey lack's individual brilliance.

Craig Foster will agree by adding MB doesn't have neither the technical &/or tactical abillity
despite being European.

Les Murray will write a letter recommending Johnny Warren for the job. :p

MrCelery

hmmm....where is liveable in Scum City???

Eleebana.
Merewether.
Redhead.
Caves Beach.

its slim pickings in that City but I'm interested to know which are considered a liveable suburb??

Hate to admit it, but Cooks Hill is pretty cool and trendy these days.

Merewether is full of ex-Rugby League players (bogans).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred