• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The official all-purpose trolling bogan scum thread

Rowdy

Screenshot_2016-09-20-14-57-48-1_zpspesgc0l7.png

Former Newcastle forward Ryan Griffiths believes Josep Gombau is the man to turn the Jets around.

The A-League club are on the hunt for a new head coach after Scott Miller's stunning sacking. Gombau, who had a successful two years in charge at Adelaide United, recently returned to Australia as head coach of the Olyroos.

Griffiths played under Gombau briefly at the Reds two-years-ago and feels the 40-year old Spaniard would be a perfect fit in the Hunter.

"I personally would like to see a manager like Josip Gombau come in that can bring a family culture and unite the fans and team together," he told FourFourTwo.

"Adelaide are dong well in their selection of coaches and the fans are patient with results and give every manager time to adapt and instill their style of football. Gombau was the best coach I've had in my whole career.

"It felt like I wasn't trying when I played my stint in Adelaide. What I mean is he that the play was effortless and you had a job and you just did your job and trust your teammates to do their job. He has a system and sticks by it.

"I think a coach with characteristics like him would suit Newcaslte."

Griffiths played for the Jets in both the NSL and the A-League, leaving the club in his second stint in 2013 before joining Beijing Baxy. The 35-year old has a strong affinity with the club and the region with both his brothers playing in Newcaslte's 2008 grand final-winning team.

Griffiths admitted he was surprised by Miller's exit last week.

"I was shocked like everyone else," he said.

"I think he was doing a job job. But you never know the inside story and the dynamics of what was really happening as an outsider. I think Miller has the team in good shape so anybody that comes in will be reaping the temporary benefits of what he has done so far."

Jets CEO Lawrie McKinna said publicly he is wanted a coach who understood the Newcaslte market.

"The Newcastle market is a tough one," Griffiths, who is now playing in the Hong Kong Premier League, admitted.

"I think as fans we all need to give whoever comes in a real chance."

Rowdy

images_zpsfv5vftdv.jpg

The FFA are NOT going to let Gombau go to Coach The Scum.

Okon was allowed by the FFA to come to CCM to further his devolopment as a Coach.

Gombau was brought into the FFA to further develop Australian Youth in the National set-ups, honing the pathway into Postecoglou's philosophy & ultimately to the Socceroos team itself.

Martin Lee should have to pay reimbursements to the the FFA, if it were to crazily occur, the Chinese owner definitely has the capability of ca$h
....... if he wants him that bad.

We didn't have to pay for Paolo because, as everybody knows ....... we're povo. ;)

dibo

Isn't he from Sutherland Shire originally? I thought they were better...

*Remembers December 2005*

...oh yeah.

Never mind...

Rowdy

Sherringham Rejected, Jones Frontrunner to Coach Jets:
Screenshot_2016-09-21-05-30-21-1_zpsx1bnxxq9.png

Former Tottenham and Manchester United striker Teddy Sheringham is set to miss out on the head coach role at Newcastle Jets.

Teddy Sheringham applied to replace Scott Miller last week but Newcastle Jets are "leaning towards a local coach"

According to a source close to the Jets' senior management, CEO Lawrie McKinna hasn't been impressed with Sheringham's bid to replace Scott Miller after the ex-England international put his hand up for the job last week.

Instead it appears Adelaide United's W-League and youth team coach Mark Jones is the frontrunner to take over at Hunter Stadium, with current Jets youth coach Clayton Zane likely to step into the vacant assistant coach role.

Zane, who was a caretaker at Newcastle during the 2013-14 season, is currently leading senior training in the absence of Miller and assistant coach Luciano Trani.

Jones, a former Jets assistant coach from 2006 to 2010 and in the 2015-16 season, has had a long association with McKinna, including assisting the latter when he was in charge of Chongqing Lifan in 2011-12.

Newcastle's preparations for the 2016-17 A-League season were thrown into turmoil earlier this month when Miller and assistant coach Luciano Trani were sacked on consecutive days.

The former Central Coast Mariners coach added he was "leaning towards a local coach".

"I've always been an advocate for Australian coaches because if you're bringing someone in from overseas, they have to be better than what you've got here… if the local boys are good enough, they deserve to get a chance," McKinna said.

Sources have revealed that apart from Jones, the initial shortlist included Adelaide City's Damian Mori, Arthur Papas of Green Gully and former A-League champion coach Mike Mulvey - who is currently coaching Terengganu in the Malaysian Super League, plus Darren Stewart and Gary Phillips.

Stewart - a former Socceroos defender - was born in Newcastle and played for the Newcastle Breakers in the National Soccer League (NSL), while he has coached in Singapore for over a decade and is currently in charge of the Maldives national team.

Phillips - who played for Sydney Olympic and Brisbane Strikers in the NSL - is coaching NS Matrix in Malaysia's second division.

Sheringham is one of the best strikers in Premier League history - he sits ninth in the all-time scorers list with 146 goals - but has limited managerial experience, having only led League Two's Stevenage for the first half of last season.

The 50-year-old was touted as a package deal with another former Premier League striker Michael Bridges, but its understood that the latter - who played for the Jets for five seasons - could still be an option as an assistant coach.

Rowdy

Jets secure teenage star:
emerging-jets-graduate-kristian-brymora-has-been-promoted-to-newcastle-jets-senior-squad_3ji5k9onma5u19sciu6kvzmg3.jpg

17-year-old attacker Kristian Brymora is the latest player to join Newcastle Jets’ first team squad after the Emerging Jets graduate finalised a one-season contract with his hometown Hyundai A-League club on Wednesday.

Timmah

The fanbase there appear to be hating the appointment. Apparently Jones' name is mud in many parts of the community.

Forum Phoenix

Dont think its about dollars - think its Lawrie clearly ticking the support australian coaches box and the strategy to build a newy local - coz we're fully engaged with da community model...

Imagine telling a scum fan ten years ago.., in a decade you will be run by lawrie and strategically trying to become more like us.

Bahaha.

Rowdy

Screenshot_2016-09-24-08-22-05-1_zps85f01znl.png

IF only, then Lawrie could of given the Assistant Coaching role to his other mate, Ian Ferguson - reversing the FNQ Fury roles of who's in charge.

Scummer heads would've 'imploded'.:vhappy:

Last edited:

Wombat

14355507_1399915380036548_791278427134729447_n.jpg

Lawrie's new home.:vhappy:

We've lined you up a nice office Lawrie.....one of our foundation members has just upgraded and donated it to the club. You will have to write him a letter of thanks (crayons are on your desk) and please do a basic sketch drawing, so he can follow the writing.

Last edited:

Rowdy

Jets to sign Chinese winger Ma Leilei:
gettyimages-87844721.jpg

Newcastle Jets are on the verge of signing Chinese player Ma Leilei, who has had practically no first-team football in three years, allegedly to satisfy the A-League club's new Chinese owners.

Ma arrives in Australia on Thursday night and is expected to finalise a contract in the coming days.

The 27-year-old winger's imminent signing stems from the desire of new Jets owners, Martin Lee's Ledman Group, to have a Chinese player on the books so as to increase interest in the club in his home country.

Information on Ma is scant, but according to various databases he has not made any first-team appearances since early 2014, when he played a handful of matches with second-tier Chinese outfits Meizhou Hakka FC and Qingdao Jonoon.

His best years came between 2008 and 2012 with Chinese Super League side Tianjin Teda, notching 37 games over five seasons.

During that time he played against Central Coast in the Asian Champions League.

Ma trialled for the Jets during August's pre-season tour of China, coming off the bench in three friendlies.

Given sacked coach Scott Miller was still at the helm, his successor Mark Jones has never seen him play.

The primary concern will be Ma's fitness, and it's unclear whether Jones will find himself under any pressure to give Ma game time if it is not warranted.

Rowdy

'... allegedly to satisfy the A-League club's new Chinese owners.'

My local Chinese does a good 'take-away'

Jets owner, Martin Lee obviously prefers his Chinese home delivered.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred