• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The FINALS thread

offtheball

tikky said:
12B's Major Semi
SEU 1 def Woy Woy 0

16 A's 4th place playoff
Ourimbah 3 def Berkley Vale
Whooh! Well done boys. Good effort! That means last years champions are out, finishing 5th!

16C's (i think) minor semi
Doylo def Wyoming (4-3 in penalties, dunno actual score)
I was very impressed from the little I saw of this game- but the extra time (scoreless) and penalty shootout was very entertaining!
Doylo led shootout 3-0 (3 out first 3)- wyoming clawed back to 3-3 (after missing first 2)- sudden death and Doylo scored, Wyoming didn't.

I must say I was somewhat impressed by the standard of C's. It's improved IMO
On that point recent A grade matches have left me feeling somewhat underwhelmed.
Eg. 18A's. I think the standard has dropped...although for my money in 18A's Kincumber play the best brand of football (that said I was informed that the Kanwal I saw wasn't playing their best...)

How come there was a play off for fourth and it didn't go on goal difference?

Gopher of Pern

FFC Mariner said:
serious14 said:
Bear said:
iv seen a thailand premier league game live, the top league in thailand

greggo would carve that

Can confirm, true story etc. - as enjoyable as that experience was, no word of a lie, Grego would tear them apart.

;D

Fairly big queue starting to build up outside Pluim this evening to see the "peoples champion"

1pm KO I believe

Bigger crowd there than for the mariners! Get your parking spot early! :)

Ted

offtheball said:
tikky said:
12B's Major Semi
SEU 1 def Woy Woy 0

16 A's 4th place playoff
Whooh! Well done boys. Good effort! That means last years champions are out, finishing 5th!

I was very impressed from the little I saw of this game- but the extra time (scoreless) and penalty shootout was very entertaining!
Doylo led shootout 3-0 (3 out first 3)- wyoming clawed back to 3-3 (after missing first 2)- sudden death and Doylo scored, Wyoming didn't.

On that point recent A grade matches have left me feeling somewhat underwhelmed.
Eg. 18A's. I think the standard has dropped...although for my money in 18A's Kincumber play the best brand of football (that said I was informed that the Kanwal I saw wasn't playing their best...)

I'd also like to know whyif its true. My Killarney 13Bs were ripped by a forfeit game we never knew about and tied in 4th place with the team we were supposed to play (Avoca). To read a play off game for 4th place happened just adds fuel to the fire. btw Avoca were knocked out yesterday and it should have been us playing the bloody minor semi against Kariong who we had beaten twice before. I'M NOT F#@KIN HAPPY!  :redcard:

masmariner

Ted said:
offtheball said:
tikky said:
12B's Major Semi
SEU 1 def Woy Woy 0

16 A's 4th place playoff

I'd also like to know whyif its true. My Killarney 13Bs were ripped by a forfeit game we never knew about and tied in 4th place with the team we were supposed to play (Avoca). To read a play off game for 4th place happened just adds fuel to the fire. btw Avoca were knocked out yesterday and it should have been us playing the bloody minor semi against Kariong who we had beaten twice before. I'M NOT F#@KIN HAPPY!  :redcard:

Pretty poor really Ted, here's a strange one for you,  can you tell me why Terrigal 13A's were meant to play Killarney 13A's yeaterday at 2.40PM in the semi's even though Killarney finished six on the table (Terrigal finished third) (if you can find one to look at). Apparently Ourimbah complained to FNSW as they finished fourth and were not in the semi's. ???  there is some dispute over an earlier result this year. There is a hearing on tuesday to sort it out as far as I know. 

Ted

masmariner said:
Ted said:
offtheball said:
tikky said:
12B's Major Semi
SEU 1 def Woy Woy 0

16 A's 4th place playoff

Pretty poor really Ted, here's a strange one for you,  can you tell me why Terrigal 13A's were meant to play Killarney 13A's yeaterday at 2.40PM in the semi's even though Killarney finished six on the table (Terrigal finished third) (if you can find one to look at). Apparently Ourimbah complained to FNSW as they finished fourth and were not in the semi's. ???  there is some dispute over an earlier result this year. There is a hearing on tuesday to sort it out as far as I know. 

Yes the 13As minor semi was halted due to the fact a game was originally played between Ourimbah and Killarney. Killarney won the game and for some reason the results of the game were misplaced by CCF. A 2nd game was forced on them and played and Ourimbah won. This put Ourimbah in 4th at the end of the comp. The Killarney 13A coach continually complained via many many emails and finally CCF admitted the error and found the original results from game 1. Now Ourimbah are disputing it by lodging an appeal.

Ted

I have attached the final table and if you deduct 3 from Ourimbah and give it to Killarney it puts Killarney in 4th.

masmariner

Well Ted thanks for the info, were heard there was some dispute over an earlier result, no winners here as some kids could miss out on semi's when they thought they could be playing.
I was down watching 14 A's and 14 B's from Killarney yesterday and wondered why pluim 1 was not being played on for an hour or so prior to their game.
I spoke to some Terrigal parents and they couldn't understand why they were down to play Killarney in the first place, when they allegedly finished 6th. Surely the final table should have been "correct" and shown them finishing fourth.

Ted

masmariner said:
Well Ted thanks for the info, were heard there was some dispute over an earlier result, no winners here as some kids could miss out on semi's when they thought they could be playing.
I was down watching 14 A's and 14 B's from Killarney yesterday and wondered why pluim 1 was not being played on for an hour or so prior to their game.
I spoke to some Terrigal parents and they couldn't understand why they were down to play Killarney in the first place, when they allegedly finished 6th. Surely the final table should have been "correct" and shown them finishing fourth.

no probs mate, i have actually heard that Killarney 13A also won the 2nd game but the points were given to Ourimbah. Yeah I know the feeling when you should be playing in the finals and another team is playing in your place.

Results for my 13Bs last seven games were

Drew with Avoca 1-1 draw (washout game and the day we learnt of the forfeit)
Defeated Kariong 3-2
Defeated Doyalson 1-0
Defeated Avoca 2-0
Defeated Umina 3-2
Defeated Woy Woy 2-1
Drew with Kariong 1-1

Ted

The Killarney 13B forfeit game with Avoca was due to a corrupt file. This meant a forfeit was also called between Killarney 12Cs and Terrigal. CCF forced Terrigal to replay the game but apparently brushed the 13B game against Avoca aside. All complaints we made were in vain....

BAD BULLZ

We lost in a shootout our own fault for letting it go that far the peoples champ took a very sexy penalty and probably should ve taken the one we had saved in regular time as he hasnt missed all year but for some reason we changed the kicker i scored our regular time goal picking up the scaps off a top shot that hit cross bar

we now have east gosford at pluim at 12 we just gonna have to do it the hard way now. :headbutt: :headbutt: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup:

T

Gos WAA5 2s lost in the last 10secs of out Major Semi Final. After taking the lead in the first 20mins we held on till the last 10mins, when Tuggerah scored a beautiful goal. Everyone thought that we were headed for extra time when we scored a goal for them :(

Well done to Tuggerah, they never let up their pressure. I couldn't be prouder of the Gosford girls who played an awesome game. We now have to play 9am at the Entrance next Sun :(

Thanks to all those who came to watch our game to!!  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Kanwal Bull

BAD BULLZ said:
We lost in a shootout our own fault for letting it go that far the peoples champ took a very sexy penalty and probably should ve taken the one we had saved in regular time as he hasnt missed all year but for some reason we changed the kicker i scored our regular time goal picking up the scaps off a top shot that hit cross bar

we now have east gosford at pluim at 12 we just gonna have to do it the hard way now. :headbutt: :headbutt: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup:

the penalty was the only good thing I did all game tho..

Gopher of Pern

T said:
Gos WAA5 2s lost in the last 10secs of out Major Semi Final. After taking the lead in the first 20mins we held on till the last 10mins, when Tuggerah scored a beautiful goal. Everyone thought that we were headed for extra time when we scored a goal for them :(

Well done to Tuggerah, they never let up their pressure. I couldn't be prouder of the Gosford girls who played an awesome game. We now have to play 9am at the Entrance next Sun :(

You girls were the better side on the day, but Tuggerah did come home strongly in the last 10 mins. It was an exciting match to watch!

People's Champion said:
BAD BULLZ said:

the penalty was the only good thing I did all game tho..

True. The People's Champion choked after all the hype on the forum!
Penalty was a cracker though. Keeper had no chance, even if he wasn't dazzled by your brilliance! :p

J

jiggles

T said:

I shat myself numerous times during that game (once when I though Harker was going to be beat up for stealing a childs ball...) but it was a great game to watch and you Gosford girls all played brilliantly! All the best next week!

Id like to say good luck to the WAA5 Gosford and Doylo teams next week. Both had great games on Sunday and no matter the out come both teams have had a great season.
Also congrats to the Tuggerah girls making it to the grand final in two weeks time. Rest up girls you'll need it when facing one of these teams. 

Wombat

Kariong 035B beat East Gosford 2.1 in major Semi.

We march on to the Grand Final against either Rams 1 or 2's (i'm tipping 2's).

This was a very very tough game against a very good side.

Again we gave away 2 penalties (thankfully our keeper saved the first) but took the game in extra time 2.1.

I was shattered after this game as it was bloody hot and the East Gosso players showed massive guts and never faded.

Pretty happy and only 1 more game to go!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred