• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The FINALS thread

Bear

iv seen a thailand premier league game live, the top league in thailand

greggo would carve that

pretty sure he could handle anything 1st grade on the coast

Kareem

OJ said:
I could generallise and  say that most people playing all age are either not good enough to play grade, do not have the commitment to play grade or dont want to play grade for what ever collective or individual reason. Grade football should take priority over all age whether the standard is perceived to be higher or not.
:goodpost:
this is what I am talking about...not everyone wants to train religiously. Some people prefer lower level, etc.
Some clubs are admittedly harder to make it than others (ok i admit, captain obvious :p) eg. wyoming vs ourimbah

Kareem

marinermick said:
and i have seen ourimbah first grade play and greggo would most certainly waltz in that team
ROFL
where would u play him, on the 3rd wing?
he doesnt compare to our guys (eg. deanez)- but whatever you want ot think
I think Ourimbah are well covered for wingers- especially left wingers next year ;)

admittedly we are weak in a few positions- does he play sweeper? :p
(currently our CM plays there)

OJ

Kareem said:
OJ said:
I could generallise and  say that most people playing all age are either not good enough to play grade, do not have the commitment to play grade or dont want to play grade for what ever collective or individual reason. Grade football should take priority over all age whether the standard is perceived to be higher or not.
:goodpost:
this is what I am talking about...not everyone wants to train religiously. Some people prefer lower level, etc.
Some clubs are admittedly harder to make it than others (ok i admit, captain obvious :p) eg. wyoming vs ourimbah

Thanks kareem

BAD BULLZ

Kareem are you trying to say that greggo wouldn't make a team that you ve been selected for? ::)

As for his position he owns any part of the midfield specifically attacking mid carves as a striker and no matter which position he's in he's always able to get back and cover in the backs win the ball back and then gets forward and helps with the attack again every game all game.

Kanwal Bull

Kareem said:
I have barely seen kanwal MAA1 play...but I would expect Avoca ressies to give them a good belting...but then again Avoca ressies managed to dominate their 1st grade side in a game a few weeks back :p
2-1 the score.

Dude most of our AA1's team, including myself played Avoca ressies a few years back in the grand final and we smashed em 5-0...

razza

marinermick said:
razza said:
marinermick said:
razza said:
3pm Kareem, field 1 after all age 1.

marinermick said:
Kareem said:
razza said:
avoca vs terrigal- div 1 reserve grade. major. hopefully get up this week. pretty sure we'll vs kareem in the grand final if we do get up.

if your on at 1pm (bad bullz) main stage that means we're probably out the back somewhere. That sucks big time
why on earth would ressies play on back field when MAA1 play on main field?
I understand if it was a GF...but it just doesnt make any sense
Looks like I will have to bring my foldup chair :p

because the standard of all age one is far superior to premier league second division reserve grade

there are players running around your comp that wouldn't get a run in my grade (5s)

obviously you haven't seen our team play mick ;)
but to be fair haven't seen an all age 1 game all year, so have no idea

no, i have plenty of idea because i have played both grades

have you?

kareem tells how his 40+ year old coach, who has not played at any decent level for years, has played for them and carved and scored goals

and then i know of players like greggo and hatchy in eggy's team who would carve in ourimbah's first team let alone their reserve team

And to be fair your comparing the best team in all age 1 with a team that didn't make the semis in first grade and a team that finished 20 odd points of 1st in reserves (ps not hacking kareem).

i am comparing a team that came second in all age one with a team that came second in PL2 reserve grade

the fact is that all age one is graded so the better players from the lower grades are often selected in ones, while in many cases the reserve grade teams in PL2s often struggle to get team - sometimes they don't

and i have seen ourimbah first grade play and greggo would most certainly waltz in that team

3rd actually mick and finished 25 points behind us.

And i agree with your second point.

PS. People's champ, i think we've changed a bit since a few years ago, but granted 5-0 nil win in grand final is good in any division.

Kanwal Bull

I dont doubt you have changed.. I know a few of the better players in the side then no longer play for them.. but thats not to say they were replaced with better players..

BAD BULLZ

marinermick said:
razza said:
marinermick said:
razza said:
3pm Kareem, field 1 after all age 1.

marinermick said:
Kareem said:
razza said:
avoca vs terrigal- div 1 reserve grade. major. hopefully get up this week. pretty sure we'll vs kareem in the grand final if we do get up.

if your on at 1pm (bad bullz) main stage that means we're probably out the back somewhere. That sucks big time
why on earth would ressies play on back field when MAA1 play on main field?
I understand if it was a GF...but it just doesnt make any sense
Looks like I will have to bring my foldup chair :p

because the standard of all age one is far superior to premier league second division reserve grade

there are players running around your comp that wouldn't get a run in my grade (5s)

obviously you haven't seen our team play mick ;)
but to be fair haven't seen an all age 1 game all year, so have no idea

no, i have plenty of idea because i have played both grades

have you?

kareem tells how his 40+ year old coach, who has not played at any decent level for years, has played for them and carved and scored goals

and then i know of players like greggo and hatchy in eggy's team who would carve in ourimbah's first team let alone their reserve team

And to be fair your comparing the best team in all age 1 with a team that didn't make the semis in first grade and a team that finished 20 odd points of 1st in reserves (ps not hacking kareem).

i am comparing a team that came second in all age one with a team that came second in PL2 reserve grade

the fact is that all age one is graded so the better players from the lower grades are often selected in ones, while in many cases the reserve grade teams in PL2s often struggle to get team - sometimes they don't

We finished 1st

Sorry just like saying that

Kareem

BAD BULLZ said:
Kareem are you trying to say that greggo wouldn't make a team that you ve been selected for? ::)

As for his position he owns any part of the midfield specifically attacking mid carves as a striker and no matter which position he's in he's always able to get back and cover in the backs win the ball back and then gets forward and helps with the attack again every game all game.
i rarely play 1st grade (2 bench games). Besides I'm confident enough to back myself!
...and mick's quote wasnt just that he would make it...that he would carve it up. A bit over the top...
And i dont care of what he does in All age 1...1st grade is a different ball game.
I dont refute any of above claims regarding greggo in respect to reserve grade...
but regardless of players capability for reserve grade or the rare (players even better than the mystical greggo) that could slot into decent 1st grade sides (Toukley and possibly Tuggerah excluded), reserve grade is the superior competition, as simple as that.
Massive lol considering that they have both ended up playing field 1 anyway!

Can i just ask why the peoples champion Greggo didn't play for his kanwal premier league team rather than AA1 seeing as how he is obviously the best player in all of kanwal???

J

jiggles

Quit the sarcasm guys. Greggo is a good player, and has loyalties to his team. Just drop the issue ok? 90% of you have probably never seen him play and are just being cumtwats for the sake of it.

They're just jealous Greggo ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred