• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The FINALS thread

Alicia

MAJOR SEMI !!!

Gosford WAA5 2's V Tuggerah @ Pluim, kick off 10am

just got the official email through.... both T (coach) and myself (manager) got a little nervous and excited.

Will be a tough game.  Regardless of the result, we are very proud of the girls.  Neither of us can play so we will be in the dug out cheering on our girls in red :D

BAD BULLZ

AA1 major semi
bullz vs berka 1pm pluim main field at this stage :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup:

Anyone know what time mountains vs east gosford s minor semi kicks off

razza

avoca vs terrigal- div 1 reserve grade. major. hopefully get up this week. pretty sure we'll vs kareem in the grand final if we do get up.

if your on at 1pm (bad bullz) main stage that means we're probably out the back somewhere. That sucks big time

J

jiggles

Good Luck Gosford WAA5's!! I'll be there to cheer you on :) Will drag Kenickie along too :p

FFC Mariner

Alicia said:
MAJOR SEMI !!!

just got the official email through.... both T (coach) and myself (manager) got a little nervous and excited.

Will be a tough game.  Regardless of the result, we are very proud of the girls.  Neither of us can play so we will be in the dug out cheering on our girls in red :D

Will knob head fans be allowed?

adz

Staff member
FFC Mariner said:
Alicia said:
MAJOR SEMI !!!

Will knob head fans be allowed?

Dunno but we will be there. Apparently it's "alcohol free" ( as opposed to free alcohol :( ) so other arrangements will have to be made.

Kareem

razza said:
avoca vs terrigal- div 1 reserve grade. major. hopefully get up this week. pretty sure we'll vs kareem in the grand final if we do get up.

if your on at 1pm (bad bullz) main stage that means we're probably out the back somewhere. That sucks big time
why on earth would ressies play on back field when MAA1 play on main field?
I understand if it was a GF...but it just doesnt make any sense
Looks like I will have to bring my foldup chair :p

marinermick

Kareem said:
razza said:

because the standard of all age one is far superior to premier league second division reserve grade

there are players running around your comp that wouldn't get a run in my grade (5s)

WELL INFORMED

BAD BULLZ said:
AA1 major semi
bullz vs berka 1pm pluim main field at this stage :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup:

Anyone know what time mountains vs east gosford s minor semi kicks off

MAA1 MINOR SEMI
Sunday 13-Sep UMI1 1430 MAA 1 MTN EGO MINOR

Chimmi

Alicia said:
MAJOR SEMI !!!

Yup - Awesome of the team to actually be in a major semi!!! Looking forward to Sunday - but will really miss not playing when the season is over!

razza

3pm Kareem, field 1 after all age 1.

marinermick said:
Kareem said:
razza said:

because the standard of all age one is far superior to premier league second division reserve grade

there are players running around your comp that wouldn't get a run in my grade (5s)

obviously you haven't seen our team play mick ;)
but to be fair haven't seen an all age 1 game all year, so have no idea

Kareem

all i'll admit is that there are some players that should be playing 5s...i think even the very worst of reserve grade (eg. some of toukleys players)- would have players still capable of performing in 5s IMHO. And there are some players in our grade- you wonder how on earth they aren't making 1st grade...just one of those things!

marinermick

razza said:

marinermick said:
Kareem said:
razza said:

no, i have plenty of idea because i have played both grades

have you?

kareem tells how his 40+ year old coach, who has not played at any decent level for years, has played for them and carved and scored goals

and then i know of players like greggo and hatchy in eggy's team who would carve in ourimbah's first team let alone their reserve team

Kareem

marinermick said:
razza said:

marinermick said:
Kareem said:
razza said:

have you?

kareem tells how his 40+ year old coach, who has not played at any decent level for years, has played for them and carved and scored goals

and then i know of players like greggo and hatchy in eggy's team who would carve in ourimbah's first team let alone their reserve team
rofl greggo (no offence to him) wouldnt make our 1st grade side. i don't know if hatchy would...i have no clue who that is
It's true though a lot of MAA1 are good enough for reserve grade...but still generally reserve grade >>> MAA1.
I have barely seen kanwal MAA1 play...but I would expect Avoca ressies to give them a good belting...but then again Avoca ressies managed to dominate their 1st grade side in a game a few weeks back :p
2-1 the score

and the only reason my coach has had any effect tbh is his mentality.

razza

marinermick said:
razza said:

marinermick said:
Kareem said:
razza said:

have you?

no i haven't mick.
And i also said i haven't seen an all age 1 game this year, so yes i would have no idea how good they are. For all i know we could get smashed.

And to be fair your comparing the best team in all age 1 with a team that didn't make the semis in first grade and a team that finished 20 odd points of 1st in reserves (ps not hacking kareem).

Obviously without seeing any all age 1, you could imagine there being plenty of players being able to slot into reserves and firsts in Div 1 quite easily. I think it's too difficult to compare. 

OJ

I could generallise and  say that most people playing all age are either not good enough to play grade, do not have the commitment to play grade or dont want to play grade for what ever collective or individual reason. Grade football should take priority over all age whether the standard is perceived to be higher or not.

marinermick

razza said:
marinermick said:
razza said:

marinermick said:
Kareem said:
razza said:

have you?

And to be fair your comparing the best team in all age 1 with a team that didn't make the semis in first grade and a team that finished 20 odd points of 1st in reserves (ps not hacking kareem).

i am comparing a team that came second in all age one with a team that came second in PL2 reserve grade

the fact is that all age one is graded so the better players from the lower grades are often selected in ones, while in many cases the reserve grade teams in PL2s often struggle to get team - sometimes they don't

and i have seen ourimbah first grade play and greggo would most certainly waltz in that team

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred