• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Tards Round 1 Match Thread

Sacko

I was impressed by the amount of pressing the midfield did and that really stopped them from getting the ball into dangerous positions in the 1st half.

The second half we sat back a little bit more which have them more possession in dangerous areas, especially after Simon went off as the long balls didn't stick with BigD as well which meant the wide guys didn't push on to provide as much support. There was a great run from Kwassie towards the end of the but he just ran out of puff for a meaningful shot.

Overall verdict, a positive start which needs to be backed up against the scum next Friday as we will need to score twice again because Sasho is a dead cert to score against us...

SACKO!     

LFCMariners

My biggest concern now is that, depending on how the Scum go against the Nix, our boys will think next Friday night is a given 3 points and then get rolled. They really need to up the intensity at training this next week, and make giving the Scum a record hiding their goal. I'd hate to see all of last nights' hard work undone with the Scummers grabbing an upset win.

To beat that mob 6-0 in our first home game of the season would be SWEEEEEEEET.....

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

My view from the stadium (and we all know what a rubbish spot that corner is for actually seeing what's happening) -

2nd half was pretty stressful - we basically defended for 45 minutes.  When we did attack, there was virtually no support whatsoever.  Not sure if they had slacked off, if they were hanging back due to the need to defend, or if it was fitness - either way it wasn't good, and a lack of support in attack is one of the problems that have plagued us.  There were a few good runs made from Heff and others down the left hand side, they'd come near the corner, look up, see nobody there and just think 'wtf?' and MV would come away with the ball.

Simon was starting to get belted around a bit too (is it my imagination, or are there a few more MV players now acting like Musc**t?), though he still got in there and had a go.

Another distressing point: We still have nobody marking the back post on corners.

I know I'll probably get shot down for being negative, but our goals were, I thought, both a bit luck - they happened without really being created.  MV certainly created a few opportunities - perhaps more than we did, but wasted them.  If their strikers were on the mark, the scoreline could well have been very different.

From the grandstand it looked like a messy game.  Gritty, but messy - MV fell to bits after the 2 quick goals, and that helped us a lot in the first half whereas in the 2nd half the control of play switched from us to them.

Fortunately, they did get very few chances considering their duration of attack - our defence has certainly improved considerably.

Took a while for our midfield to get warmed up though, but once they did I think they were the deciding factor in the first half (hard to tell in the 2nd half - the game was too far away!).

Certainly positive, and if we can polish our game a bit we have the potential to look very dangerous.

The boys seemed a bit more disciplined too, not getting sucked into the thuggery of MV, which is a big plus, and gives me a lot of confidence for next week (discipline is often the deciding factor in the local derbies - and where we tend to fall short)

Oh, and Travis took some of the meanest looking corners I've ever seen....some ace corner taking...

Atomic

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:

Oh, and Travis took some of the meanest looking corners I've ever seen....some ace corner taking...

The first corner he took was wicked! My jaw just dropped. If this is a preview of what is to come this season then we can expect a few goals from this area

serious14

Atomic said:
Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:

The first corner he took was wicked! My jaw just dropped. If this is a preview of what is to come this season then we can expect a few goals from this area

+ 1 million.  That was some 50's style swing right there.

scottmac

Suspended
Cant wait to see Huke in this line up. We will be very f**ken solid. Who will get the arse from the bench though? Elrich would be my bet. I reckon the A-League need to revisit the number of subs you can sit on the bench.

FFC Mariner

We are the Aryan boys
Stand up and make some noise

(Sorry, not meaning to be racist but we do tend towards tall, blonde/light haired dont we?)

serious14

FFC Mariner said:
We are the Aryan boys
Stand up and make some noise

http://twitter.com/fakebenbuckley

"Did anyone ever notice that Mariners players all look the same? It's like the Third Reich all over again".

icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

typool

im not a big fan on nik Mrdja, but we needed him with those free kicks just outside the 18 yrd box

FFC Mariner

I thought Pedj had got the hang of Niks technique quite well.

1 smack into the wall, 1 over the bar.

Could have been Nik himself it was so lifelike

Gopher of Pern

And wasn't the one into the wall right into Matty?

If you're gonna hit the wall, at least do some damage to the opposition. Face, nads, just hit something!

dru

Was well worth the trip down to see a deflated crowd in Ethiad Stadium, also nice to know that the tards still haven't brushed up on geography :p

Same again next week please! :D

Andre_1

Hey Dru, great result last night almost dream like! Saw you on the box a few times keep up the good work!

Andre_1

David Votoupal said:
It's a longer season and hence plenty of time for any team to make up lost ground. But I think breaking that duck and hitting the ground early is monumentally important this time round, and it shows.
For both the team and fans alike methinks?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred