• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Tards Round 1 Match Thread

midfielder

First for the season

My run on team assuming all fit aside from Huke & Matty who are still out as I understand it . Remember it is a Thursday night game as well... so about a week away...

Danny

Pedji      Wilko        Doig        Heff

Elrich      Travis        Porter    Caceras

Mrdja    McGlinchey     

Bench: Boogs, Macca, Redders, Hutch, 

Mariners victory 2 - 1... Travis & McGlinchey to score...

bulldogmariner

You are assuming a lot there.
Matt Simon will play.
McGlinchey hasnt even signed yet. So how will he score if he doesnt sign.

serious14

4-1 to Melbourne, Lawrie to play that annoyingly high line defence he always does against Melbourne, and the two A's to run riot.

And Midfielder - that team doesn't have Hutcho.  C'mon man, you know how that works.  :p

midfielder

bulldogmariner said:
You are assuming a lot there.
Matt Simon will play.
McGlinchey hasnt even signed yet. So how will he score if he doesnt sign.

Good news on Matty thanks for that ... Mike C in the smh said we were signing McGlinchey so assumed it would happen before next Thursday ...

But with Matty & McG up front ... they will be a handfull

midfielder

serious14 said:
4-1 to Melbourne, Lawrie to play that annoyingly high line defence he always does against Melbourne, and the two A's to run riot.

And Midfielder - that team doesn't have Hutcho.  C'mon man, you know how that works.  :p

Now Now Serious Hutch has to earn his place in the team, and I trust LM to pick the best and IMO Porter is a better nay much better player 

serious14

midfielder said:
serious14 said:

Now Now Serious Hutch has to earn his place in the team, and I trust LM to pick the best and IMO Porter is a better nay much better player 

I agree 200% whole heartedly, but do you _really_, deep down honestly expect Hutch not to start??

bjw

bjw
Head: Mariners 1 - Melbourne 1 (with a last minute, heart-breaking equaliser from Thompson)

heart: Mariners 2 - Melbourne 1

Jesus

Jesus
midfielder said:
First for the season

My run on team assuming all fit aside from Huke & Matty who are still out as I understand it . Remember it is a Thursday night game as well... so about a week away...

Danny

Pedji      Wilko        Doig        Heff

Elrich      Travis        Porter    Caceras

Mrdja    McGlinchey     

Bench: Boogs, Macca, Redders, Hutch, 

Mariners victory 2 - 1... Travis & McGlinchey to score...

Cant see elrich or caceras starting.
Pedj would have to be cm  given how much he has played there this pre-season.

For me the lineup i expect is

Danny

Boogs      Wilko      Doig    Sonic

Porter    Mcgl      Pedj      Malta Int

Simon    Kwas

Bench travis, elrich/caceras, Macca/mrdja, Redders/yth keeper

If macca is not injured he would take a place up front, simon may start from bench depending on fitness.

Mariners to surprise many with a 2-0 win. Wilko a stand out with doigs help.

Heffernan header and Simon tap in from porter cross.

Statue

To be honest i can see melbourne not living up to expectations, they are basicly doing what they done when they won the league last time, go out the next season with almost the same side not many new signings. It will be interesting to see if they peform like they did last year or die in the ass like they did after winning the league last time.

jaypee

Farthinator said:
To be honest i can see melbourne not living up to expectations, they are basicly doing what they done when they won the league last time, go out the next season with almost the same side not many new signings. It will be interesting to see if they peform like they did last year or die in the ass like they did after winning the league last time.

The issue they had last time though was Fred was their playmaker and he left. Once he left their whole game plan fell apart. This time round they haven't lost the like of Hernandez etc so not a whole lot of change...

nero

Maltese Int. on the bench for this one. If we need someone to fall over, bring him on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred