• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Tards Round 1 Match Thread

tuftman

serious14 said:
motivator80cbfa29c489f20f37b543f9d1.jpg

;)

You sir, win a prize

1249569916152.png

Forum Phoenix

Dats funny ;D (Merrick Poster)

You know what else is funny... Merrick's actually a good guy... when he's winning, but he's a petty sour prick whenever things start to go wrong. NEVER, EVER, seen him give the opposing side genuine credit (even when he says credit to them).

Fantastic match. Fantastic result.

Thats how you beat free flowing teams on their own turf. You don't let them play. McKinna master class. Consider yourself schooled Ernie. The perfect formation to shut the Allsop and Archie out. Wasn't a 4, 3, 3 at all. Well maybe once or twice when w countered. It was a 4 3 2 1 mostly that morphed regularly into a 4 5 1.

Very very exciting performance. Melbourne weren't bad. We were too good. We have now shown that we have half the skills to top the league this year. Our defence has improved out of sight and we finally looks like we might know how to truly close down a game, frustrate opponents and stop shipping goals. While an unsuccessful campaign, and not withstanding our new signings, I think the hard learned lessons of the ACL may have helped in this regard.

To win the league, you need to be able to play games like this. Take a goal and close it down - end of story. We were good at getting on the scoresheet last year. BUt f**ked if we could ever then close a game down.  Everyone deserves massive credit, but Doig, Wilko and Pedj were immense and Boogs in the air on corners was invaluable.

Now all we need to see is our potential to play a more free flowing attacking game with good posession football and damned if I won't think we have what it takes to really make a go at it again this year.

I think we can play this football too. Now we just need a team to thrash to prove it...

CUE Jest.

Doig calf cramp, he'll be fine. By the way he was walking, not even a grade 1 tear I'd say, so should be ok for next week. Or at the very least the week after.

Great question Grelig. Nay, brilliant.

Oh, and I like I'm sure many others made some good dosh tonight!
Had 50 on the win and another 30 on Mariners/Mariners!
Oh but how I love my yellows...

David Votoupal

It's a longer season and hence plenty of time for any team to make up lost ground. But I think breaking that duck and hitting the ground early is monumentally important this time round, and it shows.

Muppet

Sweet win last night. I think that it shows that the defence has stiffened this year with the inclusion of the new lads. I do note in some opf the reporting this morning how CCM were 'lucky' to win.

For a start I don't call 2-0 lucky. If it had been Sydney FC with a 2-0 result I have no doubt words such as grit, great defence and skill would have been used. Stuff em all I say a win is a win and it's 3 points in the bag. GO THE MARINERS!! :pirashoot:

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
Muppet said:
Sweet win last night. I think that it shows that the defence has stiffened this year with the inclusion of the new lads. I do note in some opf the reporting this morning how CCM were 'lucky' to win.

For a start I don't call 2-0 lucky. If it had been Sydney FC with a 2-0 result I have no doubt words such as grit, great defence and skill would have been used. Stuff em all I say a win is a win and it's 3 points in the bag. GO THE MARINERS!! :pirashoot:

Yep, as a supporter of the Mariners, I'm used to being dissed, lol ...... well done Mariners ,,,, and I'm so verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry  :vhappy:

Part_Timer

awsome away trip, melbournes active support is amazing, even if they have alot of hero dick heads floating around, the game was exciting, sureal and tence to watch live.
Side note; the whole team coming over after game and interacting with the fans was amazing and a big plus for the nite. As heff said "were back" 

MARSHP1

Great start! Not too worried about the yellows as we will have suspensions throughout the season and it's not like all the guys will be out at once. Considering we had the likes of Elrich,D-mac,Huke,Clark,Travis ( yes, i know he got one when he came on!),Caceres,Mrjda, that didn't start, we have lot's of cover. Still one or two more guys to come in as well which will further strengthen the squad. When someone get's a chance they should be busting a gut to keep their place and that's the beauty of having a competitive squad.Lot's of the other teams don't have that. 3 new boys did great but also think Pedj,Kwassie and Boogs will have a great season.

midfielder

Heard a sound grab in a mates car I think on the ABC ... someone asked LM what do you think of MV... classic LM answer ... I can see why they want a rugby team...

dibo

I was interested to see on the teev that 'casual' now means snazzy jacket *and* supporters' group scarf. Curiouser and curiouser. Seems a bit like an undercover officer wearing a namebadge to me.

Atomic

Part_Timer said:
awsome away trip, melbournes active support is amazing, even if they have alot of hero dick heads floating around, the game was exciting, sureal and tence to watch live.
Side note; the whole team coming over after game and interacting with the fans was amazing and a big plus for the nite. As heff said "were back" 

Yeah, I noticed the interaction between the team and the crowd on the TV last night. Even lawrie was getting in on the act. That was somthing that was missing last season and it really pissed me off. Travelling supporters sacrifice a lot to travel interstate and to be acknowlegded with a half-arsed clap from the edge of the box is insulting.

Lets hope that this year is different. Well done to the boys on the victory and for showing the supporters the respect they deserve.

And well done to everyone that made the trip.

ballantyne

Jazzie said:
Muppet said:

I agree. Robbie Slater's opinion was a moral Victory for Melbourne and CCM would "have to try a lot harder". I guess when a person is proved wrong they can either admit it or talk crap. Most media types would opt for the latter.

Deej

How good was Pedj last night, I thought he had a great game and my MOM.  His freekicks were a little "off target" but after seeing his pre-season efforts if we get freekicks in those areas he'll get 1 or 2 of them during the year!

Was also very pleasing to see Porter and Kwas get back to help out, yellow shirts were every where, when we attacked we still had options all around, the movement off the ball was very good to see.

Wilko looked much better too, hopefully Doig has had a huge influence on him already.

McGlinchey was ok, didn't look 100% match fit but I think we'll see him get better throughout the year!

Matty as usual worked hard up front, annoyed Melbourne's defenders and despite the ball coming off his shin took his opportunity well!

This should be the lift we needed as supporters and the players too, I wish it was Saturday week already :)

greenlig

It was funny when they read my question out on the post game show "Why do the pundits always write the Mariners off, after tonight don't they deserve some respect?" Simon flipped it over to Robbie and all he did was make reasons AGAIN for why Melbourne lost, and not why we won. The man is an idiot. His answer was long, convoluted, and really said shit all. Sigh. As long as we keep this up, I don't mind Robbie keeping that up.

Honkee

greenlig said:
It was funny when they read my question out on the post game show "Why do the pundits always write the Mariners off, after tonight don't they deserve some respect?" Simon flipped it over to Robbie and all he did was make reasons AGAIN for why Melbourne lost, and not why we won. The man is an idiot. His answer was long, convoluted, and really said shit all. Sigh. As long as we keep this up, I don't mind Robbie keeping that up.

When will the idiots learn though?
Every year they write us off, and every year the admit they shouldn't have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred