• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Socceroos squad announced for match against Qatar, Feb 6

midfielder

I remember the Uruguary match and how I felt after it so I hope we win.

A youtube clip on how I felt was posted called "Reverse the Curse"

(you put in the http://www)     youtube.com/watch?v=EUIP6STNxSA

Sorry not sure how to load a youtube without the thing playing

If you were their or felt the passion of years of nothing but poor media, ethnic clubs, then you will enjoy it.

~Floss~

Greenpoleffc said:
Also, 442 has a rumour that Griffiths has pulled a hammy :)

I also found it in Fox:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23154811-5014539,00.html

"There is also a doubt over the fitness of in-form Newcastle Jets striker Joel Griffiths, who suffered a slight hamstring strain in the first half of that match. He is not expected to figure in the squad and will be in a race against time to be fit for the Jets' second leg major semi-final against Central Coast on Sunday."

serious14

Covic in goals.  Seriously, piss Schwarzer off, his time is over - we've got to look towards 2010, not keep holding on to some sort of "omgz, he was lyke, the bestest in da uruguay game" sentiment.  Wouldn't mind getting Juventus to send out Mr. Vanstratten on loan so he can get some game time - although training with Buffon and their goalkeeping staff everyday??  *drools*  I also only say Covic because for some unfathomable reason Theoklitos was left out of the squad.......

Emerton-----------Neill--------Moore---------Carney
---------------------Valeri-------------------------
Bresciano------------Cahill----------------Wilkshire
---------Kennedy-(or Aloisi)------McDonald--------------

Mmmmmmm, sexy futbol.

Alicia

Verbeek names 21-man squad

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23164114-5006068,00.html

SOCCEROOS coach Pim Verbeek has named seven A-League players in an extended 21-man squad for tomorrow's World Cup qualifier against Qatar at the Telstra Dome.

John Aloisi, Ante Covic, Craig Moore, Jade North, Archie Thompson, Nikolai Topor-Stanley and Danny Vukovic have all been included, but only one - Queensland skipper Moore - is expected to start the game.

A further three players need to be trimmed from the squad before kick-off.

The bulk of the squad is made up of Australia's overseas stars, with goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer the last of the foreign legion to arrive today at 6.30am.

Verbeek originally selected 20 A-League and another 19 based in Europe in his preliminary squad.

He will trim the final squad down to 18 tomorrow, with the biggest decision likely to be which of strikers Josh Kennedy, Scott McDonald and Aloisi he starts in the game.

"I have released several players this morning, who will return immediately to their A-League clubs," said Verbeek.

"It is important that, having made my decision they would not be in the final squad, I allow them to return home, especially those players that have an A-League finals series match this weekend.

"I now have a squad of 21 players which will be reduced to 18 for the match tomorrow.

"I want to thank the players who have departed for attending the camp for their participation and contribution.

"The 2010 World Cup campaign is a long and challenging journey and everyone will play their part to help us qualify for the World Cup."

Squad: John Aloisi, Mark Bresciano, Jacob Burns, Tim Cahill, David Carney, Ante Covic, Jason Culina, Brett Emerton, Brett Holman, Josh Kennedy, Scott McDonald, Craig Moore, Lucas Neill, Jade North, Mark Schwarzer, Archie Thompson, Nikolai Topor-Stanley, James Troisi, Carl Valeri, Danny Vukovic, Luke Wilkshire.

Bex

So much for the scum players being so good. They've now got the same number in the squad as the Mariners. I guess they're not going to need three goal keepers though when they narrow down to 18.

skilbeck

~Floss~ said:
Greenpoleffc said:
Also, 442 has a rumour that Griffiths has pulled a hammy :)

I also found it in Fox:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23154811-5014539,00.html

"There is also a doubt over the fitness of in-form Newcastle Jets striker Joel Griffiths, who suffered a slight hamstring strain in the first half of that match. He is not expected to figure in the squad and will be in a race against time to be fit for the Jets' second leg major semi-final against Central Coast on Sunday."

I would personally rather Griffiths plays this weekend and get a red card if the jets get through to the grand final. I believe that would be about 90% as good as us getting the 3 goals needed.

thomas477

Bex said:
So much for the scum players being so good. They've now got the same number in the squad as the Mariners. I guess they're not going to need three goal keepers though when they narrow down to 18.

Covic will get ahead of vuko - sorry

northernspirit

thomas477 said:
Bex said:

Covic will get ahead of vuko - sorry
maybe so, at least Danny will be around the next 4 World cups :p

mariners4ever

here is the starting 11 for the socceroos from the 442 website:

EXCLUSIVE: The mystery surrounding Pim Verbeek's starting line-up for tonight's crunch World Cup qualifier against Qatar can be revealed by au.fourfourtwo.com.
To see behind the scenes at the final Socceroos training session...

It's understood that Verbeek will select the following starting team: Schwarzer, Neill, Moore, Emerton, Carney Culina, Wilkshire, Bresciano, Cahill McDonald, Kennedy.

From what our sources are telling us, Verbeek will employ a four man defence which in reality will be a two-man backline with Neill and Moore looking after Qatar's expected lone striker.

This means that wide defenders Brett Emerton (right) and David Carney (left) will have licence to push up in wide areas to support the midfield diamond and the strikeforce.

That diamond will consist of Eredivisie star Jason Culina at the base with Mark Bresciano, Luke Wilkshire and Timmy Cahill in front of him. The Everton talisman is likely to play in behind the front two in order to utilise his renowned ability to drift into the box and score.

The other two midfielders will be floating around the left and right channels and getting wide when they can.

Up front will be the Victorian duo of Karlsruhe beanpole Josh Kennedy and Celtic hitman Scott McDonald, forming a striking combination of height and pace across the deck.

It's also understood that Italy-based Carl Valeri may be on the bench and could come on as a replacement for Jason Culina later in the game.

Alicia

In terms of all-time goals in A internationals, Damian Mori's current record of 29 could soon be eclipsed by initial Qatar squad members John Aloisi (currently on 27 goals) or even Archie Thompson (21 goals).

Top all-time goalscorers, Australian national team (A internationals) 5-Feb-08
29 Damian Mori
27 JOHN ALOISI
25 Atti Abonyi
25 John Kosmina
21 ARCHIE THOMPSON

serious14

In honor of the lads tonight....... IT'S CROCODILE ROCK TIME BOYS AND GIRLS!!!!

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, NA NA NA NA NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
NA NA NA NA NA NA NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
NA NA NA NA NA NA NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

:eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :vhappy: :vhappy: :fireup: :fireup: ;D ;D ;D

serious14

"No longer a sideshow
By Ange Postecoglou
February 06, 2008

WHEN the Socceroos walk on to the pitch tonight it will mark a significant point in the evolution of football in Australia.

The world game has gone from being a sideshow on the sporting landscape to a significant competitor for the hearts and minds of Australian sports lovers.

The game against Qatar is the start of a journey that will be a roller-coaster of emotions and important moments, things only a World Cup qualifying campaign can deliver.

Gone are the one-off encounters where all hopes were dashed or ignited in approximately 90 minutes. In its place is a process that requires the endurance, quality and planning of our best footballers and coaches.

Every game is of great significance.

The debate over Pim Verbeek's team selection is further evidence that the national team is no longer a novelty act rolled out just to entertain local football lovers.

In the past, the main talking point was whether Harry Kewell or Mark Viduka were named in the squad. Now the analysis is on tactics and team selection.

The coach has an obligation to pick the best team and Verbeek's decision to go with mainly an overseas-based line-up is correct.

The many that have taken this as an indication that the A-League is not up to standard have missed the point of what international football is all about.

Most of the players Verbeek has selected have proven themselves at this level, and for any coach in his first game, experience above all else is the most important criteria.

Verbeek cannot afford to take any risks in such an important game. The time for experimentation will come at a later stage.

The A-League continues to improve in all aspects, but the test of whether a player is able to play at a World Cup will be assessed by his performances for his country, not his local league.

Verbeek's assessment of the A-League is no different to critics who say the English Premier League is not tactical enough, or the Serie A in Italy is too slow.

Verbeek has picked the right players and I expect the Socceroos will be too strong for Qatar.

There are some who will never accept the code in this country, but for the majority, every Socceroos' game will now be a highlight on the sporting calendar."

FARKIN' FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marconigirl

Just a quick question that has probably been asked...
Is the game tonight on free to air tv? or only on Pay tv??
Sorry again if it has already been asked..

Alicia

Only on Fox.

TELEVISION:
LIVE to all centres on Fox Sports 3
Telecast commences: 6.30pm AEST

bathurstmariner

Try this:

Look at the score in the top left hand corner and visualise "CCM" instead of "AUS" and "NEW" instead of "QAT" and thats what you'll see after 90+ minutes on Sunday evening.

Makes me feel good.  :thumbup:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred