• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Socceroos squad announced for match against Qatar, Feb 6

brett

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/69255,roos-0-victory-1-live-update.aspx

Looks like Tommy P and Vuka are doing well in the trial...

northernspirit

i think that may be the final nail in the coffin for many of the local guys, expect a largely euro based starting XI on Wednesday night with a-leaguers on the bench - although i think aloisi will start

serious14

Everton earlier in the week were all "nah, Cahill's got a hamstring problem, he won't be making the trip to Australia blah blah blah".

Can't help but notice he's playing for Everton _right now_......

Mariner Girl

Just give me 5 minutes with David Moyes- I'll punch his lights out. :fireup: :fireup:

No EPL Manager angers me the way he does :vomit:, the way he tries to control Tim Cahill when it comes to playing for the Socceroos.  :redcard: :redcard: :redcard:

ryan

It's easy to say from this side of the world but surely Timmy should stand up to Moyes. He is now a big enough player to make his own decision when it comes to the national team. I don't think he is in much danger of losing his spot in the Everton team. The equation is simple for Moyes - if you don't want your players travelling to play for their national teams don't sign international quality foreigners. He controls who he signs so he has made his own bed.

brett

Moyes is a bit funny actually.

Whereas other managers might try to be a bit subtle or clever about the way they pressure their Aussie boys, Moyes is just direct and basic.

"Errr, we don't want him to play. His...umm....hamstring is sore. Why does Australia have to be so far away anyway? *whipsers* In the end it's Tim's decision *speaks* but if he wants a payrise he'll have to rule himself out! Oh wait, did I say the wrong thing out loud?"

FFC Mariner

Why is Cahill wasting his time with a clown like Moyes and perennial underachievers Everton??

He is good enough to grace a big club that will win things.

Tassiemariner

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/69402,kewell-dropped-from-roos-squad.aspx

SOCCEROOS coach Pim Verbeek has dropped three Euroroos from the game against Qatar, including Harry Kewell and Nick Carle.
Nurnberg star Michael Beauchamp is the third player to be omitted from the final Australian squad ahead of the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier on Wednesday.

Verbeek originally named his large 39-man squad to gave him the flexibility to call on players to return from Europe if necessary.

I have now had six days with the players in Melbourne and I have made the decision that those three players will not be required to travel to Australia, Verbeek said.

FFA Head of Medical Services Dr Jeff Steinweg will continue to check all players departing the UK and provide them with individual plans to monitor any concerns from the weekends games, deal with jet lag and undertake some exercises on the 24 hour long haul flight.

In other news from the squad, Mark Milligan today returned to Sydney after suffering a broken nose in yesterdays training match against Melbourne Victory ruling him out of the match against Qatar.

Milligan may still be available to play for Sydney FC in the A-League minor semi-final against Queensland Roar at Suncorp Stadium later this week.

Joel Griffiths also left the field early yesterday with hamstring tightness and may not be fit for Wednesday night.

kevrenor

Foriegnmariner said:
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/69402,kewell-dropped-from-roos-squad.aspx

SOCCEROOS coach Pim Verbeek has dropped three Euroroos from the game against Qatar, including Harry Kewell and Nick Carle........
Naughty, naughty 4-4-2 you put up a story at Feb 3 2008 3:32pm that was:
:naughty:
"FFA Media Release
EMBARGOED TO 4.05pm AEDT
Sunday 3 February 2008"

Hmmm ....
A worry that Meggsi is not coming just when Spike is injured - defence looks dodgy relying on Jade North for cover  :p
Meggsi must have slackened off at training  ;)

Harry was never likely to be a show ...

SNOWMARINER

brett said:
Moyes is a bit funny actually.

Whereas other managers might try to be a bit subtle or clever about the way they pressure their Aussie boys, Moyes is just direct and basic.

"Errr, we don't want him to play. His...umm....hamstring is sore. Why does Australia have to be so far away anyway? *whipsers* In the end it's Tim's decision *speaks* but if he wants a payrise he'll have to rule himself out! Oh wait, did I say the wrong thing out loud?"

Is'nt he a grub. I could'nt beleive when I first heard that and to find he was included in the weekend team just confirmed by beleif. I later heard that Cahill will be on the plane and would be disappointed in him more than that grub Moyes if he's not. Especially if Kewell's not making the trip.

fish

regardless who plyed, the apparent pick of the A League should dispose of a club side missing key players.
Vargas commented it was not a good prep not being able to beat a club side.

S

soccersensei

fish said:
regardless who plyed, the apparent pick of the A League should dispose of a club side missing key players.
Vargas commented it was not a good prep not being able to beat a club side.

Absolutely.
The counter argument is that Victory is already well oiled and used to playing with each other. BUT didn't Qatar go into camp something like 6+ weeks ago with their key squad already selected in preparation? At the least by China at the end of March we should definitely be in better nick, till then I'm hoping that the talent out their will shine and see us emerge triumphant anyway.

I'll also be interested to see if Pim's call that they will play for a draw with a lone striker is correct...

serious14

Any reason as to why Kewell didn't make the trip??  It's not like he's overly busy playing for Liverpool at the moment......

northernspirit

serious14 said:
Any reason as to why Kewell didn't make the trip??   It's not like he's overly busy playing for Liverpool at the moment......
he's working to be included in the game against chelsea next up, dont forget his contract expires this season so he needs to prove himself not just to the kop but also to scouts possibly interested in signing him... he was never going to come here as kev said

FFC Mariner

News of the World (UK) reports that Lpool are going to flick Kewell when his contact expires.

Also, 442 has a rumour that Griffiths has pulled a hammy :)

brett

Schwarzer

Emmo  Neill  Moore  Carney

Wilko        Culina

Cahill            Bresc
    Macca
                Kennedy

???

Wilkshire out for Griffo if he is going to play 4-4-2?

I really don't know what he'll do, the players we have don't really fit into the system.

brett

from foxsports:

Dodd happy to be sacrificed

By Grantley Bernard
    February 04, 2008

DESPITE putting in the hard yards with the Australia over the past month, Travis Dodd will cope with being bumped aside by late-arriving European-based players if it means the Socceroos get off to a good start in the World Cup qualifiers.

The Adelaide United midfielder has made several trips to Sydney for mini-camps and has spent the past week in Melbourne preparing for Wednesday's World Cup qualifier against Qatar at Telstra Dome.

But the reality is that all that work may count for nothing for most of the A-League players as Socceroos coach Pim Verbeek prepares to submit a teamsheet featuring European-based stars arriving little more than 48 hours before kick-off.

That might be seen as something of a snub for the A-League, and the players who have trained under the new Socceroos boss. But Dodd said some sacrifices had to be made.

"It's not going to be the end of the road. There's a lot of games coming up," he said. "It's a matter of getting the right guys in who Pim feels are going to do the job on the night. If it's a squad of solely European players, then so be it. But the A-League boys will be putting their hands up to try and get a shot (at Qatar)."

The A-League players, joined by early arriving overseas-based players James Troisi, Michael Thwaite and Jacob Burns, did not impress in a 1-1 draw in a friendly against Melbourne Victory behind closed doors at Telstra Dome on Saturday.

It was the only game Verbeek has had to prepare for Qatar.

"It's difficult having only one competitive hitout," Dodd said.

But support for Verbeek's preparation has come from an unlikely ally, Victory coach Ernie Merrick.

"It's difficult for Pim Verbeek when putting together so many players so quickly," Merrick said.

"If we're talking A-League players, Wayne Bridge, Tom Pondeljak, Alex Brosque, Archie Thompson, Joel Griffiths and John Aloisi, they are all capable of taking a side like Qatar apart on their day."

Wayne Bridge? Sure solves the Socceroos left-sided problem!

note: I don't think Merrick actually said Wayne Bridge, I think he said 'Bridge' and the author added in the Wayne for comical effect.

dibo

i thought cahill wasn't coming.

lends itself to a 4-3-4 maybe?

schwarzer
emerton neill moore carney
wilkshire bresciano culina
aloisi kennedy mcdonald

???

i like the look of that about as much as i like the look of a bowl of testicles and vomit. depending on the approach you take with it it's going to look either narrow or crowded. it's really the sort of setup you run with to tie a game up, but i think if your prime objective was to not lose, you'd probably run with something like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred