• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Socceroos squad announced for match against Qatar, Feb 6

dibo

Taylor said:
dibo said:
forzamariners said:
vargas has been one of the most inform defenders of the a-league over the past 2 seasons

Edit: Where is nathan burns?

injured

He has been playing the last couple of weeks for Adelaide though.  ???

No Hutch!!??  :headbutt:

he's spent most of the last 2 months out. that said, didn't stop them selecting musialik...

S

soccersensei

Mother of God... Lets give Pim a bit of a hand then shall we  :p

John Aloisi - Central Coast Mariners (Australia)  -  and so God gave us his most talented son...  :innocent: :eek:verhead:
Michael Beauchamp - Nurnberg (Germany)        -  Stellar  :eek:verhead:
Mark Bresciano - Palermo (Italy)                     -  Great   :eek:verhead:
Mark Bridge - Newcastle Jets (Australia)           -  Sticks out like dogs balls so far!!!   :naughty:
Alex Brosque - Sydney FC (Australia)               -   Been in form... but mentally limited... :headbutt:
Jacob Burns - Wisla Krakow (Poland)                -  Right, lets have a look...?  ???
Tim Cahill - Everton (England)                         -  Australia does a happy dance   :eek:verhead: :headbounce: :eek:verhead:
Nick Carle - Bristol City (England)                    -  Has genuine talent  :ashamed:  ;D
David Carney - Sheffield United (England)         -  Another Nigerian blaster please Mr carney  :pirashoot:
Simon Colosimo - Perth Glory (Australia)          -  Angry man with a high work rate... WTF?  :mad:
Ante Covic - Newcastle Jets (Australia)             -  Well, ok... fairs fair...  :vomit:
Jason Culina - PSV Eindhoven (Netherlands)      -  Very good, very good...  :)
Bruce Djite - Adelaide United (Australia)           -  Mmmmm... make me a believer Bruce  :-\
Travis Dodd - Adelaide United (Australia)          -  Great - but for someone so quick, he clearly still needs some sessions with Clarkey to burn off a bit more puppy fat.  ;)
Brett Emerton - Blackburn Rovers (England)      - Would have said "Excellent" but haven't been          convinced by his season with Rovers quite as much as i would have like to have been...  ;)
Vince Grella - Torino (Italy)                            - Great, just keep your head about you Vince    :redcard: :naughty:
Adam Griffiths - Newcastle Jets (Australia)        - Weaker than most, but young and emerging  :-\
Joel Griffiths - Newcastle Jets (Australia)          - ...my...my...fingers seem to be cramping?  :-X 
James Holland - Newcastle Jets (Australia)       - Talented and will clearly develop further... but only finding any real form in last two games... so more time feels warranted.  :-\
Brett Holman - NEC Nijmegen (Netherlands)     - yep, yep...   :)
Josh Kennedy - Karlsruhe (Germany)               - I'm not the fan some seem to be... but gotta love that height  ;)
Harry Kewell - Liverpool (England)                  - Stellar + 1  :piano:  :eek:verhead: :piano:
Scott McDonald - Celtic (Scotland)                   - In form this season - good strength  ;D
Mark Milligan - Sydney FC (Australia)               - Allowed himself to get too puffed up by the Ollyroos campaign and it has negatively affected his form and head shape.  :vomit:
Craig Moore - Queensland Roar (Australia)        - No complaints there  :pirashoot:
Kevin Muscat - Melbourne Victory (Australia)     - No complaints there :pirashoot:
Stuart Musialik - Newcastle Jets (Australia)       - COMPLAINTS there... he must be exhibiting some different form in the training squad than on the pitch...?  :eek: :headbutt:
Lucas Neill - West Ham United (England)           - Because when he's not playing shite he's very good - and has exhibited enough substance over a long enough period to convince me he'll return to form.  :p
Jade North - Newcastle Jets (Australia)             - Clearly been marshalling his backline well... however as he is a demonic changeling from one of the seven hells, the risk of any accidental relapse or further mutation bares to big a greater safety risk to the rest of the team to logically warrant selection. :naughty:
Tom Pondeljak - Central Coast Mariners (Australia) - Excellent, has off periods... but can match with the "very best" when in form - as he currently is :)))   :eek:verhead:
Mark Schwarzer - Middlesbrough (England)            - Sure, till when...2010? Mmmmmm...  ???
Archie Thompson - Melbourne Victory (Australia)    - I'll have an Archie over two Brosques anyday...  :pirate:
Michael Thwaite - Wisla Krakow (Poland)               - Right, lets have a look...?  ???
Nikolai Topor-Stanley - Perth Glory (Australia)       - Not just yet thanks Nikolai...  :(
James Troisi - Newcastle United (England)             - Yep  :)
Carl Valeri - Grosseto (Italy)                               -  Yep  :)
Rodrigo Vargas - Melbourne Victory (Australia)       - Been very strong imo, and also shown better form than Adam Griffiths  :)
Danny Vukovic - Central Coast Mariners (Australia) - We love you Dannyyyyy..... WE DO!!!!  :eek:verhead: :headbounce: :eek:verhead:
Luke Wilkshire - FC Twente (Netherlands)              -  Good, good.  :)

FFC Mariner

Lucas Neill - West Ham United (England)          - On most days - hip hip hooray  

Which days, the giving away penalties days or the getting sent off stupidly days?? Has he got the mental strength? Recent evidence is that he doesnt.

(Retires to flame proof bunker)

S

soccersensei

What do you mean adz?
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Jimmy

Greenpoleffc said:
Lucas Neill - West Ham United (England)          - On most days - hip hip hooray 

Which days, the giving away penalties days or the getting sent off stupidly days?? Has he got the mental strength? Recent evidence is that he doesnt.

He has been rubbish of late, even watching him in the prem makes me wonder how he's even there, let alone captain.

S

soccersensei

P.S I actually tried to make the word "mariners" out of fireup smileys :)
But their seems to be some difference in bordering or some such which just turned it into shite  ;D

S

soccersensei

Jimmydinho said:
Greenpoleffc said:
Lucas Neill - West Ham United (England)           - On most days - hip hip hooray 

He has been rubbish of late, even watching him in the prem makes me wonder how he's even there, let alone captain.

Ahhh, even during this slump there has still been "some" good performances.
And I think in some of the Hammers more recent successes must give at least a small measure of credence toward his capacity for mental strength.
Captaining in the EPL is no small task...and that experience will pay off or may break him I guess... But for mind, once a player shows a good long stint of form, then if over a period or even a season they struggle, it isn't necessarily enough for me to be convinced they are now and only ever will be shite. But hey, I'm an optimist, which is not always of best use either...

that said, modified my "glib" Lucas post to probably something a bit fairer.

Bear

Greenpoleffc said:
Lucas Neill - West Ham United (England)           - On most days - hip hip hooray  

What about the captaining a team sitting 10th in one of the worlds most competitive leagues days?

He is quality, much better than anything IN this country, and much better than anything Qatar will bring. A must starter. And dont you start Jimmy, which teams bandwagon are you on from England? ;)

dibo

Bearinator said:
Greenpoleffc said:

What about the captaining a team sitting 10th in one of the worlds most competitive leagues days?

He is quality, much better than anything IN this country, and much better than anything Qatar will bring. A must starter. And dont you start Jimmy, which teams bandwagon are you on from England? ;)

he's funny to watch with his poor touch, his off-target passing and weird positioning (yes, central defenders *should* madly dash out of the line to leap for challenges that will either result in a free kick or an easy turn and shot...).

after the Asian Cup, i'd just about prefer Milligan, even in spite of that one bad mistake against Japan.

northernspirit

dibo said:
Bearinator said:
Greenpoleffc said:
Lucas Neill - West Ham United (England)           - On most days - hip hip hooray 

he's funny to watch with his poor touch, his off-target passing and weird positioning (yes, central defenders *should* madly dash out of the line to leap for challenges that will either result in a free kick or an easy turn and shot...).

after the Asian Cup, i'd just about prefer Milligan, even in spite of that one bad mistake against Japan.
and his own goal last weekend against melbourne ;)

dibo

northernspirit said:
dibo said:
Bearinator said:
Greenpoleffc said:

and his own goal last weekend against melbourne ;)

that's why earlier in the thread i bemoaned his recent form. ;)

fish

why on earth do you need so many players, he should have a more definitive squad than every man and his dog oh yeah and adam griffiths!
Its the world cup ffs

northernspirit

i think he is trying to keep the qatar coach guessing to interupt his plans against us given how well their coach knows us (he coached uruguay after all)... also allows for any injuries/unavailabilities to be covered by other squad members

i dont care if he has 100 people in the squad, so long as we win the match

fish

it will have no affect on how they prepare, they have been together for weeks so they will know what their game plan is, whats ours??
maybe play him ahh no hang on what about him, all I mean is he must by now know who he think is able to get the job done and the availability of the o/s boys must be known by now.

northernspirit

i reckon he's gonna have a few a-league boys on the bench and maybe a couple starting but mainly europe guys to play... there isnt enough time to teach the a-league guys the dutch way but the euro guys have played it for a while now and are farmiliar with it... sounds logical but i could just be talking out my ass

fish

that was my thought as well, thats why i questioned the massive squad youve got players there that are no chance of figuring in this game, they need a solid start and the preps been pretty average, what have they got ,a game against Victory to gel in?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred