• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Socceroos squad announced for match against Qatar, Feb 6

Andy

IMO a 39 man squad is way too big.

A lot of people were critical of Pim when he got given the job and i'm slowly starting to understand why.

northernspirit

he cant be worse than arnold, lets give him a chance... still, i admit i am nervous about this WCQ campaign

p.s: andy we must be the only chelsea fans on this forum  :pirashoot:

Andy

northernspirit said:
he cant be worse than arnold, lets give him a chance... still, i admit i am nervous about this WCQ campaign

Same here. I wouldn't be as nervous though if our Asian Cup campaign last year wasn't as bad as it was.

I think we are.

Ted

northernspirit said:

Make that 3  :vhappy:

brett

O/S or 'Best' XI

Schwarzer

Emerton        Neill          Beauchamp    Carney

Culina              Grella

Bresciano    Cahill                  Kewell
                              McDonald

Bench: Kennedy, Carle, Wilkshire, Valeri, Thwaite
---------------------------------------------------------
A-L XI

Covic

North          Milligan        Moore          A Griffo

Muscat              Colosimo

J Griffiths        Pondeljak              Thompson
                                Aloisi

Bench: Djite, Brosque, Dodd, Musialik, Vargas, Topor-Stanley, Vukovic

Which of these guys will challenge the first XI? Possibly Moore, Milligan and Aloisi. But it will come down to who from the first XI is not fit and ready, and then their counterpart will either come from the first XI bench or from the A-League line-up.

serious14

It would seem that training with Nuremberg is well 'arder than the A-League.......

From PintCulture.com:

Socceroos coach Pim Verbeek has delivered his most unflattering assessment yet of the A-League on the eve of the finals - adding that some players were simply not good enough to face Qatar.

Verbeek, who has been open about his concerns about A-League players' ability to handle international football since coming into the job two months ago, compared the standard of the local competition as less than that of a training run for a struggling German club.

The Dutchman has named 20 A-League players in an extended 39-man squad for Australia's opening World Cup qualifier against Qatar in Melbourne on February 6.

But he all but admitted the bulk of that local talent was there in case any of the 19 overseas players selected could not be available for the match.

Two German-based players - World Cup squad members Josh Kennedy and Michael Beauchamp - have not played for their Bundesliga teams for several weeks due to the Christmas break.

But Verbeek said three weeks training with Karlsruhe (Kennedy's club) and third-bottom Nuremberg (Beauchamp) would have the duo better prepared for Qatar than if they were in the A-League.

"If you train for three weeks with Nuremberg or with Karlsruhe, I have to be very honest, I still think that's better than playing A-League games," Verbeek said at the announcement of his squad.

"I saw the important (A-League) games last weekend and you can see players under pressure that they didn't bring the same performance that I have seen before, so they are still not very consistent at the moment.

"(The A-League) players have to show me they can do a job against Qatar, that they are capable of winning the games.

"I am not here to please players, I'm not here to please anybody, I'm here to win the game.

"That's the responsibility I have to the Australian fans and Australian football.

"I like them all, as I've said already, but it is nothing to do with liking your players, I want to see them do the job.

"That's why I was here for five weeks. No one can tell me, that I didn't give them the chance and the possibility.

"I will do that again, and if they are good enough they can show me next week and I can select them.

"But I be honest to them, if they're not good enough at the moment I will tell them also."

serious14

Gotta love the hypocrisy of most of the media's (and other club's fans, noticeably the majority of Sydney's forum) responses to this article - they're all "OMG, Pim, our League is so not sh*t, how dare an outsider criticise", etc. and so forth.

So it's perfectly okay for Total Football/Craig Fosterneeskens/The Telegraph/Herald Sun/Whothef*ckever to rubbish on the League at the start of the season, when we're competing with NRL and AFL for crowds, or in the middle of the season when we have to combat the cricket - BUT IF THIS LOOPY DUTCHMAN COMES IN AND DARE SAYS A BAD WORD THEN IT'S FIRE AND BRIMSTONE ON HIS FUNNY ACCENTED ASS!!!!!

The stupidity of some people in this country astounds me sometimes - mainly media types and their "we don't like them there outsiders cor h'yuck" stance.

Pim Verbeek's Green and Gold Army for the win - don't listen to them Pim, your honesty is the breath of fresh air we have all been waiting for.  Most of us can accept that our League isn't the best yet, and we don't have to hysterically write you off for having the balls to say it.  Go forth and deliver us from the horridness of Arnold-mania and into the loving arms of de Sexy Futbol.

Andy

In all honesty, I can't see C*nt Griffiths getting a start here.

Unless JA is injured or Scott MacDonald doesn't play, then Griffiths may have to start off the bench.

Can't believe Jade North got in ahead of the Og Monster.

brett

Except Og monster tries to bash his mates at training.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23104600-5000940,00.html

I can't believe he would try to take on THE POWER OF THE GRIFFIN

Andy

brett said:

Plus Zullo the week before.

Seems like a real c*nt IMO.

Bear

brett said:

I cant believe 13 year old Griffo stood up to captain cave man. Id be f**king running

brett

Bearinator said:
brett said:

Id be f**king running

I thought it would take more than that for you to run ;D

Bear

brett said:
Bearinator said:
brett said:

Id be f**king running

Ahh yes carefull use of the quote button, very smart ;)

dibo

Bearinator said:
brett said:
Bearinator said:
brett said:

Id be f**king running

didn't we have some issue with overuse of the quote button? hmmmm?

serious14

dibo said:
Bearinator said:
brett said:
Bearinator said:
brett said:

Id be f**king running

Nope!!!  ;D

brett

serious14 said:
dibo said:
Bearinator said:
brett said:
Bearinator said:
brett said:

Id be f**king running

Nope!!!  ;D

Don't start that again mate...oh shit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred