• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sign a Marquee Striker

Kareem

i think he was talking about DMAC Serious!
(I assume u r referring to Mrdja as he has been here '5' years)

Forum Phoenix

lol.
That was funny.
Thanks Kareem. That is most definitely correct.
I was referring to D'Mac Serious... deep breath now... as I haven't completely lost my mind.
I'm also firmly of the opinion that if D'Mac doesn't step up and bag several this year then I certainly wouldn't be giving him another year... let alone 3.

Peace out
8)

midfielder

I think it is a real pity that we dont have quality strikers . Because I believe we have in weeMac & Travis the best midfield combination ever in the A-League Hutch is working well with them and looks a totally different player along side these two guys..

Pedj is going well in defence but his attack lets him down a little me I would put Huke in the central defensive assuming his forms is still OK Move Pedj back to right back (tough on Boogs I understand but its the beat 11 needed on the park)

I think we will loose both weeMac & Travis within 12 months  and accordingly there is only a small time to put some quality in front to take advantage of the talent we have..

I have to be honest and I hope its not my yellow & blue eyes ..but weeMac is a class above most players who have played in the A-League The closest player I can recall is Juno in style, he is that good BTW and will take us to the finals.

We now have our own baby assassin in the top third of the park.. He has skill, guile, touch and brain add Travis is a real box to box runner but can slow the play down and put composure on the team Huke has a wonderful first touch, an anchor for the midfield and playmaker playing  through to weeMax , Travis & Hutch..

We lack aside from Matty strikers both Dylan & Nik have often taken the wrong option in where to run and their touch on the ball, composure in front of the posts leaves a lot to be desired..

For me we need a Marquee striker or bring the best striker from the youth league and blood him my greatest fear is . this wonderful midfield we have but only for a short while will not be given the strikers to take advantage of their skill

serious14

Forum Phoenix said:
lol.
That was funny.
Thanks Kareem. That is most definitely correct.
I was referring to D'Mac Serious... deep breath now... as I haven't completely lost my mind.
I'm also firmly of the opinion that if D'Mac doesn't step up and bag several this year then I certainly wouldn't be giving him another year... let alone 3.

Peace out
8)

Touche.  My point stands though.  :p

Costar

Boogs>>>>>>>>>>Pedj
[/quote]

Different players, achieves nothing comparing them.

What about Pedj, Boogs, Doig, Heff as the backline?

Boogs is definately slow but you can't help but see somethings happening at training with all the runs he's making forward now.  There's been a couple of times he's almost put the ball in the back of the net.  There's also a real mongrel feel about him on the park which is good to have.

That allows a midfield of Huke, Travis, Hutch and Weemac.  If we lose either Travis and/or Weemac as others are suggesting then Crowell can step up and I'd like to see D'apuzzo given another go.  The two times I can remember seeing him (this year against NQF, and last year against the Jets) he impressed.  Porter can also slot in.  Unlike many others I still think he has a lot to offer.  He played an awful lot in defense last year and it still to make the transition successfully up the park.  Too early to chuck.  No room for Elrich I'm afraid.

That leaves 2 strikers.  Simon and Dmac for me.

However, if we can find someone who can find the back of the net then punt Kwas and keep Dmac for another season.  He's a big unit and if he can find some passion he'll be tough to handle.

It would be nice to find someone who can take a freekick within the range of the goal and not over the back of the stands.

elevated position

I was a D-mac fan however the more I see him I think we can do better,at this stage and with Huke coming back  I would much rather see Hutch up there at least he can score (both feet) . has a bit of mongrel and knows how to get a penalty.
This does not negate our need for strikers.

midfielder

Costar said:
Boogs>>>>>>>>>>Pedj

Different players, achieves nothing comparing them.

What about Pedj, Boogs, Doig, Heff as the backline?

Boogs is definately slow but you can't help but see somethings happening at training with all the runs he's making forward now.  There's been a couple of times he's almost put the ball in the back of the net.  There's also a real mongrel feel about him on the park which is good to have.

That allows a midfield of Huke, Travis, Hutch and Weemac.  If we lose either Travis and/or Weemac as others are suggesting then Crowell can step up and I'd like to see D'apuzzo given another go.  The two times I can remember seeing him (this year against NQF, and last year against the Jets) he impressed.  Porter can also slot in.  Unlike many others I still think he has a lot to offer.  He played an awful lot in defense last year and it still to make the transition successfully up the park.  Too early to chuck.  No room for Elrich I'm afraid.

That leaves 2 strikers.  Simon and Dmac for me.

However, if we can find someone who can find the back of the net then punt Kwas and keep Dmac for another season.  He's a big unit and if he can find some passion he'll be tough to handle.

It would be nice to find someone who can take a freekick within the range of the goal and not over the back of the stands.
[/quote]

You miss my point ... weeMac & Travis provide a midfield capable of winning the competition but they need strikers who can play .... That D'apuzzo can even come close to replacing them is foolish ... we can win the competition this year with an additional high quality striker and if we blood someone from the youth league.. 

mariners4ever

havent seen many youth games, is there anyone good enough besides panny, who is a midfielder NOT a forward, is brady smith good enough to step up ???

Kareem

IMO - i think maybe i would rather Bojic RB than Boogs- but thats just me personally.
Bojic leaves Boogs for dead in terms of pace...
But that would only be if Huke returns to form (or Crowell proves he is up to it)!

boony26

lol we could sign tore andre flo for the rest of the season? pretty sure he is currently clubless and has proven before that he can score goals and he would fit the marquee image i believe.

Ben

boony26 said:
lol we could sign tore andre flo for the rest of the season? pretty sure he is currently clubless and has proven before that he can score goals and he would fit the marquee image i believe.
I love tore andre flo but he is retired and even though he was a great player i don't think he is a marquee player we need, would be good for a guest stint if he was fit though

Forum Phoenix

Well, buggered if I would consider punting our most aerially dominant player - Boogs. Pretty major defensive loss there...  Or Pedj, our best screener... it's a massive defensive loss either way you turn. When our defense has been the most solid aspect of our game, really not interested in screwing with it right now.

The only thing I'd consider is when Boogs pushes central to cover for injuries, then I'd be interested in having Nathan Sherlock promoted and getting blooded at right back.

I agree with midfielder that we have a great midfield shaping up and would be a great loss not to take advantage of it -  but not quiteeeee to the same extent - haven't seen nearly enough of Nicky and Weemac linking up to make feel anywhere near so strongly about this partnership. Don't get me wrong, I'm very pleased with them. But best in A league? Ever? I need much more before I'll go there.

Anyway... don't think we need to discuss defense too much.
And this thread is about signing a marquee striker isn't it?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred