• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sign a Marquee Striker

midfielder

We have IMO the best and most creative midfield in the league , with Huke still to return, Crowell suppose to be quite good as well Plus hopefully some signs that maybe Kebaboy may be finding his confidence in the Youth Team..

We need a Marquee striker to support Matty personally both Nil & Dylan IMO need to go replaced by someone up front to support the midfield they have behind them plus we need to blood some kid for the finals Hopefully we have the coin to do it.

Deej

and who will pay for him?

I love the comments of Huke still to return....how many games have we seen him play? How can you rate him a 1 of the best in the league? Crowell supposed to be quite good lol both these players are defensive not creative!  Elrich doing well in youth lol not the youth game I saw he was lazy and shite!

We have what we have.....deal with it until next season unless there's a miracle

pjennings

midfielder said:
We have IMO the best and most creative midfield in the league , with Huke still to return, Crowell suppose to be quite good as well… Plus hopefully some signs that maybe Kebaboy may be finding his confidence in the Youth Team..

We need a Marquee striker to support Matty … personally both Nil & Dylan IMO need to go… replaced by someone up front to support the midfield they have behind them… plus we need to blood some kid for the finals… Hopefully we have the coin to do it.

Have to agree.

Danny back in form, defence quite miserly, midfield looking so much better than last year.

Ball is just not going into the net. I'm pretty sure that we will make the finals - 6 out of 10 is not even a pass mark. However, with a bit of quality up front we could give the toilet seat a shake. 

midfielder

Deej said:

I love the comments of Huke still to return....how many games have we seen him play? How can you rate him a 1 of the best in the league? Crowell supposed to be quite good lol both these players are defensive not creative!  Elrich doing well in youth lol not the youth game I saw he was lazy and shite!

Who will pay no idea .. that is why I said at the end hope we have the coin...

As for Huke I saw all the games he played for us at Bluetounge and I tho he was quite good... But the comment was our midfield was the best in the A-League with Huke & Co still to return ... I still think that ... as for Kebaboy I was going off the report on the CCM site of the youth league match...

adz

Staff member
Doesnt even have to be a marquee.. how about someone who can hit a ball into an open net instead of tripping over it!!

radar

adz said:
Doesnt even have to be a marquee.. how about someone who can hit a ball into an open net instead of tripping over it!!

ha - hell yeah

Our fearless striker copped a verbal bludgeoning after that little effort, and didnt our Sydney neighbours love it

He's crap, and has a touch like his legs are made of wood

Sacko

He should never be allowed to pull a shirt on again after that "effort" - even Bear would have nailed that one!

MagpieMariner

I just can't understand how a so-called professional footballer can't kick with the wrong foot.
I am 60, never played football in my life, but I can still kick a Sherrin 30 yards with my wrong foot and get it somewhere near my target. Surely a young, reasonably fit & trained man can do better than that?
I could tolerate it if he'd hit it wide or high (even good strikers do that occasionally), but to have all that time and not even get a shot away.....

Bear

Sacko said:
He should never be allowed to pull a shirt on again after that "effort" - even Bear would have nailed that one!

lets not go crazy here...

typool

this is a pretty good thread Considering the situation that we are in.. I do agree with Disco Nik and Elrich to be let go at the seasons end
We need players that give %100 every time they play in the mould of  (Wee Mac/Hutchinson)
:eek:verhead:
i know that this thread is about "Marquee Strikers" and i was refering to that mould of player as our Marquee

Honkee

typool said:
this is a pretty good thread Considering the situation that we are in.. I do agree with Disco Nik and Elrich to be let go at the seasons end
We need players that give %100 every time they play in the mould of  (Wee Mac/Hutchinson)
i know that this thread is about "Marquee Strikers" and i was refering to that mould of player as our Marquee

Id suggest Big Mac be put in the same group as Disco and Elrich, I know the guy runs his ring off durring a game, but what it all comes down to is this: He is meant to be a striker, but he is not scoring goals.

priorpeter

Honkee said:
typool said:

Id suggest Big Mac be put in the same group as Disco and Elrich, I know the guy runs his ring off durring a game, but what it all comes down to is this: He is meant to be a striker, but he is not scoring goals.

No. He actually tries.

dru

FFC Mariner said:
I'd try, but you wouldnt want me up front either would you?

Trying alone doesnt cut it
You would cost the club lot less and probably wouldn't do any worse though TBH.

FFC Mariner

dru said:
FFC Mariner said:
I'd try, but you wouldnt want me up front either would you?

Trying alone doesnt cut it
You would cost the club lot less and probably wouldn't do any worse though TBH.

I probably would do a lot worse but I would be cheap(er) and I will allow Bay 23 to sponsor me to whack the scum player of their choice next time we played them.

dru

FFC Mariner said:
I probably would do a lot worse but I would be cheap(er) and I will allow Bay 23 to sponsor me to whack the scum player of their choice next time we played them.
You have a weird version of worse, that promise puts you on par with CWC Mrjda! Sign him up Sign him up.

Bear

Deej said:

reckon if we all chuck in $50 each, we will have enough to pay off mrdja early?

maybe even a bit left over to sign a replacement? like, oh i dunno, kanewillow?

pommypete

I agree with most, we are actually playing some attractive football for a change, but the front 2 are useless. When did Mcallister last score a goal? I had a case of beer on him scoring 10 last season,bad move that.

Honkee

priorpeter said:
Honkee said:
typool said:

No. He actually tries.

A wise man thing once said: "Do or do not, there is no try".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred