• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sign a Marquee Striker

Kareem

pommypete said:
I agree with most, we are actually playing some attractive football for a change, but the front 2 are useless. When did Mcallister last score a goal? I had a case of beer on him scoring 10 last season,bad move that.
Correct me if I am wrong...but my only recollection of him scoring was QLD away...with those 2 goals (one absolutely stunning)
That was round 3 or 4 last season (when Elrich got injured)...
I remember thinking- bull crap McAllister will have trouble finding the net...I now reract that thought :p
Maybe he has scored some other time...I am just struggling big time...I wish he scored instead of passing it that game at Perth- just to get a goal for his name ;)

Kareem

Part_Timer said:
uhh he won us a derby against newcastle also..
my bad
he also scored a scrappy tap in vs Sydney. 4 goals...a slightly bad return- but somewhat sufficient
He also had a quality strike vs Melbourne ruled out
so 3/5 goals were classy as hell...but all of us just want him to score any goal no matter how ugly!
ps. I just had a look at QLD game again- amazing Jedinak FK & Macallister finesse shot!

MARSHP1

Big Mac is a decent player....actually playing well at the moment, just struggling to remember where the goal is. I'm suprised alot of people can't see his value but folks want to see goals and he's lacking a bit of confidence in front of goal. Problem we have is that apart from Matty, no one else up front is looking like scoring. Kwas,D-Mac and Nik are all goal shy. Credit to LM for bringing in some quality to our defence and midfield and i'm sure he's flat out trying to find someone who can deliver. 

BaysideMariner

I think with Big Mac, he is all about confidence. If and when he knocks a few in he will keep going. Didn't this forum wait until Matt Simons finally scored???? And look now at his confidence. Big Mac is at least trying to rectify his situation.

coast

Matty was a young, developing striker from a local club, on f**k all coin playing off the bench. Dmac is a seasoned veteran with Euro experience on much better money (assumption). Who do you think we would have more patience with?

FFC Mariner

Back on topic, not an out and out striker and we probably couldnt afford him but what about

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5617548,00.html

Nicky Carle?

Atomic

Will part of the terms and conditions be that he renounces all good will he may feel towards the scum?

Wombat

I'd love Carle (even as an ex Scum) but he is on the up and won't come back to Oz for a while.

Forum Phoenix

Wombat said:
I'd love Carle (even as an ex Scum) but he is on the up and won't come back to Oz for a while.

I'd happily turn a blind eye to Carles sordid past... but Sackwhack has gone well beyond redemption.

pjennings

Wombat said:

I'd put him in the Sasho category. Happy to jeer him for SFC or Scum - but glad when we signed him.

If it was sackwhack, definitely not.

If we could get him on loan and still get a quick clinical striker I think we would take a lot of stopping. At the end of the day he needs game time in a World Cup year - a loan deal may be his best option. (maybe we could loan a couple of ex Socceroos back)

If we did get him I  would play him at DCM as he was in the Championship - with license to go forward. 

A starting eleven of

Danny
Boogs Wilko Doig Heff
      Carle
Travis Hutch
      Wee Mac

Quick clinical striker Matty

Marquee

Mouthwatering lineup PJ but I assume he would rather go back to the Jets instead of us, who want him too.

Forum Phoenix

We could afford to offer him marquee.
Personally think he'd be better value than Sterjovski and close to Culina.

But anyhow, well beyond highly unlikely, and if we are going to spend up and bring someone in WE ABSOLUTELY NEED A STRIKER - not someone to take over Weemacs role which is where would best suit Carle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred