• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

should the marinators be in a better bay....

would you rather stand in a different bay?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• bay 1

• bay 12

• Total voters

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:
worked well IMHO.

Small crowd, nothing to play for, another dire effort from the team and it was still better than 16.

Bay 2 would give a lightly better view tho

the group should be making advances to sit/stand in the away supporters area and piss the away support to bay 16

you are one more bay in and you also get on camera

clarence

marinermick said:
FFC Mariner said:
worked well IMHO.

Small crowd, nothing to play for, another dire effort from the team and it was still better than 16.

the group should be making advances to sit/stand in the away supporters area and piss the away support to bay 16

They will be standing in the glaring sun in summer if they move to the away supporters bay, Marinermick. Would be worse than what the away supporters have to put up with at EAS for scum matches. Stuff the camera "hey I'm on TV!" BS. If they want shots of the Marinators celebrating, they'll just have to send a camera to where they are.

marinermick

clarence said:
marinermick said:
FFC Mariner said:
worked well IMHO.

They will be standing in the glaring sun in summer if they move to the away supporters bay, Marinermick. Would be worse than what the away supporters have to put up with at EAS for scum matches. Stuff the camera "hey I'm on TV!" BS. If they want shots of the Marinators celebrating, they'll just have to send a camera to where they are.

with the draw will only be an issue for four home games and would be no where near as bad as newcastle

having a visual presence on tv is important as well

sick of seeing away supporters getting all the prominance in these games

clarence

I'll leave it up to those who stand with the Marinators. I was just raising a possible problem with the away supporters location.

brett

I said this to someone last night - the two goals were to a) lose the stragglers who don't contribute and b) use the roof for better noise.

I don't think either were achieved.

As DJ said - not much difference to Bay 16.

As one piece of constructive feedback, if those willing to sing packed a lot tighter in under the roof, instead of spreading right out, it would have been 100 times more effective.

Atomic

I sat in Bay 51 last night. HUUUUGE difference in noise coming from the Marinators. I wouldn't have heard anything coming from Bay 16 had that number of people been there. It was funny to see a handful of people standing in Bay 16 last night... they obviously didn't receive the memo...lol.

Interstingly enough, it highlighted the short lived nature of a lot of the chants started last night. A chant starts up and all of a sudden it stops.

Also, was the anthem sung last night? Didn't hear it.

serious14

brett said:

...............the loudest we've been at home since V3, and a hearty mix of team support and epic amounts of piss taking (which was damn fun), and there was no difference??  Aside from a 5 minute spell after conceding, there was noise for close enough to the full 90 minutes.  As a trial, I think it was nothing but a raging success.

brett

serious14 said:
brett said:

...............the loudest we've been at home since V3,and a hearty mix of team support and epic amounts of piss taking (which was damn fun), and there was no difference??  Aside from a 5 minute spell after conceding, there was noise for close enough to the full 90 minutes.  As a trial, I think it was nothing but a raging success.

...............the loudest we've been at home since V3 - agree to disagree
and a hearty mix - agree to disagree
there was noise for close enough to the full 90 minutes - agree to disagree

I'm not knocking the piss-taking. Fact is - as usual - the only real songs that got up across the whole bay were either bagging our team, bagging their team, bagging the ref/linesmen. The songs of support withered and died after a few reps.

If the goal was to take the piss at a moderately louder level and get less wet in the process, then you're right, mission accomplished. If the goals were the two things I said above, then there wasn't much change.

By no means am I saying the move was a failure, definitely no worse than bay 16, but the group has the same problems in either location.

Deej

If people support a move the club will help us.

If we decide bay 1 is the go they can move the non-alcohol bay, the major disadvantage is no TV coverage.  However positives are close to away supporters (not so good if we're losing), close to the bar, out of the sun etc.

We could look at bays 22/23, exactly the same view but on the other side of the ground.  Positives are the same but we also have more TV coverage, the negatives are of course the sun.

As a group we need to decide what's best.

FFC Mariner

given the meaningless nature of the match, our recent form and the conditions, I thought last night was better than ok.

thats as bad as it gets for CCM (I hope) and gives a base of what to expect.

Was more like an away game but with slightly fewer people -needs a capo in the middle

p-diddy

serious14 said:
...............the loudest we've been at home since V3, and a hearty mix of team support and epic amounts of piss taking (which was damn fun), and there was no difference??  Aside from a 5 minute spell after conceding, there was noise for close enough to the full 90 minutes.  As a trial, I think it was nothing but a raging success.

TBH the only 2 songs I could make out on tv was the "sasho petrovski" chant, and the "we haven't won since december" chant. Rest of the time you could only hear individual convos in the crowd.

Gav...

as FFC Mariner stated considering the the Nature of the Match we went better than ok.

i do believe that we need a fresh start to season 5 and moving to bay 1/2 will be the way to do this.

With Drums & Megaphone to create some coordination between the top and bottom of the bays, this could become a succesful move.

Melsy - One step

Bay 1 and 2 could be a great move but i suppose its something that can't be rushed.

Us as a group would have to think about the families that sit around that area and obvioulsy talk to the club and security and get it all ok'd aswell as be sure the majority of ppl wanted to move to that area,  The aim is not to divide the group into 2 seperate groups we are of course trying to build our numbers not lose 1/4 of them.

But i can see it as something that could happen but not really for this season but who knows.

As for the Piss taking of our team i was pretty annoyed i know we have not had a good run with playing great games and obviously the Mariners need to do some community building to get back to where they were a few years ago with the Fans.

But to take the Piss out of them is not going to help our relationship with our team and get them coming over and giving a wave and a clap for supporting them or even giving us the time of day.

serious14

Maybe if the club took the competition seriously from the start they wouldn't have a majority of the ground groaning and boo-ing and just generally not caring??  (and giving them a severe bollocking at fulltime as well)

Can only react to what's infront of you - unbridled optimism will only get you so far.  ;)

J

jiggles

Security were bored I think.

I was told to step off the chair I was standing on (hello, I'm short and Craig who was in front of me, is much taller). I was also asked for ID...for language? whatttt?!

Thank you to Kane, for spilling over my beer (again) and making me smell like (more of a) alcoholic.

Melsy - One step

serious14 said:
Maybe if the club took the competition seriously from the start they wouldn't have a majority of the ground groaning and boo-ing and just generally not caring??  (and giving them a severe bollocking at fulltime as well)

Can only react to what's infront of you - unbridled optimism will only get you so far.  ;)

I would not say the club did not take the competition seriously i would say that some teams out played us and that some of the players had terrible games but to say the club did not take it seriously is abit far fetched.

Unfortunatly people including players have bad days at work or have you forgotten that, it does not help a team if the majority of fans turn on them and i'm not wearing rose coloured glasses i just refuse to sing degrading songs just for the hell of making noise. 

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred