• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Should Monty Be Signed for Another Season?

Should Monty Get another season?

• Yes

Votes: 34 82.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd prefer other players with we have tried, with no heart,no guts and no idea but cheaper.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He should stay but on a reduced contract.

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters

Big Al

Let's move any McGing talk to squad thread

He doesn't deserve to be on the same page as Monty little own the save the club from being stupid with Monty thread

true believer

Ok who?
It won't be Sydney, either Melbourne club or roar. So that leaves wellington, perth or wanderers.
Id suggest both wanderers and perth wouldn't take him so wellington?
At melbourne brouxson does montys job.
Monty is better than their captain
At drive by park demos is a good player .but curtainly monty is equal.
Donty know who is dm for the bling but cheese guy could play dm for them and look good. At perth grifhs is a star but suffers from white line fevour.
Issas at the reds has more talent but not close to his mongrol.
Monty is the man

Wombat

Ok.

So 35 people voted and not a single one thought that Monty should not be resigned. Okon and Shaun.....dont f**k this up.:mad:

bikinigirl

We've treated some of our players very poorly before - McGlinchey? Makes it hard to get on the club's side when a player wants to do the same and back out of their contract (or just leave). Club loyalty goes both ways.

. for me, the McGlinchey loan deal was a major turning point for the Club, my recollection:
  • the Club accepted a nominal loan fee
  • presumably removing Mikey's salary from the books
  • hoping for a buyout and big tranfer fee
  • when Flores was injured (and before Mikey had left) the loan wasn't revoked - despite us not having a suitable alternative/replacement
  • when the loan didn't work out - there didn't seem to be much interest in having the player back (or their welfare)
  • then came the attempted re-negotiation of the contract
. as i'm sure Timmah will point out ... it is not as simple as that ... but to me, there was intent shown. that is one thing for fans, but a completely different thing for players ... especially in a small, isolated and close-knit football community as Australia

. we have since seen an eagerness for players to move away, a reluctance for 'old boys' to return ... and i think a difficulty in signing recognised players that we didn't experience in the past

. loyalty is indeed a two-way street ... i think Monty has done more than can be expected on his part

Timmah

. for me, the McGlinchey loan deal was a major turning point for the Club, my recollection:
  • when Flores was injured (and before Mikey had left) the loan wasn't revoked - despite us not having a suitable alternative/replacement
  • when the loan didn't work out - there didn't seem to be much interest in having the player back (or their welfare)
. as i'm sure Timmah will point out ... it is not as simple as that ... but to me, there was intent shown. that is one thing for fans, but a completely different thing for players ... especially in a small, isolated and close-knit football community as Australia

. we have since seen an eagerness for players to move away, a reluctance for 'old boys' to return ... and i think a difficulty in signing recognised players that we didn't experience in the past

. loyalty is indeed a two-way street ... i think Monty has done more than can be expected on his part
My understanding was as others have posted with regards to Wee Mac - the entity that comprises the club changed hands and his loan deal was completed in the previous club name/trading entity whatever you'd call it?

The above may well have formed part of the scenario (I don't know any better) but the key was around the changeover of contracts etc as far I understand.

nebakke

Yeah - the talk was that he leveraged what should have been an administrational exercise, when the club changed name, top claim that he no longer had a contact with an A-league team.
I've been through the agency entity change name thing with professional services companies in IT. This sounded remarkably similar. The organisation changes name and ABN due to ownership changes, for ABN and tax management purposes. Generally you essentially receive the same contract with a new letterhead and maybe an added clause to say that commitments for both parties carry over, so as to ensure super/leave entitlements are maintained together with end dates.
For mine, if that is what it was, mcGlinchey's move was a dirty one. Especially considering how it further tainted the club's rep.

adz

Staff member
Yeah - the talk was that he leveraged what should have been an administrational exercise, when the club changed name, top claim that he no longer had a contact with an A-league team.
I've been through the agency entity change name thing with professional services companies in IT. This sounded remarkably similar. The organisation changes name and ABN due to ownership changes, for ABN and tax management purposes. Generally you essentially receive the same contract with a new letterhead and maybe an added clause to say that commitments for both parties carry over, so as to ensure super/leave entitlements are maintained together with end dates.
For mine, if that is what it was, mcGlinchey's move was a dirty one. Especially considering how it further tainted the club's rep.

Apparently the club used the same scenario to their advantage too, by getting rid of players they didn't want. You can't have it both ways - either everyone is securely under contract, or everyone is free to walk - or be shown the door.

Edit: The bit that annoys me most is the reasons WeeMac wanted out.

Forum Phoenix

Apparently the club used the same scenario to their advantage too, by getting rid of players they didn't want. You can't have it both ways - either everyone is securely under contract, or everyone is free to walk - or be shown the door.

Edit: The bit that annoys me most is the reasons WeeMac wanted out.

That he likes kiwis?

It's pretty hard to take isn't it. :D

Reactions: adz

Wombat

If we sign Warren and let Monty go i will not be able to show my usual restraint.:fireup: That Pitchfork in the corner needs sharpening...excuse me for a moment.

offtheball

Fat thumbs on a small device had me hit the disagree button which should have been couldn't agree more.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

If we sign Warren and let Monty go i will not be able to show my usual restraint.:fireup: That Pitchfork in the corner needs sharpening...excuse me for a moment.
It's funny because I see you standing there in spandex, underpants on the outside and a cape with a big W on your chest...but now holding a pitchfork as your weapon of choice. Wombat of Wighteouthneth and hith Pitchfork of Prejudithe perhapth?

Why am I suddenly hearing the voice of Samuel L Jackson in Kingsman?

nebakke

It's funny because I see you standing there in spandex, underpants on the outside and a cape with a big W on your chest...but now holding a pitchfork as your weapon of choice. Wombat of Wighteouthneth and hith Pitchfork of Prejudithe perhapth?

Why am I suddenly hearing the voice of Samuel L Jackson in Kingsman?

This is quickly headed for "new mascot" territory! :-D

Wombat

The Mascot is surrounded by 4 small fit Thai girls who then Muay Thai our opposition mascots to the ground with elbows and knees. Now thats entertainment!

Last edited:

Wombat

now THAT might increase our crowds

At EAST GOSFORD AND WYONG THAI MASSAGE stadium.

There will still be Cucumbers sandwiches in the stands (dont want to shock the Gentry) as usual but the beer will be Singha.
The bays will be served Chicken Pad Thai or Chili Basil pork with complementary Chang beer.
The unused tents up the cannon end will be used for half timeThai massage. Discount for members Shaun;)
Security will be smiling Thai blokes with money slot scars trained to have zero tolerance for Newcastle Bogans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred