• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Should Millar play for CCM again this season?

Should Millar play for CCM again this season?

• Yes

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • No

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • Only if we've no other choice

Votes: 7 9.1%

• Total voters

Antlion

Must say - 49 votes is a fair sample size and I've never seen a response so unanimous.

If Millar is paying any attention I suspect he might be suffering the buyers remorse. We're only this angry because we were big fans before he punched us in the back of the head.

Forum Phoenix

Isn't Vince Grella his agent? and Grella hates the Mariners from some previous bullsh*t (DDS i think) So we were probably never a look in in the eyes of Grella, maybe even if Millar might of wanted to stay.
Agents are the poison in football worldwide. Loyalty has almost become a lost word due solely to agents.

I was thinking the same thing.

There is no excuse, but he’s under contract to bring any offers he receives to his agent, secondly no way miller makes this call on his own, and third, it’s usual to present your offers to any other interested parties to drive up the price. Giving up that leverage is atypical. This is a clear cut and run job by his agent for sure.

May well backfire. No more games for six odd months followed by a mediocre season in a poor jets team and he could easily disappear into obscurity once more,

Despise agents. Up there with VAR for ruining the game.

As to the thread. No he shouldn’t. But I think he may. Be impressed if Mulvey doesn’t. But not surprised if he does.

Last edited:

Big Al

Must say - 49 votes is a fair sample size and I've never seen a response so unanimous.

If Millar is paying any attention I suspect he might be suffering the buyers remorse. We're only this angry because we were big fans before he punched us in the back of the head.
And Millar has slipped in a vote

marinermick

f**k no. This is worse than Holland. Worse than Roy.
Holland didn’t think he’d get many minutes with us. So football reasons. Has admitted he struggled with the decision big time recently. Still snake’ish.

Holland told Lawrie he would be signing and then subsequently drove up the road and signed for the Jets.

Before season one Mark Milligan shook hands with Lawrie to say he would be signing with the Mariners and subsequently signed with Sydney.

Poor form by Millar to not at least give the Mariners a chance to negotiateto go behind their backs, but this pales into comparison from the two hand shake deals above.

Reactions: adz

Pirate Pete

And Millar has slipped in a vote
Who voted Yes?
witchhunt.gif

Cricko_086

My guess it was Mulvey! Lol

I can’t see him being benched for this game as much as I think it should be the case. I’m more afraid of the response from the rest of the team once ppl boo when his name come up on the screen or if anyone has a go at him. Would not be a good look for the club. (Can’t get any worse though right?)

finally retired

I have just voted yes (I don't know who the other one is/was).....
I don't have an issue with him signing away from the coast...he is young and has to decide what's best for him. I don't have an issue with Laurie speaking to him either....that's what any manager should be doing if they wanted to improve their team.
I do have an issue with the way the club has managed its roster this season, this just being the latest....and the statements that they didn't know until this week he was leaving.
I don't know why Millar decided to leave (other than we have been crap this year)....perhaps his manager really does hate the Mariners, but if that is the case then Millar will find out for himself eventually that his manager does not have his best interests at heart.
I do think we need to play the best squad available every match. If he is professional, then he will play the best he can for the rest of the season (unlike others we have who don't play with heart ANY week).
Sure I'm disappointed he's leaving....but why cut off our own noses to spite ourselves by leaving him out. If there is someone BETTER than him, then play them...but don't play someone worse than him. that's stupid.
rant over.....and hopefully I won't be banned like Offsider....

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
It’s true ...VAR and greedy fkn managers have bollocksed the game , having said that , common courtesy would be expected from Millar, wouldn’t it ? , well it appears he doesn’t have any , so any backfire against him from fans is totally on him ...and besides , the Jests will crumble next year and the Snake Millar will slide off to the new Victorian team and probably take Snake Odonovan with him and not tell Snake MCKenna till they move into their new digs ...so KARMA MOTHERf**kERS

turbo

I do think we need to play the best squad available every match. If he is professional, then he will play the best he can for the rest of the season (unlike others we have who don't play with heart ANY week).
Sure I'm disappointed he's leaving....but why cut off our own noses to spite ourselves by leaving him out. If there is someone BETTER than him, then play them...but don't play someone worse than him. that's stupid.

For the record I voted no early on but now we've had time to digest it. We don't have the luxury of going full Joyce and benching one of our best players, we're still holding the spoon at the moment and really dont want to go back to back. The fans get to have an emotional reaction and the club has been able to convey it's feelings by sending him home from training. Today they need to get back on to the job at hand which is trying to take points from a top 3 team and making sure this development doesn't hurt morale for the whole squad. In the coming weeks we'll have the new players on board and other players who havent signed elsewhere will be more in the mix to get game time. It makes sense to focus our development on those who might be sticking around. But this weekend with the squad we've named starting him is still the most logical choice.

soccer mad

Play him make him feel the crowds disappointment and why protect the Jets new signing by not playing him make him sweat it out with the paltry deal his on .The Jets want an injury free Miller let's send off as a broken down Miller.

yellowcake

I'm still not happy, having definitely been one of Millar's fans but trying to maintain objectivity over anger and look at the bigger picture, changed my vote.
I find it hard to not agree with finally retired's post and given where we are, I think while he's within our best 11, we've no other sensible choice, until / unless he demonstrates a lapse in professionalism by his performance.

priorpeter

So I’ve had a chance for sober reflection today (in stark contrast to my drunken rage last night). Should Matt Millar play for us again this season?

Not only no, but f**k no. f**king Judas snake c**t piece of shit. f**k you as well Mckinna you fat prick

Big Al

We don’t need Millar at all.

Aspro New bloke Rowles
Kekeris Pain Oar Murray Hoole can all play on the right if necessary.

Training ground for practicing our tackles only

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred