• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Should Millar play for CCM again this season?

Should Millar play for CCM again this season?

• Yes

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • No

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • Only if we've no other choice

Votes: 7 9.1%

• Total voters

BaysideMariner

I think a bit of perspective is required. Firstly, if you look at it from the players point of view, if he did in fact sign weeks ago, it was during the losing streak, McCormack had left, senior players were being dropped due to one bad performance and there was obviously tension amongst the ranks. I suspect he was also on minimum wage. If Jets came with an offer of more money why wouldnt he go.

Furthermore, training is currently held at an association run field and there is a significant lack of infrastructure at the club presently. Further to that, staff have also left the football department (strength and Conditon) and Team Manager. We talk of loyalty yet Golec is gone after a couple of bad performances and being played out position, Cisse seems to have been forced to retire, youth players aren't really been given an opportunity.

Millar probably thought the Jets seem stable, competing in the ACL and the culture under Merrick seems to be ok. Last year Roux was moved on, Wales was moved on and now they are both thriving.

Can you honestly say if you were offered more money and perks you wouldnt take it.

Elite sport is no longer about loyalty from neither club or players, the players need to do what's best for their short careers and the clubs need to also make changes. That's why it's called the A League merry go round.

I wouldnt be surprised if other young players we have move on.
Lots of great points here. I agree with all of them. The only thing that I see in this piece is that CCM gave Millar an opportunity to showcase his skills. The least he could do was let the club know he was offered something else.
It shows a complete lack of class and ability to communicate or he didn't want to he here. I wont take the "his agent did it" theory.
Personal responsibility is the key. f**k him.

turbo

Lots of great points here. I agree with all of them. The only thing that I see in this piece is that CCM gave Millar an opportunity to showcase his skills. The least he could do was let the club know he was offeredd something else.
It shows a complete lack of class and ability to communicate or he didn't want to he here. I wont take the "his agent did it" theory.
Personal responsibility is the key. f**k him.

I don’t buy for a second that Millar didn’t think he was wanted by the club. He’s picked up a bunch of the fan choice awards, been clearly an important player for us and an example of good recruiting. If that conversation wasn’t happening fast enough he probably just had to ask.

Players leaving is nothing new, the way the club reacted and what Shaun has said afterwards suggests we weren’t given the professional courtesy to even come to the table when there was another offer presented and that’s the difference between playing out the season and parting on good terms or being dropped.

priorpeter

Should Millar play again this season?

Not only no, but f**k no. f**k the snake Judas c**t piece of shit, and also f**k the club for dropping the ball so hard and letting this happen.

COYY

I dont think he thought he wasnt wanted, maybe he thought moving on was a better career move.

Considering we have won one game in approx. 340 days and he can showcase his ability in the ACL.

I totally agree, a conversation should have been had informing staff of his decision and that's on him.

However, his agent (who from my understanding is the same as Mulvey's) may have advised otherwise.

Insertnamehere

I dont think he thought he wasnt wanted, maybe he thought moving on was a better career move.

Considering we have won one game in approx. 340 days and he can showcase his ability in the ACL.

I totally agree, a conversation should have been had informing staff of his decision and that's on him.

However, his agent (who from my understanding is the same as Mulvey's) may have advised otherwise.
A team that's had 2 good seasons in 15 isn't a good showcase.. a team that fluked being on more points than us

Wombat

I think a bit of perspective is required. Firstly, if you look at it from the players point of view, if he did in fact sign weeks ago, it was during the losing streak, McCormack had left, senior players were being dropped due to one bad performance and there was obviously tension amongst the ranks. I suspect he was also on minimum wage. If Jets came with an offer of more money why wouldnt he go.

Furthermore, training is currently held at an association run field and there is a significant lack of infrastructure at the club presently. Further to that, staff have also left the football department (strength and Conditon) and Team Manager. We talk of loyalty yet Golec is gone after a couple of bad performances and being played out position, Cisse seems to have been forced to retire, youth players aren't really been given an opportunity.

Millar probably thought the Jets seem stable, competing in the ACL and the culture under Merrick seems to be ok. Last year Roux was moved on, Wales was moved on and now they are both thriving.

Can you honestly say if you were offered more money and perks you wouldnt take it.

Elite sport is no longer about loyalty from neither club or players, the players need to do what's best for their short careers and the clubs need to also make changes. That's why it's called the A League merry go round.

I wouldnt be surprised if other young players we have move on.

For a debut post...................thats high up there for wank factor.

Jog on wanker.

Ozhammer

I am hearing that Millar’s agent was central to the Jets move, as he has apparently negotiated a big cut of any sell-on fee, something CCM wouldn’t agree to.

None of that exonerates Millar but the kid is wet behind the ears and is hardly likely to tell someone like Rallis to get nicked is he?

Wombat

A team that's had 2 good seasons in 15 isn't a good showcase.. a team that fluked being on more points than us

Thats bullshit. I always got my POTY awards in a shit team. When we won the comp i never got it!

Millar and Pain have been the shining lights.............easy for anyone to see.

The fact that Millar is a lying untrustworthy dog is on him and no one else.

But lets not get too excited......he is not that good....................its just we have been that bad.

Insertnamehere

Thats bullshit. I always got my POTY awards in a shit team. When we won the comp i never got it!

Millar and Pain have been the shining lights.............easy for anyone to see.

The fact that Millar is a lying untrustworthy dog is on him and no one else.

But lets not get too excited......he is not that good....................its just we have been that bad.
Huh? Its a comment on the jest

Wombat

Huh? Its a comment on the jest

Can you explain it?
Or am i drunk?

I read it back.................i'm drunk i think. My son is making me listen to that creepy song from Lovely Bones that always makes me want to cry...song to the sirens...or someting.
like that. Hard to follow anything sensible but Offies Unicorns.

Michael

f**k no. This is worse than Holland. Worse than Roy.
Holland didn’t think he’d get many minutes with us. So football reasons. Has admitted he struggled with the decision big time recently. Still snake’ish.
Roy, actually got a load more money. So a cashed up snake. No less a massive snake.
f**king Noel Spencer went because it was genuinely the very last thing he could get before being totally done.

Millar can go and f**k himself.
I’ve been thinking all night. He definitely is not irreplaceable and definitely has looked better because we’ve been shit.
And what he does in matches, powerful runner. Same simple shoulder fake and hip swivel then knock past defender every single time. It’s actually incredible how often it works. His decision making can be horrendous and he’s absolutely rooted after 55-60minutes.
We can find better or atleast equal right backs.

I’m sure Pain has had a few interesting phone calls/texts through this season due to his hunger and passion leading to brilliant form. But he’s the most committed he’s ever been for us. And deserves an O/S move.

So in conclusion, f**k Millar. Someone feed me 8 schooners so I can yell fight him.

Wombat

You are going to yell for someone else to fight him.......once you are bold enough after 8 beers. FFS!!

Give me 2 beers and a pineapple and i will add to the lumps on his judas forehead.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred