• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Should Millar play for CCM again this season?

Should Millar play for CCM again this season?

• Yes

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • No

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • Only if we've no other choice

Votes: 7 9.1%

• Total voters

Coastalraider

I have just voted yes (I don't know who the other one is/was).....
I don't have an issue with him signing away from the coast...he is young and has to decide what's best for him. I don't have an issue with Laurie speaking to him either....that's what any manager should be doing if they wanted to improve their team.
I do have an issue with the way the club has managed its roster this season, this just being the latest....and the statements that they didn't know until this week he was leaving.
I don't know why Millar decided to leave (other than we have been crap this year)....perhaps his manager really does hate the Mariners, but if that is the case then Millar will find out for himself eventually that his manager does not have his best interests at heart.
I do think we need to play the best squad available every match. If he is professional, then he will play the best he can for the rest of the season (unlike others we have who don't play with heart ANY week).
Sure I'm disappointed he's leaving....but why cut off our own noses to spite ourselves by leaving him out. If there is someone BETTER than him, then play them...but don't play someone worse than him. that's stupid.
rant over.....and hopefully I won't be banned like Offsider....

Well said.

I’m unhappy to lose him, but it’s a professional sport.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
How f**kin ironic is it that SackWhacka is the scummer involved in the shenanigans

Tevor

Will be interesting to see how Millar handles the spotlight Mulvey has thrown him into. Get the feeling Mulvey will hook him quickly if he appears to struggle with the pressure and magnifying glass that will be applied to him this game. Makes today’s game a bit more interesting at least.

Kareem

I imagine the young man is full of regrets about now.

The jets are not the glittering lights they appeared to be, he lost out on an even bigger offer from us, and the rest of this season is going to be very uncomfortable for him in front of the fans

Interesting point RE: the rest of the season being uncomfortable in front of the fans...

Apparently McKinna was planning to keep the deal quiet until the end of the season?
Before the Sydney Morning Herald broke it...

Does anyone think Millar was naive enough to believe that this would stay quiet?

Charlie1

I think his manager has a lot to answer. Yes he has had a great start to the season why wouldn’t you shop your client around to get the best deal. Not even giving the mariners a option signing the first deal to land on the table. I don’t think that is smart. I’m not saying he should stay at the mariners but at least shop around. He is not the first and won’t be the last to do this. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Like I said somewhere else! I don’t think MillerTheScummer is gonna dawdle now just because his got a new gig next year, so IF he plays! I thunk he will do o.k

Big Al

Interesting point RE: the rest of the season being uncomfortable in front of the fans...

Apparently McKinna was planning to keep the deal quiet until the end of the season?
Before the Sydney Morning Herald broke it...

Does anyone think Millar was naive enough to believe that this would stay quiet?
Had he not been sent home and it witnessed we would never know like when Roy left

Last edited:

Insertnamehere

Disappointed with the crowds reaction to him. Got wierd looked when I was hissing, booing and calling out snake when got the ball .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred