• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Shopping list for the January window

Big Al

Can someone more knowledgeable than me explain the injury replacement rules for the a-league? If Ross is injured & is a loan player and he goes home & doesn’t return, I assume we stop paying him and this frees up the rest of his contract $ and also a spot in the squad to fill? But doesn’t necessarily mean we need to buy another striker correct? Thanks
Also if he is injured and we get a injury replacement while he is still on the books then we have to pay both. Hence we don’t do it as we can’t or won’t afford that.

I heard on one of the games the other day it takes a 3 month injury for insurance to pay which then you can use that money as you have been reimbursed.

Hence every 5-6 week injury we never get a replacement as we’d need to pay both.

Insertnamehere

Also if he is injured and we get a injury replacement while he is still on the books then we have to pay both. Hence we don’t do it as we can’t or won’t afford that.

I heard on one of the games the other day it takes a 3 month injury for insurance to pay which then you can use that money as you have been reimbursed.

Hence every 5-6 week injury we never get a replacement as we’d need to pay both.
Fortunately (not from a playing perspective) we have 3-4 wks till window opens and we can't take on any new players till then.

Ancient Mariner

It seems to have taken quite a while since Ross has been unable to train/play for a decision to be made that the knee is serious.

Am I being a cynic or is it convenient for all parties that now he has to go back home for an operation?

Was all this time needed for a diagnosis of the knee or to work out a separation?

Offsider

In a loan deal, I am curious as to how the medical insurance works, and also how an injury replacement works.

In our case, it is not how it works as much as it is how mc can apply it to minimise his costs blah blah blah.

The list of incompetent decisions post phelan’s appointment is staggering. The reason he was so long unemployed may have been for a reason outside of his ability to control. Could it be that he is just another mc bad notion on the cheap.

The rumours post bolt are also not what the rusted on fan should be pleased about and the silence from management is deafening.

There you go “ offy knockers” ......... fodder for you........... take your minds of the weekends game

You’re welcome :cheers:

Big Al

It seems to have taken quite a while since Ross has been unable to train/play for a decision to be made that the knee is serious.

Am I being a cynic or is it convenient for all parties that now he has to go back home for an operation?

Was all this time needed for a diagnosis of the knee or to work out a separation?
Disnwe ever hear anything about Taveras ankle and he was walking in a moon boot telling fans he was stuffed.

Don’t expect anything more from the club on McCormack

Wombat

Ding Ding Ding.

Wombat

In our case, it is not how it works as much as it is how mc can apply it to minimise his costs blah blah blah.

The list of incompetent decisions post phelan’s appointment is staggering. The reason he was so long unemployed may have been for a reason outside of his ability to control. Could it be that he is just another mc bad notion on the cheap.

The rumours post bolt are also not what the rusted on fan should be pleased about and the silence from management is deafening.

There you go “ offy knockers” ......... fodder for you........... take your minds of the weekends game

You’re welcome :cheers:

what rumours Offy?

pjennings

Up front I want to say I want to keep Ross and Tom (hopefully the crap going on now can be resolved). From January I assume that Aspro will be ready and hopefully Ross will be back

So where are our real problems now. 3-4-3 seems to be a good formation with our current but we need more creativity and a better keeper. However, we have only 1 open spot. We need a keeper to move on and to sign a better one, we need a top class 10 and if Ross goes we need a prolific striker .

The other tweak I would do would to play 1-2 not 2-1 up front.

------------------New Keeper--------------
-------Aspro-------Cisse------Rowles-------
Millar-----Hiariej------O'Neill---------Pain
--------------------New visa 10------------------
-----------Murray-----------McCormack or new visa striker------

with Kennedy, Gauci, McGing, Clisby, Macdonald, Melling, Berry, Oar, Simon, Gamiero, McGlinchey, Kekeris, Hoole, Shabow

priorpeter

Up front I want to say I want to keep Ross and Tom (hopefully the crap going on now can be resolved). From January I assume that Aspro will be ready and hopefully Ross will be back

So where are our real problems now. 3-4-3 seems to be a good formation with our current but we need more creativity and a better keeper. However, we have only 1 open spot. We need a keeper to move on and to sign a better one, we need a top class 10 and if Ross goes we need a prolific striker .

The other tweak I would do would to play 1-2 not 2-1 up front.

------------------New Keeper--------------
-------Aspro-------Cisse------Rowles-------
Millar-----Hiariej------O'Neill---------Pain
--------------------New visa 10------------------
-----------Murray-----------McCormack or new visa striker------

with Kennedy, Gauci, McGing, Clisby, Macdonald, Melling, Berry, Oar, Simon, Gamiero, McGlinchey, Kekeris, Hoole, Shabow

Nail, head etc.

Offsider

what rumours Offy?

:doh:Earlier on here there was mention of some discourse as to the reason young left the scene. Not enough time for him to do his real job preparing the team etc while having to prepare the bolt.???

Try and keep up lad :popcorn:

January is nearing and the shit will hit the fan soon ............ something has to give if there are no wins:-|

Michael

Usually the loaning club (us) can terminate a loan player at any point for what ever reason. I’d be shocked if Ross returns. 5 weeks plus the couple weeks to get back upto fitness etc.

Take the opportunity to get in someone else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred